Episode Six

The Playful Film Student
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Episode Six

Jung Eunji

 

The moment her arms wrapped around my neck, the way she dragged me close as she engulfed me in a hug… it made another crack in my once broken heart. You ever watched How I Met Your Mother before? That girl… she’s like my Robin Scherbatsky. The girl you loved so much, but can’t be with. The type of a passionate love, not really the first but the one that lasts for a millennia, and nothing could seem to compare against her. That no matter whom you meet, what you do, nothing will ever feel like it would be with Robin.

She must’ve hugged me for too long. The world must’ve stopped, like how it used to when she holds me.

Like how Robin must’ve said in HIMYM. “If you have chemistry, you only need one other thing—timing. But timing is a .”

That’s what has happened between us.

Kim Namjoo…

“Jung Eunji… I missed you.” She whispered before pulling away.

I shouldn’t have, but the words slip out of my mouth. “I missed you too.”

And I didn’t miss her like I wanted to be with her again. I didn’t miss her like I wish we could be like the old times again. I missed her… like the “I missed her” kind of way.

She’s someone special… probably too special I didn’t even realize Naeun walking away with her back facing mine.

 

Bam! Bam! Bam!

“Dang it. Why can’t this stupid ball fall in the ring?” I cussed inwardly, taking the ball again and trying to shoot it but to no avail. Sigh. Why did I even try? I’m never great in basketball, much less any other ball game. Huh. Why am I so lame…?

“Why are you pouting to yourself, noona? You look like an old lady trying to be cute.” Ilhoon’s voice greeted me in the dark of the night. “It’s disgusting.”

“One more word from your filthy mouth and I’m not thinking twice of making you smell my foot later in your room!” I acted like slapping him, but he just laughed and sat beside me in the ground, looking up at the sky.

“Why are you so worked up, noona? Namjoo showed up in front of you once again?” He asked, almost throwing me off in shock.

“H-how did you know??”

“You only act like that when she shows up. Why? Did she ask you to out on a date once again?”

I shook my head. “No… Namjoo isn’t like that. She just asked how I was and kissed my cheek before leaving once again. I couldn’t even say much.”

“That’s how she is… She just comes and goes… You know how she’s scared of relationships right? She d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter