I fall apart

Where He Lies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I can't believe I agreed to this." Luhan complains as he sits in the middle of Baekhyun's room, watching the brown haired boy run around. The other members were out on their own schedules and both Luhan and Baekhyun managed to get the day off together. Luhan had promised the other that he would help search his room for any cameras in order to appease the paranoid and anxious man who was currently pacing around. 

"You said that if there were a camera it would be easier to find one if there were two sets of eyes looking." He responds before crouching down in front of his bookshelf. "You are my second set of eyes." His fingers run over the different books on his shelf, most of them collecting dust since he didn't normally get the time to read anymore. "Besides," he wipes the dust from his fingers onto the side of his pants, "you're the only one who hasn't judged me so far. How do you think it would go over if I asked Kyungsoo or Jongdae to help me look? They'd laugh me out of the dorms." 

"You're probably right." He laughs quietly before pushing himself off the ground. "Well, if we were a crazy lunatic, where do you think we'd stash a camera?" He asks with a raised eyebrow. 

"Probably somewhere with easy access." Baekhyun responds, rocking on his heels with pursed lips as he looks around the room carefully. "I believe- well," He sighs loudly and stomps his foot in frustration. "They make this look easier in television dramas." 

"Of course they do. Who would watch a drama that's hard to solve? No one has that much patience." He snorts before throwing himself on Baekhyun's bed. "Why is your bed comfier than mine? Unfair treatment." Baekhyun only rolls his eyes in response. "Maybe they'd hide it in a teddy bear or something." Luhan offers after a moment of silence. "Or in a tissue box or whatever. I think I've seen that done in a movie before."

"My teddy bear?" Baekhyun asks and strolls over to his dresser that's placed against the wall across from his bed. "This would be a good spot, but I don't want to tear up my teddy bear." He whimpers and looks over the small blue and fluffy bear in his hands. "Chanyeol got this for me, you know. It was a birthday present." 

"We can ask Junmyeon or Kyungsoo to stitch it back up. We just won't let Chanyeol see it." He replies before sitting up in his spot. "But better to be safe than sorry, right?" Baekhyun scrunches his nose at this before nodding his head begrudgingly. "Get me a pair of scissors?" He briefly looks over his shoulder to look in the other's direction. Luhan scoots himself off the bed and is out the door within seconds, returning a minute later with a pair of kitchen scissors in his hand. "Thanks." Baekhyun mumbles and takes them from his hand. "Chanyeol's going to kill me." He whines before starting to carefully cut across the bear's neck. "Oh no!" He gasps when seeing the stuffing start to spill over, Luhan snorting from behind him.

"What did you think was going to happen? You're decapitating it." Baekhyun nudges Luhan in the stomach with narrowed eyes before putting his attention back to the issue at hand. "Do I just pull the stuffing out once I get it's head off?" He asks, fidgeting anxiously when the head was close to coming off. "Because I feel really guilty for doing this. Chanyeol's going to think I hated his present or something." He suddenly gasps loudly and turns to look at Luhan with wide eyes. "What if he thinks I don't want to be his friend anymore?" 

"I don't think it'll be that deep." He says and gestures Baekhyun back to the teddy bear. "Would you rather not look in the teddy bear and just let someone keep filming you?" There's a silence between the two and Luhan nearly laughs in disbelief. "Really? You better hope that some killer doesn't lure you out with a teddy bear or something. You're too easy." Baekhyun pouts at this, huffing quietly before pulling the head off that was only connected by a loose thread at that point. Luhan rests his chin on Baekhyun's shoulder while watching him pull out the stuffing from the bear, tossing it onto the floor afterwards. "Lu," he calls out softly, Luhan only humming in response, "can you close and lock the door please? I don't want Chanyeol walking in on this."

"Chanyeol isn't even here. And wouldn't it be suspicious enough if everyone were to come back and we're both locked away in your room?" Baekhyun only shoots him a look, a look that warns him to stop talking and to just do what he asked. "Fine, fine. But don't blame me when the others start getting the wrong ideas." He has his hands raised in the air before turning on his feet and walking over to the bedroom door. He closes and locks it, walking back over to the shorter brown haired man. "Anything?" He asks when looking at the pile of stuffing by Baekhyun's feet.

"I'm still pulling out stuffing." He replies casually. 

"Still? How can such a small thing have so much stuffing inside?"

"How else is it going to be so nice to snuggle?" Baekhyun asks with a raised eyebrow. Luhan just rolls his eyes at this. "I think that's the last of it." He mumbles when dropping a little amount of stuffing onto the floor. "Well?" Luhan asks with a raised eyebrow, leaning over his shoulder to peer inside the bear. "Do you see a camera or any wires?"

There's a beat of silence between the two before he whines loudly and throws the bear onto the floor. "I de-stuffed him for nothing! There's nothing inside! Oh, Chanyeol is going to be so upset with me." 

"It's fine; we can just have Junmyeon or Kyungsoo stitch him back up." Luhan mumbles as he bends over, scooping the pile of stuffing into his hands. "Hold on." He carefully puts the stuffing back into the stuffed bear once double checking for any wires or cameras. While he wouldn't say anything to the other, he did feel strange in Baekhyun and Jongin's shared room. There was just something about it that made him feel watched, and while Luhan didn't get paranoid over such small things, he wouldn't tell the other as it would only freak the vocalist out even more. 

"Maybe there isn't anyone watching me. Maybe I'm actually just crazy." He sighs and tosses the stuffed animal back onto his bed, passing by his framed pictures while walking back to his bed. 

"You aren't crazy." Luhan watches the boy flop onto his bed, rolling over and burying his face in his pillows. "You're an idol; it's normal for you to feel paranoid and think that someone's watching you. And actively looking for cameras in your room isn't that crazy either. Some people are insane, I wouldn't be surprised if we had found one." He shrugs and walks over to Baekhyun's bed, sitting on the edge of it. "Don't be too hard on yourself and ignore everyone else if they're making you think you're crazy. Better safe than sorry, right?" 

"Mhm." Baekhyun muffles from his pillow. Luhan laughs quietly and comfortingly pats his knee. "Everything will be okay, Baek. Every storm shall pass, right?"

 

"This is bad." Yixing sighs while looking at the small coffee table in the living area. "Really bad." The group of nine men had been searching the dorms for the last ten hours for cameras that could have been stashed away throughout the house and had just regrouped after the long and exhausting search. So far they had found a total of six cameras, none of which were working when found. The cameras were all piled onto the wooden coffee table, Junmyeon anxiously pacing around the living room while Sehun sat still on the couch, pressed to Luhan's side. 

"There must be footage we can play, right?" Jongdae asks and turns his attention onto Yixing. "That's how cameras work, right? They film and then you can play back the footage."

"Generally, yes. But since they aren't active anymore I'm a little concerned." He responds while closely examining one of the small cameras in his hand. "I'll still try to see if I can get any footage from it or anything, but I'm doubtful." Jongdae nods his head to this, chewing on the nail of his index finger in a nervous manner. 

"Where did we find the most cameras?" Luhan asks tiredly, his eyes half shut while he leans onto Sehun. He was tired and stressed, everything becoming far more real and too close to his comfort. While he wasn't living with them anymore, he couldn't help but wonder if the same person had been watching him too. He never felt like someone had been watching him, and he liked to think that he was rather observant, but you can never be too sure t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter