I love him

Still in Love

Jaejoong went to the bakery early like he said he would be. He was working on some of the orders but it wasn’t long before Changmin showed up. He went immediately to Jaejoong.

 

“I thought you weren’t going to be here until later.” Jaejoong pulled some cakes out of the fridge.

 

“I had to come early because you left me with a huge cliff hanger last night and you didn’t answer any of my questions. So this Yunho guy is your ex-husband?” Changmin helped Jaejoong with the cakes.

 

“It was a long time ago and we ended on a bad note.” Jaejoong didn’t even look up from what he was doing.

 

“Well you two seemed to be on a friendlier note or were you trying to sing a love song?” Changmin hinted at something more.

 

“Changmin! I am marrying Yihan. What you saw last night was just two people with a bad history being friendly. That is all.” Jaejoong looked up. “I don’t need Yunho in my life again. Of all the single eligible and rich bachelors Bo Kyung could have found, she had to find him.” He left to get the icing and Changmin followed him.

 

“I want details.” Changmin pouted.

 

“Details?” Jaejoong rolled his eyes. “Fine, I cheated on him and ended our marriage. That enough details?” Jaejoong grabbed the icing and went back to his cakes.

 

“No that is not enough. How long were you married?” Changmin followed him back.

 

Jaejoong sighed and regretted telling Changmin about the marriage. He began to frost the cakes and changmin helped him. His thoughts went back to that time as they have been since Yunho came back. He couldn’t handle the emotions that came back to him. He stopped icing the cakes and went to sit on the stool. Maybe he needed to get this off his chest. It was far too much for him to keep on his own.

 

“Fine.” He took a breath. “We were married for almost three years. It was an arranged marriage.” He took a breath.

 

“An arranged marriage?” Changmin looked confused.

 

“My father’s company was falling into debt and an arranged marriage was the only way we could get out of debt. I thought my father was going to marry me to a woman so I opposed the idea. I threatened to run away if he forced me to marry a woman but to my surprise he chose Yunho for me. I thought he finally accepted me and so I went along with the marriage but it was a marriage to a straight man. Still I stayed in the marriage for my father’s sake. I wanted to be a good son and so I wore the suit and tie. I went to work for him but in the end I found out I was only a piece of property to him. My marriage was only supposed to last for five years. Yunho knew about it and I didn’t.” Suddenly dormant feelings that Jaejoong suppressed for these many years started to awaken like a beast and press on him.

 

“Jaejoong?” Changmin looked over his friend worried.

 

“I fell in love with him and he hid that from me. We lied to each other and ruined our marriage. He was straight. I should have known. Still I loved him. I didn’t want to let go of our marriage but he asked for a divorce.” His chest seemed to tighten with the awakened feelings. He felt a lump at his throat. He cleared his throat in an attempt to fight the lump in his throat.

 

He really shouldn’t be thinking of Yunho especially now. He had Yihan and his upcoming marriage. Yunho should’ve stayed in the past.  

 

“I’m sorry.” Changmin went to his friend and pulled him to his feet and into an embrace. The tight embrace seemed to pull him back together and keep him from falling apart..

 

Jaejoong soon pulled away. A silence filled the space and Changmin went back to frosting the cakes. He didn’t ask anymore and instead became immersed in his task.

 

Jaejoong left to prepare for opening.

 

The business day went smoothly. It wasn’t as busy because it was a sunday but it was a distraction. Jaejoong pushed the sad feeling down and put on a smile as he helped customers.

 

When the day was done he felt exhausted more than before. He just wanted to lie down. His mind jumped from thought to thought as he tried not to think of Yunho. He tried to focus on his upcoming wedding but Yunho still found a way into his mind.

 

“So do you want get back together with him?” Changmin interrupted his thoughts.  

 

Jaejoong brushed those thoughts away. “No, I love Yihan. I am going to marry Yihan.”

 

“Then what was last night for? Why did he invite you and why did you go?” He questioned him.

 

Jaejoong sighed. “I wasn’t going to go.” He remembered the bruises on his wrists that Changmin hasn’t seen yet or doesn’t need to see. “I was bored. Yihan was working late. So I thought it would be good to get out of the house.”

 

“Do you still love him?” Changmin stepped closer to Jaejoong.

 

Jaejoong opened his mouth to answer but nothing came out.

 

“Do you think he still loves you?” He inquired.

 

Jaejoong didn’t even want to think of that idea. “He is with Bo Kyung.”

 

Changmin gave him a knowing look. “How long has she ever kept a lover and why wasn’t she there?”

 

He knew Changmin was right about Bo Kyung but Yunho is an honorable man. He wouldn’t dare cheat. “Bo Kyung is in Japan.” He looked up to his friend. “Just because he and I share a bad history, are we supposed to act horrible to one another?”  

 

“I suppose not but still. He has come back into your life.” Changmin leaned against the counter.

 

“He hasn’t come back into my life. He is in her life and that may be short lived. Who knows she probably set her sights on someone else by now. Soon he will probably be gone. Besides he is too good for an affair. He wouldn’t cheat. So if he does feel anything for me he won’t act on it because he is with her.” Jaejoong looked to Changmin. “I know you oppose of my marriage but I really do love Yihan and I believe he is the one for me. He is working on his anger. Should I just abandon him that easily? He is going to be my husband and unlike my previous marriage I will honor my vows to stay true to him.”

 

Changmin sighed. “Fine but do me one favor. Next time fight back. No one deserves to be a punching bag especially to someone they love. I got to go.” He turned away from Jaejoong. “I’ll see you tomorrow.” He waved as he left.

 

Jaejoong watched as he left. Everything was finished for the day and he was tired. He just wanted to get home.

 

As he arrived home he found Yihan lounging around on the couch and watching a drama. He looked to him.

 

“There you are. I didn’t see you all day. Come.” He patted the spot next to him. “I ordered take-out. It should be here in a few minutes.”

 

This is the Yihan he loves. He went to him and sat next to him. Before long Yihan put his arm around him and pulled him close. Jaejoong smiled and rested his head on his shoulder.