The Casting

And so it begins
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“How about Nam Ji Hyun? I saw a video of two of you at an award show and you two look cute together.” The casting director said.

“Ah, yes. We presented a bunch of awards earlier this year. Is she in school though?” He smiled slightly to himself, as the memories of the night and her bright smile flashed in his mind.

“She might be in university now. We can check with her manager. Filming is going to start soon and we really need to cast the female lead as soon as possible!”

“I know…” He replied, as he took off his cap and rubbed his head wearily. “I don’t know why it has been so difficult to cast the lead in this. It’s my last drama before enlistment. This really needs to work. I need things to end on a high note before I disappear for 2 years!”

“Don’t worry too much! We are exploring all possibilities. How did you find her?”

“She’s very cute. I think she could be a good fit for Bong Hee. Seo In Guk raves about her all the time! Although, I suspect he probably has an unrequited crush on her. That hopeless guy!” He said with a laugh.

“Her drama with In Guk-shi did rather well.”

“Yes I think it did. It did better than they had expected.”

“If you don’t have any objections, we’ll reach out to her management.”

“Sure, let’s do that. Actually, she goes to my hair salon too. I’ve seen her a couple of times. Maybe she’s not in school now. I don’t know.”

“That’s alright. I’ll call her manager and update you later.”

“Yes, please do. This lack of a female lead is making me extremely nervous.”

“Will do.”

“Ji Hyun?”

“Manager-nim?”

“We received an offer for a new drama. I’m going to send you the script now so you can take a look. The lead is Ji Chang Wook. Choi Tae Jun and Nara from Hello Venus have also signed on.”

“Jinja? Ji Chang Wook?” She tried her best to contain her excitement. They met earlier that year during awards season. He was so incredibly good looking and kind to her despite being the huge star that he is and Nam Ji Hyun being, well, her. They chatted backstage before and after the awards like old friends. They saw each other a couple of times at the hair salon too and Nam Ji Hyun always bowed respectfully to him since he was her sunbaenim and she didn’t want to seem like a crazy fangirl.

“I know. He’s cute. Just read the script first ok?” Her manager said with a sigh. Years of managing young actresses have taught him that they were like any normal girl, harbouring fangirl crushes for their fellow actors in the industry. The only difference is that they hid it better than normal girls.

“I will. Are you sending it now?”

“Just did.”

“Ok! I will go read it now.”

“Hyun-ie!”

“In Guk oppa!”

“How are you? Why haven’t you called me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter