Discovered

Electric Heart

 


"Who are you?" Moon could feel his eyes staring straight through the back of her head as she stood frozen in the middle of the street. It wasn't a busy road...it happened to be a rarely traveled street actually, which meant no publicity for the escaped star standing behind her. As she stood, it was only then she realized how cold the night really was. After the concert, she'd been so pumped she hadn't cared to put on a coat. She could even see her jagged breath fog in front of her face. She didn't expect this, nor had she calculated it. Why her? She wasn't anything special--just another fan enjoying SHINee. Taemin could have run after anyone else, yet he chose her. She blushed privately. The thought was rather flattering actually. Thousands of girls and he'd chose her. If she weren't feeling so awkward she may have been able to hold a conversation with him, but she contemplated the thought. A member of SHINee, her favorite to be exact, had just stalked her half way home. Good or bad? She couldn't decide, but was definitely leaning towards...hmm how about WONDERFUL. Yet, she didn't know how to explain herself. She'd never come up with a good explanation but he'd never find her again except during concerts. She looked to different, dressed too different. She was sure her own mother wouldn't be able to tell her face. 

Slowly, she turned around keeping her eyes on the ground, being sure not to meet his gaze. She stuffed her hands into her jean pockets and rocked back and forth on her heels hoping to accumulate some form of heat. She spent quite a while biting her lip in thought before parting her lips to talk.

"You only get a name."

---To Be Continued---

 

Moon stood in the crowd with nothing less than a grin on her face. She was disguised again, but oddly, she'd found herself adjusting well to living the double life. No, she wasn't famous in either life, but she was completely different in each. At home, she was the girl who nearly organized her house and paid the bill on time. Her hair was wavy and she always wore shorts and a tee. She worked out occasionally when she wasn't swarmed with school work. She didn't have any friends, and often disregarded worrying about anyone finding her living a second life. She'd often heard the phrase "Two can keep a secret if one is dead", but she didn't have to think about it. No one else knew, no one else cared to find out. Recently, she'd acquired a large amount of wealth to herself (legally, of course) and though she did use it for her necessities, she found herself buying tickets to every concert SHINee had in Seoul, plus and specials she deemed worthy of her appearance. Cocky. The word described her fully, but at the same time it didn't. She was too complex and intricate to be described by one word...that or she was simply being cocky again.

Either way, the thought was blown off along with her ears the moment she began to hear a steady beat play. Cheers of the crowd grew wild around her, and girls jumped up trying to claw their way to the front just to be seen near one of the idols. Though she loved SHINee, Moon couldn't say she was the same. She stood calmly with a smile as SM began to set in the stage effects as always. The room dimmed as different strobe lights began to flutter around the whole stage and crowd. Moon found herself blinded quite a few times, but ignored it the moment she heard the unfamiliar sound of an electric guitar. She knew this song--Lucifer--like the back of her hand. The beginning didn't start with a guitar. Impressed, she gently hopped to the music, rocking in every direction to the beat. Impressive. Within moments, the familiar members began to fill the stage y grins on each face, even Taemin. She smirked. She liked this side of him.  He danced his way to the front once more doing nothing less than a spectacular job and then she watched as she began to search the crowd.

Furrowing her eyebrows, she looked around confused, wondering if there was another famous member that was meant to appear onstage with him. She wouldn't doubt it with the way SM set things up. That is, until his eyes landed on her own. She stared back cluelessly, but flattered. She didn't take cameras with her. Pictures don't ever bring back the memory the way her mind did. They seemed to stop everything and share that moment on peace. It was as if there was no one else in the room but the two of them. Unconsciously, she found the corners of her lips tugging upward into a smile. She wondered if he was even looking at her. How stupid would she feel if he was look over her shoulder at someone else, but she didn't waste any time looking around her and kept her eyes only on him. Seconds...seconds...seconds...he smile back. She could see the perfect lines of teeth from behind his soft pink lips. His cheeks rose cutely, and his eyes slowly squinted upward until he was fully grinning. Shyly, she placed a hand of her face in embarrassment. He’d just given her a smile!! Maybe she did need to carry a camera around. She broke eye contact subtly, and watched as the girls around her nearly fainted in joy thinking he'd just given them his complete attention.

"Aw! He smiled at me!!!" One said happily, clutching her hands to her heart.

"I don't know what you're talking, that was definitely MY smile! I even smiled back!" A girl from behind her yelled angrily. 

"Excuse you?!" Moon didn't stay long enough to see the outcome of that argument. They have pounced, and she could have been caught in the middle heading towards the emergency room. She knew how SHINee's fans reacted, and she wasn't about to get caught up in that. They were like mini ELFs that were less crazy but still as loco as that guy Joe who thought he was a woman. The Beatles wrote about him...or was it Elton John? She didn't care and didn't remember. She heard a husky whisper, and looked toward the stage once more. Again, she found Taemin staring at her while speaking the words "SHINee is back... SHINee is back..." Before completely disappearing on stage, he winked in her direction, making another group of fan girls faint in happiness.

"SHINee is back."

 

Taemin found himself sweating as he reached the back of the stage of the MBC Gayo event. He'd seen her again. That girl. Every live event they'd held, he found himself scanning the crowd for her, even when he knew he wouldn't find her. She was nowhere to be seen on international flights if it wasn't a full on award show. Yet, he'd seen her tonight on their teaser stage. He felt his heart still beating in his ears as he'd caught her stare. She'd given him the most beautiful smile he'd ever seen and shyly looked away. It wasn't long before Taemin began to grin to himself in thoughts of her. She had long, straight brown hair, the same color as his own actually, maybe a few shades lighter. She wore a black top that had sleeves cut off at the shoulder with "RAW LIKE SUSHI" printed on the front. Her jeans were bright pink and that was how he identified her from the crown. While everyone wore something colorful, her outfit seemed to stand out the most. He could only wish he'd gotten a close up look at her face. He'd seen her eyes only once, and was instantly attracted to the sky gray, but that moment was fleeting and lasted mere seconds. He could have just been imagining the color. 

Frowning, he sat and let the makeup artist mess with his face as he continued to watch the rest of the night's performances on the small TV next to him. He watched as the camera gave a panoramic view of the crowd and he found himself searching for her once more. As the camera landed on her spot, he furrowed his brows confused. She was nowhere to be seen. He checked another TV with a different cameraman's view, and that's when he saw her. She was walking toward what he knew as the fan exit of the building. It wasn't meant to, but it made him feel better, as if she attended the event for him and only him. Couldn't have been though. There were other members in SHINee. How did he know she wasn't biased towards one of his band brothers? His frown deepened. Now he was merely ruining his own self confidence. This was a chance he wouldn't lose. Standing, he ignored the angry protests of the makeup girl and went to the VIP Lounge.

"Oi, hyung! I'll meet you guys back at our place! I have to do something!" He ran out of the room, grabbing a coat.

"Wae?! Taemin!!" He ignored Onew's calls and left chasing after her. 

The moment his face hit the cold Taemin nearly wanted to give up right then and there. It was like it had just snowed, but the white flakes were nowhere to be seen. Just as he was going to turn back, he saw a flash of neon pink turn past a building. He didn't work out for any reason. Smirking, he ran in hopes of catching up to her before she took a turn he wouldn't be able to see. Oddly, she had no idea of his presence chasing behind her, and he didn't want to call to her while she was too far away, she'd just run and he'd never be able to close the distance. So he just ran silently until he followed her to a street he'd never been to. All these years of being in Seoul and working, he found himself in unfamiliar territory. His mind thought of gangs for a temporary moment, but realized she was right in front of him in his grasp. Grinning, he spoke.

"Ne! Who are you?" She froze and he followed suit not wanting to chase her away. He stood confused and not really enjoying the silence or the cold. She had her back turned, but that couldn't cover the fog he saw rise from her lips. He stood patiently until she turned around. Yet he was growing frustrated. Still, she refused to look directly at him.

"You only get a name."

 

Moon watched from the corners of her eyes as he grinned happily and nodded also beginning to rock back and forth to keep friction working. 

"A name is all I need." He said quietly, but with a happy tone. She chuckled and shook her head at his ego. So she wasn't the only one around carrying a high head on her shoulders. That was good. She turned her back to him once more, lacing her fingers behind her in his view.

"That's what you think. My name is Park Kim Moon. Bye, Oppa!" After saying your name, you shouted the last part, and ran as fast as you could, rounding corners of buildings in a complicated way until reaching your apartment. Another new memory worth saving.

 

================================

Tell me what you guys think? D: :D Please~ ahem This is my first try at Taemin.

I hope you enjoyed. expect more! :D