Not Possible.

Electric Heart

 

 Taemin found himself staring at Min Ah's door for the longest time unsure of whether to answer it or not. It had been so long since they’d had a serious one-on-one encounter since he’d found Kim Moon. She’d taken up most of his time of the day, and he had avoided Min Ah and Minho for the longest time, practically cursing their friendship as he did. Still, he couldn't’t keep her waiting forever, and what Minho had said…he didn't’t even understand. Ultimately, he was confused a afraid to even place a finger on the door bell, let alone the door knob, but he wasn’t going to lose to his hyung. He didn’t want to.

So he did it.

He knocked.

He knocked the three most terrifying knocks he’d ever knocked.

And it was only moments before she stood in front of him.

Taemin was amazed. Though he hadn’t seen her in a while, it was as if she’d gotten a total makeover naturally. He skin was practically glowing as she gave him a soft smile. Her face had gotten arguably smaller, emphasizing her v-line. Her hair seemed to shine even in the dim lighting of her home. It just seemed as if everything about her had improved, and it made Taemin wonder.

‘Did hyung cause all of this?’ He asked himself. What if he were the one to change her like this. He would’ve been proud of himself.

“Yah. Babo! Are you just going to stand there or actually come inside?” He shook his head and reformed the smile on his face, stepping inside her home. This was actually the first time he’d ever been inside her home. As he’d expected, everything was neat and nicely laid. The kitchen table was filled with all sorts of snacks and drinks for them both. Sitting underneath the table was a small puppy which he’d assumed was Joo. He half wanted to send a glare toward the animal. The dog had stolen her from him so many times. Still, he was too cute to even wish harsh things upon. Awkwardly, he turned toward Min Ah who had walked over to the microwave to microwave some popcorn.

“This is the first time I’ve been here. It’s so…” She raised a confused eyebrow.

“So…?”

“I don’t know. Welcoming.” She didn’t hesitate to flash her white teeth at him followed by an embarrassed shrug.

“I didn’t want it to be weird. The worst ting is to walk into the home of a friend and not feel comfortable. Now, I’m not saying you can grab anything in my fridge either. Food is my best friend. Remember that rule. Otherwise, you’ll be fine.” She smiled and continued her job, removing the popcorn from the bag and placing it in a large bowl after pushing another bag into the microwave. Taemin  watched her carefully, unsure if he should ask her, but in all honesty he wanted to know. It would be rude of him to ask, he knew it the moment the question came into mind, but he wasn’t sure which would win—restraint or curiousity?

“How many times has hyung been here?” Curiosity. She froze stiffly, unsure of what to do in a situation like this. She really hadn’t expected that question, but with her and Minho getting close lately—almost as close as they used to be—she should have known he’d ask. Event he tv in the background seemed to quiet on its own as they stood there in her dimly lit kitchen in silence. Taemin waiting for an answer, Moon unsure if an answer was what he needed to hear.

Beep. Beep. Beep.

She flinched at the sound of the microwave. It had only been two minutes and some seconds? It felt as if they’d stood there together for eternity. She smiled weakly and repeated the routine she’d done with the previous bag of popcorn.

“Ah..come on. Let’s watch some tv. Like I said we would.” She turned to head toward her living room but was stopped. She cut her eyes toward his grasp on her wrist, silently wishing that he’d just let that thought float away. She didn’t want to answer him… She didn’t want to tell him about her previous relationship with Minho. Previously failed that is. She didn’t want to tell him how everything happened. She was afraid. If she did tell, he’d assume the same thing as Minho—she was out to get all of them, and honest to goodness she wasn’t. She was just a confused girl at first, and now she wasn’t. She just wanted to forget that she and Minho had ever happened. She didn’t want doubt from Taemin. She didn’t want any more than she’d receive after he would see that commercial.

She frowned and lightly tugged on his hold, but he merely tightened his hand around hers.

“Please…I just want to know…What is—or was he to you?” He pleaded.

She stood there unable to say anything. At this moment she was unable to fix their relationship or damage it any further. She was simply unable. They stood there again for some time before he roughly let go of her and chuckled bitterly.

“Right. I’m going.” Her eyes widened and she spun around in attempt to grasp him but it was no use. The last thing she saw was the back of his head as the door slammed behind him. She was alone again. She was alone again as usual. Sighing she leaned against the counter with her head in her hands. She smiled heartlessly at the food around her. Maybe it was a good thing she’d made and bought it all. She’d need comfort tonight anyway.

 


 

 

Taemin kept a steady glare in the taxi cab, unable to even think straight even more. He’d known something weird had gone on between Min Ah and Minho but he’d always pushed it to the back of his mind, his only way of assuring himself that nothing was there, but his curiosity had gotten he better of him. The silence had injured him moer than anything. She couldn’t even lie. He wouldn’t have cared. He just wanted to be assured that Minho and Min Ah had never happened, but instead he was only confirmed that something did happen, and neither Min Ah or his hyung wanted to speak about it.

Stuck in his thoughts, the twenty minute drive back to their dorms only seemed to pass as ten. He paid the driver and stepped out, quickly shuffling into the apartment. He could hear his hyung laughing on the other end of the door, while a familiar variety echoed behind him. He stood there for a good two minutes simply glaring at the door and the door knob. When Minho’s laughing died down, he heard a cosmetic commercial begin. Sighing, he threw open the door and shook his head at his hyung who seemed to not even notice that he’d walked in because he was so fixated with the tv. Taemin rolled his eyes and placed another smile on his face as he walked over.

“Yah, hyung, what’s so interesting on—“

“In the club,” He saw a cut of a girl about Min Ah’s height dancing with her backed turned surrounded by a group of people.

“On the beach,” He saw what he assumed was the same model again lying under an umbrella with a magazine over her face.

“At the gym,” The same model was featured running on a treadmill with a bottle of water up to her face.

“THEFACESHOP. Natural products bury deep into your skin, prevent a fake appearance. Formed by completely natural ingredients with no animal testing, this is the perfect solution to loose make up that smudges or smears off from sweat.” Taemin widened his eyes at the next scene. It cut to the model he’d seen earlier without any make up, but..he couldn’t help but notice. She was exactly  identical to Min Ah—every last detail of the model seemed to be the same on Min Ah. Then he stared as there was a fast forwarded scene of her applying makeup to her face. He nearly died of shock. He walked closer to the television, forgetting that Minho was even in the room, and blinked in confusion at the scene hoping he was dreaming. The model now looked exactly like Park Kim Moon. She was even dressed in the same clothes as when he’d first met her that night.

“I used THEFACESHOP products, and now my make up can endure anything.” It cut to the same club scene. He stared at the right bottom corner where they listen model names: Han Hyo Joo, Geu Yeon Min, and Park Kim Moon.

Then the commercial went off, going back to the variety show,m but before he could even catch the show’s name his hyung had turned the television off.

“Taemin?” He called. Taemin stared at the now blank television in confusion and disapproval.

“Hyung… What…what’s going on?” Minho sighed, and shifted his eyes.

“Min Ah…she’s the real Park Kim Moon you’d met that night after our concert. The girl you’re seeing now… I have no idea who she is. Min Ah was going to tell you that day you met in the café…until you told her you’d found Park Kim Moon. She asked me for help as she continued to hide her identity from you. She went and shot that commercial just for you…What ha—“ Minho was cut off as his dongsaeng rose to his feet, unbelieving.

“W-what? It can’t…I’m going to see Min Ah.”

“Taemin, wait—“

The apartment door slammed shut.

“Aish this kid..”


LOL you guys didn't htink I'd update, did ya? ;D