The Call

And so it begins
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nam Ji Hyun walked into the kitchen as her parents and sister ate breakfast. She poured herself a glass of milk and sat down with them.

“How was dinner? Who did you meet?” Her mother asked.

“I was offered a new role yesterday. The lead is Ji Chang Wook. I met him and In Guk oppa for dinner.”

“Omo! Ji Chang Wook! Why did you not take me along?” Her sister’s large eyes stared excitedly into hers. “He is so dreamy! How is he like?”

“He’s actually really nice. Which is somewhat surprising, isn’t it?”

“Really? Oh he’s so perfect!” Her sister swooned.

“Which one is this one?” Their father asked. To him, these pretty boys all looked the same and he could never quite tell them apart. Of course, he always made an effort to remember the ones who acted with his little Nam.

“Appa! This one!” Nam Ji Hyun’s sister quickly pulled out a picture of Ji Chang Wook on her phone.

“Ah… he’s ok I suppose.” Their father replied.

“Ok? Appa, he is so ridiculously good looking!”

“Do you like him, little Nam?” He asked.

“He’s nice and very kind to me, appa.”

“What is the drama about?” Her mother asked.

“Prosecutors, attorneys and the cases they face.”

“That sounds like something you haven’t done.”

“Yes I haven’t had a role like that. Although, it’s going to be a bit more adult this time.”

“OMO! Kissing! Lots and lots of kissing?” Her sister teased, making kissy faces at Nam Ji Hyun.

Nam Ji Hyun saw a frown on her father’s face as he exchanged a quick look with his wife before he took a deep breath in.

“Appa…”

“Little Nam, you know I will never be comfortable with this but if you think you are ready for it, I support you. Omma and I will always support you in everything that you do.”

“Araso appa.”

Nam Ji Hyun was reading the script on her laptop as her sister came prancing into her room.

“So… tell me more about him!”

“Who?”

“Ji Chang Wook!”

“He was so nice! In Guk oppa asked me along for dinner and Chang Wook oppa paid for dinner.”

“Omo! You call him oppa!”

“Actually, he asked me to. And he held my wrist! And dropped me back home! And I ridiculously fell on his lap thanks to the hump of doom outside our place!”

“Oh the hump of doom strikes again!”

“I was so mortified but he was really sweet and he helped me back up.”

“I would have died of embarrassment.”

“I know. Thankfully, it was so dark so he didn’t see how ridiculously embarrassed I was. Also, I now have his number on my phone!”

“OMO!!!” Her sister squealed as Nam Ji Hyun’s phone suddenly flashed to life. Nam Ji Hyun looked at the phone and was surprised to see the name on the caller ID. She quickly chased her sister out of her room and took a deep breathe in before clicking answer on her phone.

“Yeoboseyo?” She said calmly.

“Ji Hyun-ah? It’s Chang Wook oppa.”

“Annyeong! I knew it was yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter