The Dinner

And so it begins
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hyun-ie!” Seo In Guk called out as he saw Nam Ji Hyun sliding open the door to their private room at the restaurant.

“Oppa!” She replied, walking quickly over towards him. He pulled her into a big bear hug as she beamed at him. His affection for Nam Ji Hyun was so obvious and she seemed to reciprocate his affections. Ji Chang Wook flashed a quick smirk at his friend.

“Annyeonghaseyo Ji Chang Wook-shi. I am Nam Ji Hyun. Sorry to crash your dinner!” She smiled and bowed respectfully at Ji Chang Wook.

“You guys have met right?” In Guk asked.

“Yes, we met earlier this year. We’ve seen each other at the salon right, Ji Hyun? It’s ok if I call you that?”

“Of course! In Guk oppa calls me all these random permutations of my name. Ji Hyun works fine!”

“You can call me oppa too.”

“Araso, Chang Wook oppa.”

Nam Ji Hyun found herself sitting beside Seo In Guk and opposite Ji Chang Wook which was essentially any fangirl’s dream come true. As the plates of raw Korean beef was served, Nam Ji Hyun tried to compose herself and started cooking the meat over the hot grill as they chatted easily.

Nam Ji Hyun quickly wrapped the cooked meat in the lettuce leaves topped with some kimchi and gave one to each of the boys.

“Thank you for having me. Eat well oppa!”

“Oh this one is good. She should come along more often.” Ji Chang Wook teased.

“If you invite me for food, I’ll definitely be there!” She replied with a quick cheeky smile.

“Yes, this one eats well. Not like most girls. Mostly like a noisy boy.” Seo In Guk said, putting his arm casually around her, pulling her closer to him. She made an annoyed face at In Guk but didn't pull away from him.

“Ja! I am totally sweet and demure! Look!” She tucked her hair demurely behind her ears and smiled sweetly, intentionally batting her eyelashes slowly at Ji Chang Wook. “Right, Chang Wook oppa?”

“Ah yes, very sweet and demure.” He deadpanned, before breaking into a hearty laugh.

“How long have you been acting?” Ji Chang Wook asked.

“Actually, I started since I was 9 but it’s on and off with school and all that.”

“Woah… sunbaenim!” He exclaimed.

“Hyung, didn’t I tell you? She’s one of the best or probably the best I’ve worked with. Even though she’s so young!” Seo In Guk chipped in.

“In Guk never fails to talk about you. He always says what a great actress you are.”

“Does he? He never says it to me.” She replied as she turned to look at Seo in Guk with a raised eyebrow.

“Because if I did, I would never hear the end of it.” Seo In Guk remarked.

“That’s true!” She quipped, with a laugh. “Actually, Chang Wook oppa, I only just realised this now but we were in a drama together!”

“Were we?”

“Warrior Baek Dong-soo! But I was acting in the child role. I don't think we had any scenes together.”

“Oh! My goodness. How many years has it been?”

“Maybe 6 years? So I was probably 15 or 16.”

“Oh God. You are so young. In Guk, we are so old!”

“I know. Don’t remind me. I don’t know how these old bones are going to survive the army.” Seo In Guk replie

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter