Two ghosts

Where He Lies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: double update! :D also I’ll give everyone a hint about Baekhyun. If you want to know more about what happened to him or if he’s alive or dead, I’d heavily suggest paying attention to the things he says in everyone’s dreams/memories starting LAST chapter.

also...why do you guys think the camera is in the fridge? lol i want to know your thought process behind this.

---

Jongin's playing on his phone with Sehun pressed against his side when Junmyeon, Yixing, and Luhan walk in through the front door. "I'm so glad you guys are back." Kyungsoo groans while hurrying out of the kitchen. "Have you found anything out yet?" Junmyeon lets out a deep sigh from this, having not even put down his bags yet. 

"Actually, I think-" Jongin's soft voice is quickly drowned out by Kyungsoo and Minseok asking the men questions nearly non-stop, Sehun sighing softly as he positions his head to rest on the other's shoulder. "Junmyeon." He calls out though the leader doesn't even spare him a glance as he tries to listen to the concerns of everyone. He was getting fed up; it always seemed to go this way for him. He had a naturally soft voice when he was off stage and rarely liked to raise his voice. It was easy for him to go unheard and he found himself having a difficult time speaking over others or even speaking up for himself. He purses his lips when realizing he wasn't going to be grabbing his attention from the older members and turns to face Sehun afterwards. "Stay here; I'm going to check on Chanyeol since no one cares." Perhaps he was being a bit childish, but Sehun didn't seem to be bothered by it who only nodded in response. He slips out of his spot from the couch, walking down the hall afterwards. He disappears down the hall without another word, aimlessly standing in front of Chanyeol's bedroom door. His fist hovers over the wooden door before he lets out a sigh and knocks gently. "Chanyeol," he calls out, "open the door. Please?" 

A minute passes before he can hear the door unlocking from the other side. It doesn't open though, so Jongin decides to push open the door himself. "How are you feeling?" He asks while peering into the room. Chanyeol was curled up in his bed, the sheets hiding him away from the rest of the world. He looked like a small child hiding during a thunderstorm and it made Jongin's heart ache. "It's really dark in here." He comments when noticing that the curtains were all drawn. "Would you like it if I open them? It's nice and sunny out." He doesn't make a move for the curtains though, and instead carefully sits down on the side of the bed. "Chanyeol..." He pats his knee comfortingly. "We'll find Baekhyun. Sehun was just upset earlier; he didn't mean what he said. You of all people know that." 

"I know." His voice comes out so soft that Jongin nearly misses it. He's staring blankly ahead at the wall in front of him, Jongin pursing his lips while observing his empty expression. "I just want him back." 

"Why don't you come out for a bit? Junmyeon, Yixing, and Luhan just came back from China."

"Did they come back with Baekhyun?"

"Well, no-"

"Do they know where Baekhyun is?" He asks gently. He sounded exhausted, like it was taking energy from him just to speak.

"I don't know. They didn't say yet." Jongin answers truthfully. 

"Then I'm not going out." He turns on his side after saying that, pulling the sheets up further. "Why should I? I know what they look like." 

"Well, I'm certainly not going to leave you alone then." Jongin huffs quietly before hopping off the bed. "What you're doing isn't good for you. You can't isolate yourself from everyone all day. It will only make you sicker." He says before pulling the curtains open. Chanyeol flinches from the sunlight that's now streaming into his room, Jongin smiling as he looks out the window. "It's really nice out today, Yeol." 

Chanyeol just stares wordlessly at Jongin. "Are you hungry? You haven't eaten since yesterday afternoon." He says while turning around to face the other. "I can bring you some leftovers from dinner last night. You can't go all day without eating. It's already evening." He sighs from Chanyeol's lack of response, shaking his head after. "I'm going to help you get through this, Chanyeol. You don't have to do this alone." He crouches in front of the bed so that he's face level with him. "I want to help you get through this." He speaks softly, a small smile presenting itself on his lips. "You don't have to do any of this alone, you know." He frowns slightly when Chanyeol still doesn't respond, getting back up afterwards and heading back over to the bedroom door.

"Jongin?" Chanyeol's voice is shaky when it calls out to him and Jongin instantly turns around to give him his full attention. "Could you close the curtains?" Jongin feels his heart shatter in his chest before sighing softly and closing the door behind him. 

 

"Where do we even look for a seventh camera?" Minseok asks as he pinches the bridge of his nose. "This is getting so old." 

"I can't believe we were filmed for so long." Kyungsoo mumbles under his breath while sitting in Jongin's previous spot on the couch. "Is there a possibility that this camera is still active?" 

"Yeah." Yixing says after a few minutes of silence. 

"Did Yeon give you an idea of where the camera could be?" It's Minseok again, who's pacing back in forth in the living room. He was no doubt growing stressed from this. 

"You can't expect her to know these things. She only knows from the footage she saw on the cameras. She has no idea where it could be." The room falls into a tense silence as Jongin walks back into the living room, going straight into the kitchen without a word. "Jongin," Junmyeon calls out while watching the younger wander into the kitchen, "you need to come out here. It's important that you're included in the conversation." 

"Can't." Is all Jongin offers in response while raiding the refrigerator for something to give to Chanyeol. Junmyeon furrows his eyebrows in confusion from the nonchalant reply. "What do you mean you can't?" He asks while leaning over to peer into the kitchen. 

"I'm doing something else right now. You can fill me in later." Kyungsoo can feel his eye twitch from the younger's attitude, though decides to stay quiet and mind his own business. "Let him be." Jongdae says while patting Junmyeon on the back. "Everyone has things on their minds right now."

"Yeah, but it's still important that he knows what's going on. A seventh camera is a big deal and he needs to be aware-"

"A seventh camera? Cool. I'm aware now." Jongin calls out while placing str

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter