Distraction

Electric Heart

 

When Minho arrived at Kim Moon's apartment, he was surprised when Joo patted his way over to him, and inncocent yet worriful look in his eyes. Minho had barely understood the relationship between the dog and Kim Moon, but she treasured him dearly, and the animal seemed to know exactly when and how to cheer her up. However, it was odd to see the puppy out of her sight, when usually it would be snuggled with her. He looked around, the kitchen being the room the door was in, and realized the lights were off. That was unusual. She usually kept a bright house, and left blinds open if she could, but the place was absolutely darkened. He frowned and lifted the up the pup, before slipping on the guest slippers and continuing through the apartment. She must have found a way to stop herself from sobbing, because there was no sound emitting anywhere from the house. He looked at Joo, but the dog seemed at a loss for words...wonder why. 
 
He walked into the hallway and began seeing flashing colors of light in no certain pattern and very random on the wall opposite a doorway. A tv must be on, but there was no sound. He frowned and set Joo on the ground, and walked toward the door adn there she was curled up in a ball with a bag of chips watching some drama. It didn't take long for him to notice that it was Skip Beat! Siwon was being his usual handsome self, giving a charming smile to the main role, a female. He scoffed and shook his head. He was going to have girl issues soon.  Still he ignored that walked toward Kim Moon quietly, before kneeling down behind her.
 
"Watching a slightly romantic and comedic drama isn't the best way to cheer yourself up you know." She must have known he was there because she didn't flinch in the slightest. 
 
"It makes me laugh....Thanks for coming oppa.." She mumbled the last part under her breath, and it made him smile. She was still the same old Park Kim Moon. She wasn't used to exremely mushy or awkward situation, and rarely said a 'sorry' or 'thank you' that would come from the heart. She sat up staring at the ground in anxiousness.
 
"What was so wrong though? I haven't heard you cry that hard in a long time..." He asked quietly. He knew her, and she was a very big cry baby when it came to movies, sad stories, and the like, but she wasn't the type to go all out and sob uncontrollably. It doesn't surprise him that she already had her tears in check. She sat still with dry cheeks staring at space. If he didn't know her so well, he would have never noticed that she had cried in the first place. All the redness form her face was gone, and her eyes never swelled up large enough to be noticable. She sighed and rested her head in her hands.
 
"I know you don't want to hear this, but its Taemin..." Minho gaped, and rolled his eyes immediately standing up. Really?! He had rushed his way to her apartment without a second thought only to hear that her issue was with his dongsaeng?! He couldn't believe it. He should have known better. She owuldn't miss him. She was over it. How many times would he have to tell himself that in order to believe it though? He turned to look her at her. Weirdly, she wasn't even trying to keep him there, she just sat with a solemn expression. "He thinks that he's found Park Kim Moon." Minho scoffed. Great. That should be good news. Now she didn't have to hide her true self. What? Did Taemin find out and get mad at her for putting up the disguise? He wouldn't have doubted it, because he would have done the same.
 
"I really don't care about that. Shouldn't that be a good thing?" She shook her head, tears beginning to pool in her eyes again, but she easily blinked them away without any effort.
 
"No...because I haven't revealed myself yet...there's another girl posing as me. Oppa, what am I supposed to do?" 
 
It all made sense now. The girl back at their apartment that he'd recognized as her must be the fake one. Suddenly, Minho slightly pitied her for her situation, but it was her own fault putting up the disguise and not telling Taemin in the first place. Still, he removed his coat, and sat next to her. What exactly should one do in a situation like this? Taemin wouldn't be happy to hear that the girl he was with now was a fake, but if Kim Moon went and told him the truth, he still wouldn't be happy that she'd told him to call her Min Ah. He shrugged unable to come up with a solution that could truly help her. She sighed once more, and nodded understanding.
 
"Oppa, do you think...do you think you can get me some connections?" Minho chocked on his spit for a second, and coughed it out, patting his chest, then looked at her.
 
"What kind?! We can't exactly just call up someone to kill this girl if that's what you mean!" She chuckled and shook her head. Minho couldn't be more proud. He was still able to bring a smile to her face. He stared at her for a moment, then shook his head unnoticably. However, his pride sobered and he slouched. If only he would have actually tried a long time ago, then, they wouldn't be in this mess.
 
"No, I mean celebrity connections. Do you know any?" He shook his head.
 
"I do, but they're simply celebrity phone nubmers, most of which I don't really talk to." She nodded distantly, before laying back down into her fetal position.
 
"Thanks for coming Oppa."
 
--
 
Moon had no idea what to do anymore. even Minho didn't have the connections she really wanted. She groaned on the outside, but screamed in anger on the inside. How could anyone portray her? Why would anyone?! She was a no one, she was a stupid no one until she met with Taemin. A simple five minute meeting was causing her to stress over the slightest thing. Keeping two personalities was supposed to be easy, so why did this fake have to go and steal her identity? Not like she'd be able to gain her fortunes. Not like she even knew what her fortunes were. Moon sighed again.
 
"Thanks for coming Oppa. Do you have to go back?" She smiled when he shook his head. She didn't want to think about this. She had work early the next morning, and if left alone, she'd be cursing herself all night. Forget sleep, she'd just go straight to work--she wouldn't get any. Still, she turned to him, feeling rather awkward. She'd only seen scenes like this in movies and had idea how to approach the situation. She didn't him to feel that she was leading him on, especially after something like this. He might even think she's doing to get back at Taemin. She would never. Frowning, she cleared , once again, in an awkward manner. "Will you stay here for one night. Oh! But if you're busy in the morning, you can leave, you guys need the rest. I just wanted a distraction." She watched him with an unreadable expression. He too, was indifferent to her words for a moment until he nodded.
 
"Distraction? I can do that. Come on, let's go to the store and grab a few things first." Her eyes widened as he gave her the smile she'd loved about him such a long while before. She returned the gesture with her own smile and a nod. Moon would bounce back. That was her best ability.
 
 
-------
 
i have ot go but thanks for the subs and comments. This is more of a minho insight chapter! Thank you guys so much!!!!
 
-JumelJoo