Enough!

Still in Love

Jaejoong pulled up to his apartment building. He felt exhausted more than ever. He looked at the building and didn’t want to go in. He recalled what had just happened with Yunho. It’s been on his mind since he left.

 

He ran his hands through his hair. He felt his chest swell with a deep sadness. He took a deep breath but it came out in a weak sob.

 

“He deserves more than me and better than me. Let him go. Just let him go.” His voice broke and he covered his mouth to silence the sobs.

 

He blinked away the tears and swallowed the sobs. He took a few more breaths before checking his reflection in the mirror. His eyes were red and irritated. He wiped away the tears that had fell. He tried to make himself more presentable before leaving the car.

 

He entered the building and went for the elevator. He tried to put on his best fake smile. The elevator dinged for the right floor and the doors opened. He took a breath and left.

 

Once he opened the door to his apartment he smelled food. He found Yihan there with a table full of food.

 

“It’s getting late. Where were you?” Yihan asked.

 

“I had a few things I needed to finish.” Jaejoong smiled at his fiance.

 

“Really?” Yihan went to him and kissed him on the cheek. “Go put your stuff in the bedroom. Dinner is waiting.”

 

Jaejoong nodded and went to the bedroom. He dropped his stuff at the door but something caught his eye on the bed. It was a folded piece of paper that was lying on his pillow. He picked it up and opened it to see an old picture looking back at him. It was a picture he had hidden away many years ago but what is it doing on his bed.

 

He heard the door squeak. “So tell me again where you were. I went to the bakery to surprise you but found Changmin closing it. I looked inside but you weren’t there. I saw your car there. Two hours you were gone. No delivery takes that long. That was suspicious” Yihan stepped further into the bedroom and Jaejoong recognized that rage hidden in his eyes. “Something about this Yunho guy bugged me so a few days ago I had my assistant do a little research. They sent that old newspaper article to me.” He shook his head. “Business partners? Is that what you call a marriage?!”

 

Jaejoong looked to him and then to the paper in his hand. It was a copy of a newspaper that announced his marriage to Yunho along with a photo of them together.

 

“He was a business partner. That was an arranged marriage to save my father’s company. It was nothing more.” Jaejoong threw the paper to the side.

 

“Really than why lie about it? We were together for four years and not once did you mention it!” Yihan’s voice grew louder. “Were you with him?”

 

Jaejoong looked away. He was cornered and wasn’t sure what to say to him.

 

“Were you ing him?!” Yihan stepped closer. “Is that what you were going to do at that party? Is that why you didn’t tell me you were going?” He pulled Jaejoong to him. His grip was tight on his arms. “Did I ruin your plans?”

 

“No!” Jaejoong tried to pull away but Yihan held him tighter. “He invited you too but did you forget you decided to take your anger out on me the night before. Why should I invite you?”

 

“You ed him. I know it! Why should I trust you? You are nothing more than a .” Yihan let him go only to hit him with his fist.

 

The force of the hit was so strong that Jaejoong tumbled across their bed and fell onto the floor on the opposite side. He didn’t have time to recover before he was being pulled onto the bed. He fought against Yihan but it was useless. Soon he was under his fiance and the look in his eyes was dangerous. Jaejoong feared what might happen next.

 

They wrestled for a bit before Jaejoong was able to push Yihan away. Yihan staggered backwards before Jaejoong stood from the bed.

 

“Enough!” Jaejoong stepped closer to Yihan. “I won’t allow you to hurt me anymore!” He swung his fists at Yihan but unfortunately he was blocked.

 

Instead Yihan grabbed his wrists and threw him onto the bed. Before he could get back up, Yihan was already on top of him. Jaejoong struggled to get out from under him but it was useless. Yihan was obviously stronger. Soon his arms were pinned to his sides.

 

Yihan wouldn’t. He wouldn’t dare do this to him. He was a bad person but he can’t be a monster too.

 

“You can be a for him than you can be a for me.” Yihan pinned his arms down and used his knees to spread his legs.

 

“Yihan no!” Jaejoong begin sobbing and fearing the worst. “Please don’t.” The tears fell and his vision blurred. Changmin’s words started to echo in his mind.

 

Fight back!

 

Jaejoong struggled against Yihan as he started to pull and tear at his clothes. Jaejoong’s arm was free and he reached for anything. He felt the alarm clock on the bedside table. He grabbed it and swung it at Yihan.

