Episode Ten

The Playful Film Student
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Episode Ten

Jung Eunji

                

“Hey, did you perhaps see Naeun?” I asked a passerby in her building, but she just shook her head and walked away. I tried to keep asking others, but it was to no use. Nothing. Not even a sign of her.

“Oh, Eunji! What are you doing here?” I turned around and saw Wendy who was waving her hand to her.

“Have you seen Naeun? I’ve been looking for her everywhere!” I seemed to be in frantic, worry seeping in every part of me.

“Woah, woah, calm down, Eunji. What’s wrong? Naeun would be okay. I mean, it can’t be that bad, right? Maybe she’s in her classes.”

“She doesn’t have any classes at this time.”

“Well how about her home?”

“I don’t know where she stays! My house was nearer than hers so I never saw it.”

“Wait, hang on,” She tapped my shoulders before staring hard at me. “Aren’t you supposed to go to movies with her last night? You met her right?”

I shook my head, biting my lips as the memory of last night replayed in my mind. Namjoo kissed me in the lips. She must’ve seen it. I heard someone’s steps running away and all I see was her figure disappearing right before me.

“She didn’t show up… or if she did, she didn’t approach me and went home earlier. I don’t know. I really don’t know!”

“Mmm… did you do something stupid then?”

She caught me red handed.

“Jung Eunji, you better tell me what you did or else, trust me, I won’t let you see another daylight—“

“Namjoo kissed me last night! In front of the cinemas. She must’ve seen me, but I could call her back to say it was a mistake. She quickly disappeared even before I could grab her back. This is all my fault… It’s all mine…”

Wendy gritted her teeth before giving a sigh.

“I sincerely don’t know where Naeun is right now. All I know is that you up big time. Do you even know how much Son Naeun likes you? You probably broke her heart… so much.”

“I know.”

 

“Naeun! Stop running away from me!” I screamed, running after the figure of that very girl I was dying to meet for the past few days. She kept running away, avoiding me that it was hard to even have a glimpse of her face. And when I did, all I see was her red puffy eyes and an expression that shows how much I hurt her.

She ran a little faster, a little faster than before that it was almost hard for me to catch up. I never knew she was kind of an athlete. It makes the chasing a thousand times harder.

“YAH SON NAEUN, IF YOU DON’T STOP NOW, I’LL REALLY JUMP OFF THIS BUILDING!” I shouted on top of my lungs, hoping that she’ll

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter