Friends or more?

Electric Heart

 

Moon walked into the restaurant close behind Taemin. For as long as she'd lived in Seoul, she had never heard nor been to the restaurant, and honestly, she didn't want to. The people dining were obviously way upper class with large leisure amounts of won to spend on a simple meal. The lights were dramatically dimmed for a silent environment, and the light hum of chatter was a bit odd. She felt so out of place walking around in normal clothing while women wore dresses and men suits. She frowned. Definately out of place. Every now and then, her eyes would catch a bright light from under a table or so. Apparently cell phones were kept not on vibrate, but complete silence so not to disturb the atmostphere. Even the waiters were dressed in ravishing apparel with uniforms that had to have cost a fortune. The farther Moon walked through the public dining center, the more unwelcome she began to feel as eyes dropped on her. She took the time to avert her eyes to Taemin, and she didn't feel so bad anymore. He, too, wore casual clothing, nothing fancy, and almost tacky. The thought brought a smile. He preferred comfort over appearance apparently. 
 
They were directed into an elevator, brightening her curiousity. It was hidden by a door, so definately a V.I.P area. The metal door automatically sealed shut behind her giving her the odd feeling of insercurity. What if the lock jammed and a fire happened? She wasn't looking forward to jumping out of a window. Still, she stood quietly by Taemin who tinked with the buttons then pressing 6. This building had six floors?! She gaped mentally, not wanting to look surprised on the outside. The building looked as if it barely had three. No wonder she never came to places like this. The whole demeanor was unnecessarily uncomfortable.
 
"Neh, I never caught your name earlier." She blushed and wanted to bonk herself on the head. How rude of her was it to accept a dining iwth her favorite idol and not even give her name. When she got home, she would practice her manners until she couldn't act any tackier. Still there were more important things at hand. She didn't want him to find her as Park Kim Moon just yet. That would be deadly awkward. She frowned. What was the use? After spending her time at each and every concert, when they'd met he couldn't recognize her in the least. For now, she would be Min Ah.
 
"Ah~ Sorry, oppa. I was a bit excited. Call me Min Ah."  He grinned and gave a goofy bow, swinging his hat along with his arm.
 
"I'm sure you already know me, but you may call mee The Amazing Taemin." She chuckled and quirked an eyebrow. Really now? 'Definately a bit cocky,' She thought, referring to her previous assumption. However, before she could say anything more, the  elevator door opened, and she quickly dropped behind him not sure what she'd see or who she'd embarrass herself in front of.
 
"Ahhhh! Hyung is here~" She didn't recognize the unfamiliar voice, but was completely positive it wasn't any of the SHINee. members, she knew every single voice by heart. She also knew the DBSK members and Super Junior members, so they were out of the picture as well. Moon hid her hands behind her back crossing her fingers tightly in anticipation. It couldn't be...but she didn't doubt it...it had to be... Excited as a little girl, she still remained behind Taemin waiting for him to introduce her before stepping out from behind him. She wasn't really sure she felt comfortable having to sit by any of the other people though. If she was seated anywhere away from Taemin, she might as well begin digging her grave because from then on, nothing would be able to stop her from making a scene, not even herself.
 
"Annyeounghaseyo! Eh? Why do you all look so curious?" Moon couldn't see his face, but she was pretty sure Taemin was eye everyone in the room. During this moment, she was desperately trying to count as many feet and legs as she could see from behind her savior. So far, she found 8 pairs, but there were so many she had to recount a few times.
 
"Because, hyung, you have four legs..." She froze striaghtening her posture and stared at the floor. However, if she had kept her eyes up, she would have been able to see Taemin's had which reached around behind him to sheepishly scratch his head at the awkward statement, but soon, she found herself leaning over to the side, holding her nose and covering her face with her hands. He didn't look the part, but Taemin had some strength even if he didn't know.
 
"Omo!! Sorry sorry!! I didn't mean to hit you!! I swear!"
 
"Owa!! Hyung's abusive! But...who is that? I've never seen her before!" The unfamiliar voice pondered, and she could feel eyes on her. Unsure whether to turn around or not,s he continued rubbing her nose to make it feel a bit better.
 
"Lu han, how would you know? You haven't even seen her face!" Again, she froze forgetting she was ever attacked in the first place. Lu han?! As in... she gulped... EXO?! There was no mistake, not even their debut and they already thought she was a crazy idiot. She pouted in defeat. What luck. Then again, she couldn't complain. She was meeting her favorite idol and more upcoming idols! If this had been a dream, oh she'd be angry when she woke up later. Maybe she had actually fallen and hit her head when Taelim chased her, and her body was being carried to Tae Min this instant with scars and bruises. She needed to wake up~ instead of rubbing her nose, she began pinching her nose, lips, cheeks, anything hoping to wake up, but to no avail. She was in front of the EXO members and she looked like a tacky no one. 'Good job, Moon. No points for you.' Sighing, she put on a smile and stood straight, giving a small wave.
 
"Annyeonghaseyo. You can all call me Min Ah." She said softly, trying to ignore the blow to her nose, and making a 90 degree bow.
 
"Wahh, Taemin-hyung, she's kind of cute! Where did you find her?" She shifted her attention to Taemin wondering if her was actually going to tell the whole story. Instead, she simply stood in awe, watching him grin that perfect grin, and wave away the question professionally, and take a seat. He slouched, notifying he was comfortable and gave the ultimate smirk. Moon nearly fainted. If she weren't here, she would be on herr floor screaming of the cuteness hugging Joo and pretending his was Taemin. Like it would have mattered, the drama king practically bathed in the attention she gave him. When she tried to ignore him, he'd jump onto her lap, and the puppy eye thing would work like a charm. She exchanged glances with Taemin who gestured for her to sit next to him in a friendly manner--like he'd known her for months. She smiled and quietly thanked him before sitting awkwardly. If everyone hadn't been staring at her, she would have been trying to count the EXO members to confirm the belief that there were twelve members, then she would have tried to pick out which members were in EXO-K or EXO-M.
 
"You see, she was standing waiting for a gorgeous man to save her. She looked so sad  and lonely, like she had just gotten out of a bad relationship and she needed a guy to help--" She interrupted without thought.
 
"Oppa, you make it sound like I'm a loser." The entire room burst into laughter, and hse watched Taemin whose face cutely switched to a bright red and he hung his head in defeat, admitting that his story wasn't going to go anywhere in the first place. She merely giggled and returned to counting the EXO members. At the end of the table she found Minho staring at her with a 'You're kidding me.' face. She caught his eye and looked away trying to pretend she had never seen him in the first place. It continued like that the rest of the time at the restaurant with Taemin trying to tell a different stoyr of their meeting everytime he was asked only to be insulted by another member. Moon found herself fitting in quite well, slowly losing the awkward atmosphere, though she found that at times Minho would be staring her down with slightly scary expression, but she didn't think Taemin needed to know. 
 
--
 
Finally, the outing was officially over when everyone decided to go home, leaving Taemin with himself and Min Ah. He was genuinely proud of himself. Min Ah had smiled the whole time not letting her attention drag on one member for too long before returning to himself. He found that face empowering. He could tell by the way she acted that he was her favorite, though he found he was having close competition with Lu Han and Se Hun with them being their usual funny selves. She had even begun to call everyone oppa as well, which brightened his day...sort of, it kind made him a set back, really. Still, it didn't take long for her to return to conversating with himself bringing him back as the hero of the night. Yet out of hte corner of his eye, he'd caught Minho giving her rather odd looks, and it made him wonder. His hyung never acted like that around other people, even girls he flirted with. Taemin refused to breach the subject though knowing Minho would simply avoid the question with something else. Sighing, he  cut in front of Min Ah, doing another bow, and standing straight up. He smiled at her.
 
"Thanks for accepting the invite." She returned the smile making Taemin grin a bit more. He'd seen many beautiful smiles in his life. Surrounded by models and other idols, it would be a difficult task for him to choose a favorite though oddly easy to say they were all beautiful, but when she'd grinned at him, he found himself adjusting to the small movement very well. Her lips stretched wider, pushing in a dimple on the left side of her face in a cutely placed spot. He noticed that her eyes squinted lightly and he could still the beautiful color behind her lashes. Her shoulders even raised a bit to complete the whole picture. Taemin stood there in awe. Were all people like this? He wondered if this was normal for everyday people who didn't have things such as concerts to rehearse or dance practices to attend. Sometimes, he found himself looking at the regular people simply wanting to live a life like theirs. Sure, he'd have to go through their own struggle, but he thought it'd be interesting to live a life where his character wasn't portrayed by his appearance on camera or the things he said on radio stations, or the way he performed his fans. Simple. He liked that.
 
"Anytime, oppa. I had a really fun time. To be honest, I've never been out with friends like that." Taemin stared at her like a deer in headlights.
 
"Eh?! Really??" She chuckled at his immature behavior, but nodded looking away from him and up at the sky.
 
"Really."
 
"Why?" Min Ah shuffled uncomfortably and looked around, before continuing her conversation. Her voice grew quiet and he watched her intensely.
 
"I don't know. People aren't really my expertise." He rolled his eyes.
 
"You acted like a pro."
 
"It was natural." He shook him head in disbelief before pointing and wiggling an accusing finger at her.
 
"Try it more. It's fun."
 
"I see that." Taemin twitched at her sly retort before shaking it off and playfully pushing her. She laughed, but did the same until they were full on pushing each other in the middle of the street. He grinned and chuckled when he realized that she had to use both hands and her body to push him back, while it only took an arm for him. She weighed little though she evened it out nicely. Just as he was going to push her again a song began to play.
 
 
"Waenji deultteo today, waenji tteollyeo today, 
Joheun iri ireonal geogata, oh--"
 
Before the song he knew so well could continue on, a phone came out of nowhere and was flipped open on Min Ah's ears. She gave a cute hello, before listening intently, then her eyes widened drastically before momentarily shutting the phone. Her expression grew a bit panicked before stopping on him. She gave a 90 degree bow. he noticed her smile had faded into worry.
 
"Wae? What's wrong?" She sighed nervously holding onto the hem of her jacket and trying to talk while attempting to take a taxi all at the same time.
 
"Well...I have a puppy name Joo, and he has anxiety issues. He's also not used to me not being home for more than days a week. This is a weekend so he probably expected me to be home, but so did I. When he has these anxiety attacks, he tends to bark and scratch things nonstop. My landlady told me that if I couldn't keep him under control she'd be forced to move us out or I'd have to give up my Joo. I can't do that. Sorry, oppa, I really have to go!" Just as a cab pulled over he rested a hand on her shoulder and looked away awkwardly. She frowned staring at him, and he nearly felt so bad for wasting her time.
 
"Ahhhh....can I...get your number?" All traces of issues left her face as she stared at him. her lips parted into a cute 'o', and she pulled out a pen quickly scribbling a number down, placing it in his hand. As their skin brushed, she turned a light pink before  closing the cab door and rolling down the windows.
 
"Text with your name, so I know who it is!" The taxi began to move gaining speed. He watched as she stuck her head out of the window, ignoring the fact that her hair would be destroy by the wind. "OH, AND GOOD LUCK ON YOUR SEARCH OPPA!! I HOPE YOU FIND PARK KIM MOON!!" They turned a corner and she was gone. Taemin stood there a bit shocked that she even knew he had a search out for that girl. He stared at an empty space where the vehicle had been before smiling to himself.
 
"I kind of hope that I don't find her..." He muttered happily, before dialing one of his hyungs to pick him up.
 
 
---------------------------------------------------------------------
 
 
Thank you subbers!! and Commenters!! <3333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333
 
i know, I'm taking the story, kind of slow. ;P But down worry, for the next chapter you'll get a bit more info from Minho's weirdness as well as Joo's "anxiety attacks" hinthint. [:  then the chapter after that, things will begin to get exciting, then the chapter after that expect the chaos to begin. >:D