 

“Argh!” Yihan fell to the side and Jaejoong got up quickly.

 

“I am not a to him or to you. I will not allow you to hurt me anymore! I did not him. I have only been ing you but no more!” With that alarm clock still in hand he threw it at Yihan as he tried to get up before grabbing the things he left at the door and running out of the apartment.

 

He ran towards the staircase because he dare not take the elevator. He ran down the steps and nearly fell a few times but recovered quickly. Soon he was at the bottom of the steps. He looked to see that Yihan was not behind him before he left the building.

 

He still had the keys to his car in his pocket. He immediately drove away in a random direction. He wasn’t sure where he should go or what to do. His face was still stinging from Yihan’s punch. He pulled the car over and looked into the mirror. He could see it already start to bruise. He didn’t want to cry not then or there.

 

Jaejoong put the car back in drive and drove to the one place he could feel safe at. Within minutes he parked his car behind the bakery before he entered the building. It was completely dark except for the lights that came in from the window. He wandered to the counter and sat down behind it. He hid in the dark.

 

He felt numb except for his face. It felt hot especially where he was hit. He looked to his torn clothes. It could have been a lot worse. Would Yihan really have forced himself on him? Jaejoong didn’t want to think about it.

 

His chest tightened with sad sobs but he refused to let them fall. Instead he pulled his knees to his chest and wrapped his arms around his legs. Sitting like that eased the pain of holding back the sobs. He remained like that until he eventually fell asleep.

 

Hours later He awoke to the sound of banging. It was the back door. It was almost time to open. He had curled up on the floor sometime that night. He stood up and seen Kyuhyun but he immediately turned away.

 

“Good Morning Hyung! You’re here early.” Kyuhyun’s voice was cheerful as he walked further to the back.

 

Jaejoong kept his back to the door. Then he heard footsteps.

 

“Hyung?” It was Changmin’s voice. “I saw your car but I thought you would be in later.”

 

Jaejoong hesitantly turned around and looked to Changmin. Changmin took a step back at the sight of him.

 

“What happened?” Changmin reached for the bruise on the other’s face.

 

Jaejoong turned away. “I..” He felt all his barriers begin to collapse.

 

“Shh. Wait here. I’ll send Kyuhyun for coffee.” Changmin left and went towards the back of the building.

 

Jaejoong left for the bathroom. He wanted to see his face. However once in the bathroom he couldn’t bring himself to look into the mirror. Before he could glance into the mirror there was a knock at the door.

 

He opened it and Changmin stood there.

 

“So tell me what was it this time? Did he have a bad day at work or what?” Changmin asked while he leaned against the door frame.

 

Jaejoong finally glanced in the mirror and seen that the side of his face was bruised and was a little swollen. He could see the tiredness in his eyes. He gripped the sides of the sink and shook his head.

 

Jaejoong confessed everything because it was too much for him to keep to himself. He watched Changmin’s face turn from concern to anger.

 

“I will kill that bastard!” Changmin turned and went for the door.

 

“No!” Jaejoong stopped him. “I did what you said I should do and I fought back. I don’t want anymore fighting. I am done with it. Changmin, I am done with him. This time I mean it.” He shook his head. “I am exhausted. My body is beaten. Please let’s just stop this.”

 

Changmin closed his eyes and sighed. “Take my keys and go rest at my apartment. Kyuhyun moved out and moved in with his girlfriend. You can use his old room. Kyuhyun and I will take care of the bakery today. You should go before he sees you.” He handed the keys to Jaejoong. “We’ll figure out what to do next but for now stay away from him.”

 

Jaejoong took the keys and nodded before leaving. Changmin’s apartment was not far from bakery. He has been there before and knew how to get there. Once he got to Changmin’s apartment he found the spare bedroom but didn’t feel like sleep on the bed with the events of the night before still replaying on his mind.

 

Instead he went to the sofa. He sat upon the plush surface. His body hurt and ache all over. He felt at his face and could feel how swollen it was. He groaned.

 

Changmin must have ice here. Jaejoong looked towards the kitchen but didn’t have the energy to get up. He looked to the sofa he sat on and soon laid upon it. He pulled his knees close to his chest and closed his eyes. He will get the ice in a bit.