Episode One

The Playful Film Student
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Episode One

Son Naeun’s POV

 

“Hey, everyone! The Film Club released another short film today!”

“Who’s the main lead this time? Don’t tell me it’s Kim Jongin once again?!”

“What’s wrong with Kim Jongin? He’s hot!”

“But Seowon is hotter than him by ten fold!”

“How about Chanyeol oppa? He’s good too!”

 

I groaned, hearing the usual gossips in the hallway on the way to my class. They are at it again. Sigh. I, in fact, don’t understand why students all over this university are so into the Film Club. Sure, there are the hot guys but they weren’t even celebrity worthy individuals. They don’t even know hot to act. Well, except for a few, that is. Ah I don’t know… I’m not one to enjoy films anyway.

“You’re having another rotten morning, again?” My best friend-slash-cousin Wendy Son asked as I walked over with her to our first period. “I don’t understand why you are such a man-hater.  The Film Guys are nice, you know? Besides, they are talented in their field of expertise… especially Jung Eunji.”

I raised my eyebrows after seeing her blushed cheeks.

“And who is that Jung Eunji? Another one of those airhead actors?”

Wendy laughed, shaking her head. “She’s the film club’s director. You can’t find her in any of the films but I heard she’s a great actress and a talented director.”

“That’s good to hear. At least, not all of them are airheads and that she's a girl.” I deadpanned before plopping down to a seat next to the window. I took my notebook out and ran through my notes before class starts.

To be honest, I don’t have a lot against the Film Club, except the fact that people almost worship them publicly in school as if they were idols. I’ve seen some of their films, and I must admit that they have an engaging story and nice technique in shooting scenes. I just wished they would pick better actors. It almost seems like they only pick the handsomest guys in campus.

After class ended, I quickly gathered up my stuff and went out the room with my friend. But that of course, didn’t end quickly like that. Gossips about the new short film of Film Club were filling the hallways. I was able to hear snippets of their conversations and even I was kind of shocked of what I heard.

“Hey, did you hear? This is the first time the lead was a girl and it was Jung Eunji.”

“Isn’t she the director of the club though? Why did she act this time?”

“Well, they have a whole new story line this time. It’s kind of a classic movie though. Light and sweet. If Eunji’s a guy, I would seriously date her!”

“Hah, I’m gonna date her even if she’s an alien!”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter