The Feeling

The Art of Getting By
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Now that the holidays are approaching, Chang Wook was busy looking at the scripts offered for him to direct, as well as the invitations of other writers and staff in terms of him directing their works for the following year, while Ji Hyun is getting busier by the minute as the publishing house is on the deadline to release the last series of books for the year. And as usual, Ji Hyun was working with Hae Joon to check the manuscripts before publishing them in the next few days, and they decided to work through it in a small coffee shop in Hongdae.

"How are you holding up so far this year?" Hae Joon asked as he was checking the final details of his manuscript before sending it to their supervisor through e-mail. 

"It's been a ride, to be honest. There were a lot of interesting things that I've learned and have happened this year." She sighed. "How about you? How are you holding up so far?" 

He presses his lips together before looking around him and crouching down towards her, his voice a mere whisper. "Will you promise that you won't tell anyone about this?" 

"Of course, if it's that important." She nods as she whispered in response. 

He leans in closer, and then, he replied. "I finally have a boyfriend." 

She lets out a small gasp and looks around if anyone was interested in their conversation, the news shocking her completely. "Really? Since when? Who is he? Are you guys going steady right now?" 

He chuckled in response. "Yeah. Do you know the man in my lock screen whom you thought was my brother before? Yeah, that was him. I finally asked him last night, and yes, we're going steady right now." 

She couldn't hide the big smile on her face from the news of her friend. "I'm so happy for you, oppa! And just in time for the holidays!" 

He smiled widely as well as he looked back at his phone lockscreen. "I'm glad you accepted me well. You're one of the few people that actually reacted well to the news." 

"Of course. No matter who you love or who you want, you're still my friend. And whatever makes you happy will make me happy as well." She replied, 

"Thank you, Ji Hyun. Really, I'm so grateful that I got to know you." He released a content sigh and a warm smile towards her. 

"You know what's crazy?" She started. "I actually had a crush on you before, and I would never imagine myself to be in this position right now." 

He laughed in response. "You had a crush on me? Really? Am I that charming?"

"Don't get too proud on me, oppa." She chuckled. "But yes, I had a crush on you... but even though you prefer men over women, I'm still happy for you."

"That's sweet, Ji Hyun." He smiled as he sipped his mug of coffee.

"So, how did you guys get together?" She asked him.

"Oh, we met at a mutual friend's birthday party, and we were trying to outsing each other on who can sing EXO's Call Me Baby better." He laughed at the memory. "Ever since, we started going out as friends, but then I kind of suddenly had this epiphany that I liked him. It actually took me a long time before I confessed, and ever since, we just started trying to get to know each other better...And here we are."

"Oh wow..." She replied, smiling at the image of Hae Joon and his boyfriend singing it out to the song in her head. "You two must be fun at parties."

"Tell me about it." He rolled his eyes. "Every time we all get together, they would always tease us for that moment. It could be basically engraved in our wedding vows at this point."

They both laugh at the thought of it, but after some time, Ji Hyun looks at him in wonder. "I should really ask, and I might sound cheesy, but how did you know?"

"Knew what?" He replied. 

"That you were in love with him?" She asked. He went silent for a while, thinking about where to start.

"Well... it comes to you slowly, to be honest." He started. "Like one moment, you just see him as someone that you thought was quite normal to say the least since he treats everyone so nicely, but I guess I kind of realized that I was in love with him was when we did a movie marathon with our friends, and he kept talking about how much he loved the choice of movie he had for the marathon."

He smiles at the memory in his head, and Ji Hyun smiled at him as well, thinking about how lovestruck her friend was. "He was talking about that movie with so much passion and I just thought "Maybe this is how he talks about the people he loves." And I was right somehow, because when he brought me to his sister's house to come out to her and talk about me, I saw the same glint in his eyes as he talked about his favorite movie to me before. I just knew somehow that this man was for keeps."

She felt nothing but utter awe and happiness for her friend. "You must really love each other that much, huh?"

"Definitely." He replied. "Which brings me to this..."

She furrows her eyebrows suddenly. "Nam Ji Hyun-ssi, if you're ever going to find someone, let it be a man or a woman, make sure that they talk about you and look at you like you're the only thing they're passionate about. Those people are worthy to be in your life, so please keep them close."

"You sound like an old married woman with that advice, oppa." She chuckled. 

"I'm serious, Ji Hyun." He replied, a deadset look on his face. "There are only a few people in the world who would actually, genuinely care about you. Please don't let them slip away from your hands."

"I'll try my best when I actually find that person." She replied, a smile on her face as she continued on with her work. 

"Well, sometimes you don't have to look that far." Hae Joon whispered to himself, hoping that Ji Hyun didn't hear him, but with how she nonchalantly worked on her laptop at the moment, he was sure that she never heard what he said in the first place.

__

Nam Ji Hyun was a woman that was very keen on keeping her promises. When she promised him that she would watch the premiere of the first drama he directed, she fulfilled it accordingly by leaving from work early

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter