Chapter 4

Neighbors
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Letters

Author’s POV

 

Monday morning, 6:14am, Yoona is cooking her meal for her lunch and snack for later. If she were in Busan, everything is being prepared by her mother. But since it is all up to her, she have to rely to herself. Atleast she is proud that even though that she is not that expert in good housekeeping, her apartment is all clean. When everything is done and she is ready to wear her shoes, someone knock on her door. Early in the morning? Who could it be.

She went to the door and opened it revealing Luhan with his usual smile.

“Uhm, I’m returning your plate by the way. Thanks for the meat. We really like it”

Yoona smiled. So he like her cooking- but wait. Did he just say ‘we’???

“We?”

She ask. Does he have anyone in his apartment?

“Oh, Sehun and I. But Sehun really ate the most. I guess he like your cooking”

So it was Sehun. She thought Sehun is the type of a person who is picky but she was wrong. He was just also like the other people. He just have attitude cause he is still too young.

“So then, I’ll be going now”

But just before Luhan could go,  Yoona called him.

“Luhan-oppa wait”

Just by that ‘oppa’, Luhan slightly blushed when he shouldn’t be because it is just an honorific way to call older men for girls. He went back to composure and smiled

“I told you, Luhan is enough”

“Oh, right.. I forgot.. I just want to ask if where are you working at?”
Yoona thought of asking because she was thinking of bringing Tiffany there at lunch. She is sure enough that Tiffany would be happy. But is she as well?

“That, it’s located downtown near the subway station. Why? Are you going to pay a visit?”

“Sort of. I was just curious where could you be working at”

“I’ll be happy to see you there then. I’ll be going now alright? See you Yoona-ssi”

Luhan said as he bid goodbye. Luhan’s words struck Yoona so much. But ofcourse Yoona can’t just fell on that words. She just can’t let this infatuation grow, now that Tiffany likes him too. Yoona then went back inside to get her things and go.

As she was taking the stairs, she saw Sehun going down the stairs too. She keep up with him and greet him goodmorning. But as Sehun, he just respond with a stare. Really, so cold and emotionless again.

“Why can’t you just smile. It wont cost you anything”

Yoona said but then again, Sehun kept himself silent. But not until Yoona brought up such topic

“I heard you like the meat last night”

Then that caught Sehun. He look at her with his left eyebrow raised.

“Say what?”

“Uhm, Luhan told me you like the meat I gave-“

“And you believed it? For your information, your meat is so salty Luhan can’t take a bite and so I did it for him”

He said making excuses.

“Then you really ate it. If it really is salty then you wouldn’t as well took a bite. Right?”

She said giving Sehun a winning smile and left which made him irritated and dumbfounded. She’s right. What a lame excuse he just told her. He could just told her that he threw it away but eating it all? Stupid.

“You really are getting on my nerves Yoona”

 

Second subject has arrived. Unluckily for Yoona, Hayoung didn’t attend school and so she don’t have anyone to keep company with. Although she’s all grown up to think that she wouldn’t survive without someone at school, there’s still that feeling of being lonely and shy being alone.

“Yoona-ssi right?”

Someone suddenly called up. Yoona was in a state of recognizing the guy since she thinks she already saw him before. Then after awhile, she realized, it was her classmate from one of her subject.

“Siwan-sunbae”

She said. Siwan is one of her classmate in some of her subjects. She never talked to him that much cause literally, Siwan is crowd favorite. He have so much friends that Yoona would not want to be involved with anymore. 

"I was just wondering, do you have someone to do the partner-up research? You know, the research in our chemistry subject"

It was then that Yoona remembered the research thingy last week. She still don't have any. Hayoung already have someone to share with. Yoona was about to ask her that time but since someone already ask her to be, she never bother to ask her. From that moment she forgot about that research.

"Oh, uhm.. Yeah. I nearly forgot about it, good thing you made me remembered"

"Jinja? So, in return of making you remembered, can you be my partner in this project then?"

Yoona hesitate at first but, does she have any choice? She don't have any partner to do this requirement and there is Siwan offering his help.

"Sure"

"So, when do you plan to do it? We can do research after class"

"Oh, I don't live in the dorms inside campus. I can't stay here as well cause I have job"
She explained

"Oh, then I can just pay you a visit? You won't have a problem, I already have 3 proposed research and we just have to expound on that"
He said more like he is pushing her to say yes. But of course Yoona can't say no, why can't she? If she won't be partner up with him, she might fail.

"Ok then. Just give me your number so that we can have connection"

"That's great!"
He exclaimed in victory. 

"See you later then"
He did as he returned to his seat


[LUNCH BREAK]

Yoona promised Tiffany  that she will take her to the coffee shop Luhan is working at. As she was about to go out her school, Tiffany is already at the gate waiting for her.

 She's not that so excited, really. Yoona thought. Tiffany waved at her with her usual eyesmile as she waved back.

"Yoona-ssi! I'm so excited! I really can't wait ! You don't have any idea how I suffer inside class waiting for lunch break"
This really proves that she must be really like him.

"I can see that"
All she can say before they took the step to the coffee shop Luhan is working at. Yoona feel a little bit guilty about her feelings towards him. When is she planning to stop it? But Tiffany and Luhan aren't a couple yet so why is she worried ? But also, Tiffany is her best friend. 

"Are you ok?"
Tiffany asked bringing Yoona back to reality

"Uhm, yeah. It's just that, I am thinking about my research"
She lied. 

"Then I'll help you with that then. I'll come over your apartment later?"

"Oh, you don't need to, I got a research partner and he'll come over later"

"HE?!"
She said stopping Yoona from walking. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter