Memories of you

Where He Lies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's been a long two weeks for Baekhyun since EXO-K and EXO-M decided to group up and tour together for the month. Going from six people living in the dorms to twelve people living together, Baekhyun was sure he was going to start losing his mind. He wasn't sure how Junmyeon was able to cope with all of this. Tao running around the dorms screaming at the top of his lungs as Kris tries to shut him up, Minseok and Luhan chatting loudly before dragging Sehun into the conversation, and Chanyeol and Jongdae scream-laughing at every single joke they said was beginning to grow tiring. Baekhyun was originally against the idea of the large group being split into sub-groups, but when realizing that this was something he'd have to deal with every day, Baekhyun suddenly understood why SM made the decision that they did.

It was for their own sanity. 

Baekhyun buries his face in his pillows with his headphones in, music from his phone blasting loudly as he tries to tune out the screaming of his group members. It's not that Baekhyun didn't enjoy their company; he really did, but he just needed some time to himself. It was his days off that he enjoyed the most as he could enjoy the comfort his bed gave him, but he was finding it extremely hard to drift off to sleep when they had an additional seven people in the house. 

Thankfully, with the help of soothing music that's meant for people to drift off to, Baekhyun can feel his eyelids feeling heavier and his breathing becoming softer. A whimper leaves him as he snuggles up to his soft pillow, feeling as comfortable as can while wrapped in his silky soft bedsheets. However, light leaking into his room pulls him from dream land and back into reality. His eyebrows furrow as he buries his face back into his pillows, almost forgetting the new presence in his room until he feels his right headphone pulled out of his ear. "What?" He mumbles, figuring it was Sehun or Chanyeol in his room, poking and prodding for attention. 

"This is how you welcome us?" The voice is definitely not one that belongs to Sehun or Chanyeol though and Baekhyun opens his eyes to stare at the figure hovering over him. It was Luhan. He's starting to become nervous at the thought of his elder thinking he ditched him and their company on purpose. He didn't have much of a relationship with Luhan in general, so he was unsure if he was actually offended or not. 

"Of course not." He's sitting up within seconds, so fast that he nearly headbutts the bright blonde in the process. 

"Then what are you doing right now?" Luhan has a stern expression on his face and Baekhyun's starting to fret even more as he quickly yanks out his remaining headphone. His mind is swirling around for answers as he just stares at the other who's now sitting on his bed. They came two weeks ago; why is he getting on his case now? It's not like he didn't welcome them the first day they arrived. He was the one who opened the door for them! "I'm just playing around." Luhan says before Baekhyun can freak himself out even more. "But Jongdae kept whining about how he hadn't seen you and he was growing concerned." Baekhyun gags at this, the blonde laughing in response. "So I told him I'd come check on you. You see, he's concerned, but not to the point where he'd get off the couch and look for you himself."

"Typical." The brunet snorts under his breath. "He just saw me two hours ago." He grumbles as he slowly moves the sheets off him, a whine leaving him when the cold air hits his body. "It's our day off. Why isn't everyone napping? This is their prime time to do so." Luhan's the one snorting now, getting off Baekhyun's bed while the brunet bends over to look for his slippers that are more than likely under his bed. 

"Because no one wants to sleep the day away on their only day off." Luhan hums while looking around the other's room. He's never been in here before, at least not alone that is. It was roomy, pictures of Baekhyun's family and friends littering the small shelves in his room that he shared with Jongin. He had his clothes dumped into the corner of his room, whether they were clean or not Luhan wasn't sure. "I was thinking," he starts, his gaze landing on Baekhyun who struggles to put on his slippers in his sleepy state, "maybe we could do something tomorrow. I'm kind of tired of being cooped up with EXO-M all the time, and I'm sure you're tired of being cooped up with EXO-K all the time. I thought maybe it would be refreshing for us to go out and do something together." His cheeks are growing a faint red when Baekhyun glances over at him with a confused expression. "And out of all the members, we don't really know each other too well. It could give us a chance to bond. I think it's important that everyone is friendly with each other. Isn't it weird for two members of the same band to not know each other?" Luhan has a bad habit of speaking quickly when he grows nervous. Baekhyun's always noticed this about him. His Korean was excellent, though he had the habit of losing himself mid-sentence whenever he'd grow nervous. Luhan was one of the most liked members in the band; he wasn't sure why he was always so anxious.

"Sounds good to me." Baekhyun hums as he gets up from his bed. "I know some good food places around here that we can stop at. We can stop at some shops too. There's some good clothing stores around here that I think you'd like." Luhan smiles brightly at this, stuffing his hands into the pockets of his pants. 

"Sounds like a plan to me then." He hums before the two walk out of his room, Jongdae's shouts and Chanyeol's laughter being heard from down the halls.

 

Luhan didn't picture spending his free time in a plane for a last minute trip to South Korea, but since Baekhyun disappeared he shouldn't find himself too surprised with the situations he's found himself in. Junmyeon called him a few hours ago, rambling something about cameras found in the dorms and something about Baekhyun and messages. He knew it was urgent though, and he knows that Junmyeon must have called him at the request of Kyungsoo or Minseok based off their last conversation they shared in person. A shaky sigh leaves his lips as he glances out the window of the plane. It's been awhile since he's seen all the members together, and he knew that it would feel surreal and a little awkward. Of course, the situation they were in was already surreal, so maybe the members wouldn't mind too much about his sudden presence in the midst of all this chaos, right?

He checks the time on his phone. 17:08. He should arrive at the Incheon International Airport within the next hour. Things must be getting serious over there if Junmyeon were the one to call him up, not Kyungsoo or Minseok. He chews on his bottom lip nervously, fidgeting with his fingers as he glances around the mostly empty plane. What was he getting himself into? He pushes a hand through his dark brown hair, a nice contrast from his tanned skin. He leans back against his seat, his eyes fluttering shut as he lets memories flood his mind as he allows himself to drift back to the times where he was in EXO.

Where had it all gone wrong? Maybe if he stayed with the group Baekhyun wouldn't have gone missing. That's a bit of a stretch, but he can't but feel that way. Maybe he would have been able to pick up on something if he stayed. It's immature of him to think that he could have stopped something, right? A deep sigh leaves him as he gets comfortable in his seat. Think back, Luhan. Maybe there was something that you missed.

Baekhyun was good at hiding his emotions. It was something to be admired and something to be concerned over. There weren't many instances where the two could spend time together, so he wasn't blessed with many memories to think through. Think harder, Luhan. 

 

"You've been acting weird recently, Baek." Luhan places a cup of steaming tea in front of the brown haired male. "You keep spacing out every time I see you. Keep it up and you'll have Junmyeon on your case." He sits down across from the other, a small smile pulling at Baekhyun's lips. 

"Your hair looks nice."

"What?" Luhan asks with raised eyebrows. 

"The brown looks nicer on you. The blonde shades you were using were too bright." Luhan snorts quie

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter