The Decision

And so it begins
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The motorbike pulled up at one of those trendy coffee shops.

“Come.” He said, grabbing on to her wrist as he walked quickly through the backdoor without even removing his helmet.

She followed closely behind him and they went up the stairs, through another door which opened up to the expansive second floor balcony of the coffee shop.

“Wow!” She said.

Ji Chang Wook removed his helmet quickly and moved to help Nam Ji Hyun unfasten hers. She took the opportunity to gaze at his ridiculously beautiful features up close.

“My friend owns this place. So I use this sometimes to meet friends.”

“And go on dates?”

“That too. Rarely. But yes.”

“Do you have a girlfriend now?”

“Me? No. I’m going straight to the army after this drama. Do not pass GO. Do not collect $200. I don’t think anybody will want to date me at this point. They will have to love a stinky army boy for two years!” He laughed depreciatingly.

Ji Chang Wook was intrigued by how straightforward Nam Ji Hyun was with him and how comfortable he immedialtely felt with her. He was always tight lipped about his personal life, even with his friends. Curiously, he was being extremely candid with her and he didn't mind it. 

“Don’t say that. There are many girls who would date you in the heartbeat!”

“I hope it wasn’t too forward of me to call you about the script. We had another meeting with the casting team this morning and they are getting really nervous. I told them we met for dinner and they asked if I could follow up with you.”

“It’s fine! I was reading the script and thinking about it all morning. I told my family about it too.”

“How big is your family?”

“My parents and my unnie. You?”

“Just my eomeoni and my silly dog. My appa passed away when I was very young. I barely remember him.”

“That must have been really hard on your mum.”

“It was. We really struggled. She was really sad when I said I wanted to act. Thankfully, life is nicer now.”

“The good is sweeter after the struggle.” She replied thoughtfully.

“It truly is.” He smiled. “So should we talk about the script? I don’t want to waste your time away from your boyfriend.”

“Nah I don’t have one!” She replied dismissively.

“Ah, In Guk will be happy to hear that!”

“Please! In Guk oppa teases me all the time! He says he needs to approve whoever I date! And he doesn’t believe me when I tell him it is just barrenness for me. I never even had a boyfriend!”

“Not even from school?”

“Boys my age think I’m really serious. I’m studying psychology so I’m always observing things and people. It makes them nervous I think. The acting part also doesn’t help. Who wants to be compared with a k drama star?”

“Yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter