Thoughts

Blood Bound

ROSE'S POV: I'd literally seen her for a few seconds, barely any time at all but I couldn't get her out of my head.
Probably because of how silly she had looked standing there in her shorts in the freezing cold.
No, that wasn't it. But it must have been something important because I couldn't dtop thinking about her.
What was going on with me?
I sighed and tried to concerntrate on the lesson.
Which was impossible because of course, at that very second, Jennie walked in
Great.

The whole class stopped and stared and I just rolled my eyes.
I just looked down at my books but could still hear everythign that was going on.
If she wasn't pretty, they would all just think she was another freak. I hated how society worked.
'Hello there' said a voice and I looked up. SHe had sat beside me, why? there were plenty of other seats, why choose right beside me?
'Hi' I said plainly and looked back down.
'Jennie! Oh Jennie! I saved you a seat next to me so you don't have to sit by that loser'
'Better go' I told her 'your fans are missing you already'
She shrugged 'I don't care' she said 'I'm fine over here thank you' she called back and the girl looked heartbroken, I laughed at how shallow she was.
'Aren't you worried that I'll ruin your reputation?'
'What reputation? I've only just started at this place'
'Oh believe me, that doesn't matter. I'm not exactly your typical likeable and cool student' I said
'Actually, I think you're the most likeable one I've met so far' she replied and I blushed 'it's the others I don't like' she added and I giggled.
She was actually really nice.
She was going to get eaten alive at this school.

When the final bell eventually rang I packed my stuff and headed home.
'Mom?' I called when I opened the door 'you home yet?'
'In the kitchen sweetie' came the reply.
'Hey' I said as I kissed her on the cheek.
'How was school?'
'Same old stuff really, we have a new student, she just started today. Her name's Jennie'
'That's nice dear' my mom said as she handed me a spoon to taste.
'I suppose so' I said 'a little more salt' I added.
'Have you spoken to her?'
'A little bit yeah'
'You should try and be her friend Rosie' she told me 'she's probably feeling nervous and could use a friendly face'
'I'll try my best' I said.
'Good girl. Now go and lay the table, dinners' almost ready'
After I'd eaten I went straight up to my room with the intention of doing my homework and studying.
But instead, I fell asleep and dreamed...of her.