The Loose Ends

And so it begins
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hyun-ie.” A familiar voice called out to Nam Ji Hyun as she answered her phone.

“Oppa… how are you?”

“Sorry I haven’t called you for so long. Things just haven’t been… great.” Seo In Guk replied.

“I know.”

“Can we meet? Can you come over? I can’t be seen out.”

“I’m shooting now but I can come over later.”

“Great. Let me know what time? I’ll order some food.”

“I’ll text you.”

“Oppa…” Nam Ji Hyun called out to Seo In Guk as he opened the door.

“Hyun-ie. I miss you.” He pulled her in immediately into a tight hug, inhaling her scent. She pat him gently on his back, giving him a small smile.

“Hi.” She said.

“Hi. Come in.” He replied.

They settled around the coffee table with bowls of jjajiangmian and side dishes. As they ate, he asked her about the drama and she excitedly told him all about it. It soon became apparent to him that she had taken a liking on Ji Chang Wook. Seo In Guk wondered if his friend knew about it.

“You like him?” He asked quietly.

“Oh it’s just a harmless crush. It’s probably just the character and I’ll be over it once we are done shooting. You know how it is with these dramas! You are placed in the situations where you can't help but feel all these feelings!” She tried to brush it off instantly.

“He’s a good one. There are many horrid ones around but he’s a good one.”

"Are you trying to fob me off to your friend now that you are done with me? Are you done? Is that why you asked me over? After ignoring me for months? What is this?” She asked, suddenly fuming after bottling up these feelings for months without any outlet.

“Hyun-ie… I know we kissed but things are really messy for me. I’m not going to be able to call you or text you or see you even though I want to. Even seeing you now is going against my management.” He rubbed the back of his neck warily, peering at her with his dejected eyes.

“Do you know how upset I was? Waiting for you to call me? I thought… I thought at the very least we were friends.” She said as tears sprung to her eyes.

“Hyun-ie… don’t cry.” He reached over to wipe her tears off her face as she tried to blink them away. He cradled her face in his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter