The Visit

The Art of Getting By
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The two haven't spoken to each other for four days, which is somehow the average time where they wouldn't speak to each other after a fight. If they do decide to talk to each other, it would mostly be about snark comments and jabs, and they would stop talking completely or else the neighbors would find themselves watching their screaming match like a movie. 

The only thing that Ji Hyun looked forward for the week was her parents visiting, but of course, they would probably look for Chang Wook, considering that they have basically adopted him ever since they laid their eyes on him when he brought the package for Ji Hyun that ended up on his front porch one time, and she knows that she's not going to hear the end of it when they find out that they fought. 

"Ya, you're staring blankly at your screen again." Hae Joon remarked as he looked back at the woman in distress.

"I'm sorry, I was busy searching on how to deal with my parents when they find out that my neighbor and I are fighting." She replied in a mocking tone. 

"I'm guessing that neighbor is Ji Chang Wook-ssi." He replied, which earned him an annoyed look from her. 

"Alright, it's He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Mentioned, if that's what you want to call him." He raised his hands in defeat. 

"Let's hope things wouldn't be a total wreck later on." She groaned to herself as she placed her face in her hands, thinking of a good way to avoid the conflict again, as if it was not bugging her for the past four days. It was hard when they fought, since most of the time, when she needed someone to vent out to, she would find herself still feeling angry at him, especially now considering how he reacted when she tried to defend herself. She shakes her head from these thoughts and continues on with her work, trying to make herself useful and distract her thoughts before she gets angry again. 

Chang Wook, on the other hand, stops the actors and the staff for the thirteenth time, since the lighting looked off and the actors weren't properly positioned at the camera. He's particularly grumpy today, which is somehow a bit of concern, considering how he's most of the time a cool and calm director. 

"Jae Hyung! I told you that you shouldn't put the light by their right side or else the shadows would look too intense for the camera! How many times do I have to tell you this?" He shouted. "Again! Back to the part when she's trying to comfort him on the couch!" 

He takes a deep breath as they people positioned themselves properly, trying their best not to say or do anything or else they won't hear the end of it from him. Luckily, they shot the scene perfectly, and it was enough for him to sigh to himself. His colleagues would then think if he was sighing in relief, disappointment, frustration, or all of the above. They only had a few days left to shoot the scenes for the drama, and it drained him completely, considering that the deadline was approaching. He was even keen on not going home that much these days, since some scenes took a little longer to shoot. It even got to the point where he would pack a bag full of his belongings and he would sleep in the studio at different periods in time. It was also a good way to avoid conflict between him and Ji Hyun. It didn't help that they were still angry at each other, although he already missed ranting to her about his day, but nonetheless, the silence was meant to stay for a long time. 

After a few hours in the studio, he decided that it would be great if they packed up for the day, since it was already emotionally and physically draining for everyone in the studio as they finished some of the heavy scenes in the drama. He trudges towards his motorcycle with his belongings in tow, and sped off home, wanting nothing but to plop down on his bed and sleep the tiredness away. When he finally arrived back home, the snow was falling fast and the sky was already pitch black, which only added to his sleepiness. As he made his way inside the house, the sound of chatter stops him. He looked towards the door that separated their houses, which he noticed that the voices got louder and more frantic. When he was slowly approaching the door, the shift of the latch startled him, and then, he was met with the familiar faces of his neighbor's parents. 

"Ji Chang Wook-ssi!" Nam Gyo Kyung greeted him. "You're home early, come join us for dinner." 

"Uhm, Appa—" He heard Ji Hyun interrupt, but she was cut off by her own mother. 

"Chang Wook-ssi, please join us for dinner." Hyo Joong spoke as she beckoned him.

Knowing how it's disrespectful to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter