The Answer

And so it begins
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hi.” He said.

“Hi.” She replied. 

“How are you?”

“I’m tired. How about you?”

“Me too. We didn’t get much sleep. Do you want to meet?”

“I’m out with my unnie now. You can come meet us if you want.”

“Is that ok?”

“It’s fine. She wants to meet you anyway.”

“Okay, I’ll come over.”

“What are your intentions with our little Nam?” Nam Ji Hyun’s sister asked Ji Chang Wook pointedly, her eyes looking directly at him, cutting immediately to the chase as Nam Ji Hyun excused herself to order drinks for them.

“I like her.” He replied simply, not breaking eye contact.

“I don’t know what you or In Guk-shi are up to but she is not a toy for you to have a fling with before the army and discard heartlessly after. You may not know this but In Guk-shi confessed to her before his enlistment and after that, he just went all radio-silence on her. I know things might have been hard for him but it really hurt her, especially when they were such good friends before that. Ji Hyun may seem very mature for her age but she is very sensitive.”

“I don’t have any intention of doing that.”

“What is the point of confessing to her now? Do you expect her to wait two years for you?”

“I don’t know. I just couldn’t bear not telling her and not knowing how she felt. Not after the past four months. Your sister makes me very happy.”

“She makes everybody happy. Everybody she’s worked with always harboured a crush on her. Some more than others. Do you honestly think you are the first one to feel like this for her? I’ve seen it all. This is nothing new.”

“Do you want me to leave her alone?”

“I am not saying that. She likes you. I think you know that too. I just don’t want to see her hurt after you’ve had your fun with her over the next few weeks and head off to the army for two years.”

“I don't want to hurt her. I really want to be with her. Going to the army doesn’t make a difference on how I feel about Ji Hyun.”

“Why did you invite her to Jeju?”

“I wanted to spend time with her. Outside of work schedules and all our commitments.”

“One final fling?”

“I am serious about your sister. And I don’t do flings.”

“How about Ms Korea? You have quite the reputation on the internet.”

“It’s not true. We met once at the party and took a picture together. We never went out. She’s just using my name for publicity.”

“And your f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter