Confrontation

Electric Heart

Hi guys, I know it's been a while! T_T I'm a very busy noona...not really, lmfao but last week was CRAMMED with things to do and get done. However, here's a chapter again. Things are beginning to get tense between Minho, Taemin, Moon, and Park Kim Moon (the fake). I wonder how things will play out later?

 

---------------

 

 

“Oppa! That’s not fair! You’re cheating again!!!!” Moon screeched in happiness yet in a pout. Minho had, once again, tried to change the outcome of the dice while she wasn’t looking. No wonder she hadn’t been able to win yet. He merely gave a handsome grin and continued on with the gaem is if that was the result he’d gotten in the first place. She rolled her eyes and let him continue anyway. He moved his avatar a few paces and handed her the dice. She gave him a playful glare, and shook the dice in her hands before letting them roll off her fingertips and onto the board.

“Aish..” He muttered under his breath while she grinned widely. She’d rolled a twelve. Silence slowly overtook as she began moving her own avatar over the board. “You know Taemin wants to hang out with you later today…” He spoke quietly. She merely ignored the information and continued playing by handing him the dice. She didn’t want to talk about this topic or anything close to it. She wanted to forget. That’s why she’d brought Minho over, but he didn’t grab the dice from her hands. She could feel his eyes on her as she stared at the floor, refusing to meet them. “You can’t ignore him forever.” She shrugged petting Joo who’d conveniently snuggled into her lap.

“I don’t want to go. I have a feeling she’s there.” Minho sighed and took the dice from her hands, setting them on the floor. She didn’t want to deal with this, nor did she have to. She was her own person, she had nothing to do with them. She could feel Minho place a hand on her shoulder, lightly shaking her. “Please stop.” She requested. He sighed and dropped his arm to his side and glared at her.

“You’re going. I’ll drop you off, and if she’s there I’ll stay, if not, I’ll leave.” She bit her lips at his forcefulness. She didn’t want to go. She didn’t want to see Taemin yet. She hadn’t recovered yet. Still, she solemnly nodded toward him, meeting his eyes. He smiled at her in attempt to be comforting but she simply stood. “Go get ready.” She nodded, leaving him alone.

 

 

Moon stood outside the small cafe indifferently. She peeked through the windows only to see Taemin along with her. She frowned not wanting to walk inside. Minho had obviously got the message as he got out of his car, and stood beside her. He pressed a supporting hand on her shoulder, but oddly she still felt cold. This was not her environment. She didn’t want to be with the talkative two. Taemin hadn’t even noticed her standing outside; he so immersed in a conversation with that imposter, that he couldn’t distract his attention for one second. She frowned, and shook her head. Minho gave her a tiny push and an understanding yet pushing expression. She pouted at him, but it made no difference. This was going nowhere. She took a deep breath. Here goes nothing.

With a smile, she pulled open the door. A bell rang throughout the café, but most of the customers shrugged it off. However, Taemin’s head popped up enthusiastically. He smiled as he set eyes on her but as Minho walked to her side, his face contorted into an unusual expression of annoyance. He’d never felt like that toward his hyung before. He inhaled and exhaled, but the feeling was still there. It was odd for him. As she sat down, he grinned, keeping it plastered onto his face even as Minho slid into the booth beside her.

“Yah, Min Ah, how have you been? You haven’t texted me or called since we talked!” He asked with a slight pout. She smiled and shrugged as she stared around the restaurant.

“We’ve been busy. I was helping her with her homework and such since she’ll be graduating soon.” Taemin switched his attention to Minho with another annoyed expression, but soon pushed it away, not wanting to seem to forcefully rude, but Taemin noticed that Minho hadn’t even noticed. He gestured toward Park Kim Moon.

“This is her! Hyung has already met her, but I wanted to introduce you to her, Min Ah!” She gave a polite, but brief smile towards Park Kim Moon and continued to stare down at the table. Taemin watched helplessly as she poked Minho, who leaned down as she whispered into his ear. He grinned and gave a slight chuckle while she giggled. Minho gave her a slight nudge and she nudged him back. Taemin could feel the same feeling he’d felt before build up as he watched the two laughing together. Min Ah looked seriously happy. Taemin frowned and leaned down to Park Kim Moon, knowing that his other invited friends weren’t paying much attention. “Don’t you have a schedule to fulfill?” He asked in a nice tone as he tried to keep his voice steady. She placed a finger to her lips and gave an excited ‘oh!’. She nodded.

“Sorry, oppa, I don’t want to leave you here, alone but it’s important!” He shrugged, and stood from the booth allowing her to leave. Min Ah must have finally noticed the difference, and quieted as Park Kim Moon bowed to her and took her leave. Minho also stood after glancing at his watched.

“I also have to leave. I missed a few things on the schedule this morning. Text me later, Min Ah.” She nodded with a light smile on her lips. He passed her a glance, as if asking her if she really wanted to do this, but she corresponded with a nod. He returned the gesture and left leaving the two alone. Finally Taemin let out his frustrated sigh aloud causing Min Ah to look at him with surprise.

“Is something wrong?” Taemin glared at her.

“I thought you two didn’t get along. What happened?!” He didn’t mean to sound rude, but he couldn’t fathom what had happened to their relationship in his absence. She gave a  solemn smile and shook her head and turned, hugging her knees.

“We just go reacquainted. That’s all.” Taemin couldn’t help but roll his eyes.

“Really? You both looked pretty close to me.” Now it was her turn to glare at him. Angry, she leaned forward on the table and stared his in the eye.

“Does it matter? You don’t know much! Open your eyes, because not everyone around you is who they say they are.” She hissed, and stood, grabbing her bag. Shocked, Taemin stood up as well, grabbing her wrist before she could make it to the door.

“Min ah! Wait!” She turned around, her glare still permanent on her face. Guilt engulfed him. He didn’t mean to cause an outburst. He wasn’t like that normally. He stared at the floor, keeping her hand enclosed in his own. “I’m sorry…I’m just really frustrated. I’ve been working on a dance with Kim Moon, and she couldn’t get the steps, so I’m just tired.” She sighed, and he gave a small smile as the anger faded from her face along with her breath. Still, he could see that she was still annoyed in her eyes, but she also offered a small smile to him.

“I know a place I used to go when I had a cloudy mind. I’ll show you.” She moved along while he followed, hand in hand.

--

The place they arrived at was nothing Taemin had expected it to be. It was merely an open field. Even in this weather, the grass was green, while a few isolated trees were placed around. There was a small pond a bit away, but Min Ah had warned him about the snakes near it. He nodded and sat in the grass taking in the view. It wasn’t far from Seoul, but at the same time, Seoul was nowhere to be seen. Just more fields. From the corner of his eye, he could see Min Ah smiling at the view beside him as well.  As he turned to her, it was the moment she caught a familiar look again. It seemed as if he’d seen her before, met her and spoke to her, but he was almost positive he hadn’t. He blinked, only to see images of Park Kim Moon the day he’d met her. He blinked once more only to see Min Ah staring back at him in confusion. He shook his head.

“Ah…sorry. I spaced out.” She shook her head giving a small laugh, and laced her hands behind her back.

“That’s fine, but you don’t feel angry or frustrated do you?” Taemin nodded, staring at the view again. “That’s what I like about this place. It calms people.” She muttered and sat down in the grass. As Taemin stared at her again, he realized how beautiful she really was. Though Park Kim Moon wore a substantial amount of make-up, she wore none, and still looked pretty. Her skin was clear of any imperfections and though her hair was a bit short, it still held a healthy shine. He smiled.

“Noona nomu yeppeo~” She smiled for a second before giving him a playful punch on the arm.

“I’m not older!” He grinned.

“You’re still a noona though.” She blushed and shook her head, standing up. Silence engulfed the two as she stared at the sky then frowned down at him. Taemin didn’t know what was going on, but she turned around.

“I really hope you figure things out soon…” She murmured before walking away. Confused, he merely sat there, staring at her retreating form. What did he need to figure out?