Chp 8 Released

Forbidden

            She looked at him without flinching, but her heart kept beating. Their faces inches away from each other.

            “What did you hear?” he asked.

            “Does it matter what I heard or not?” she sighs and takes a step back, “I had my suspensions and I was right.”

            “So, what you are saying is that you know but you aren’t afraid?”

            “I admit I was confused at first but how are we so different?” he leaned forward close to her ear and whispers.

            “I can kill you” he stands straight up with a smirk. She didn’t back down.

            “I can easily do the same.” She smirks back, “I may look and seem weak but Jungkook-ssi don’t underestimate me. I wasn’t born yesterday.”

            “Be careful now Hyeri-ssi, vampires like me don’t tolerate being talked down to, too much.”

            “I guess you’ll have to just get used to it.” she sighs, “Since you’ve been around so long you know that you and that witch can’t be together.”

            “That is pretty sad. I guess I must find someone else to be with.” He smirks at her.

            “In your dreams.” She walks away

            “Who said I was talking about you?” he catches up to her “You know there are many fishes in the sea.”

            “I was just letting you know that I’ll never take the bait.”

            She walks away with her heart literally beating out of her chest and her face as red as a tomato. He smirks and walks away.

 

           

Minah walks sat in her office getting some paperwork done. She suddenly hears the doorbell rings. She walks to open the door and no one’s there. She closes the door and walks away when she hears the doorbell again. She goes and opens the door, and no one is there. She closes the door again and walks away to the kitchen to make coffee, this time she hears a huge knock on the door. She rushes to the door and opens it. Sitting on the door step was a cardboard box. She looks out the door to make sure nobody was there. She slowly picks up the box and brings it to the kitchen table. She opens the box and yelps. Inside was a dead animal with a note next to it. She slowly picks up the bloody note and reads it.

You can’t hide the child forever.

She quickly throws both items into the trash. She walks to her office and takes out a box, being cautious of her surrounding, she takes the box out of the building.

 

 

Hyeri walks around with Yuri talking to people. Many people were still astonished by her beauty and surprised she had never shown up to any of the other events.

“Go Hyeri-ssi.” She looks and saw Mr. Kim walking her way with two of his men right behind him.

“Hello Mr. Kim.” She bows

“Do you have a minute?”

“Sure.”

“I’ve been told that you are an orphan, is that right?”

“Ne.”

“Have you ever tried looking for your parents?”

“If I have the resources, but I don’t. I was also told that I was left by the door of the orphanage. So, there are really no trace or evidence of my parents. But I am fine by that.” Mr. Kim nods his head.

“Ms. Go, have anyone ever told you that you are special?” she was a little confused. Yuri tries to listen to the conversation, “When I saw you Ms. Go, I knew there was something different about you, but you don’t know that yet. You have yet to unlock this special gift of yours.”

“Thank you for that compliment, but I don’t understand what you are saying.”

“Time will come, when you learned to understand what it is I am saying. You have a safe night.” He walks away, “Keep an eye on that girl.” He says to one of his men.

 

            Jungkook sat in his room after the party. The moonlight glowed through the window and lit up his room. He sighs, as flashes of Hyeri at the party went through his mind. He felt the blood rush through his veins and the sweat from his brow.

            “Why am I thinking about someone like her?”

            Luna walks into the room as her human form. She sits on the bed next to Jungkook smiles as she observes his facial expression.

            “Is something bothering you?” she asks

            “Nothing is bothering me.” He stands up and paces around the room

            “Oh really.” She smiles, “I can hear the beating of your heart and the rushing of your blood. I think there is someone special.”

            “You know I don’t believe in that stuff.”

            “Is it because of your mother?” he stayed quiet, “That shouldn’t stop you.”

            “Luna, how much information do you have on Hyeri?” he changes the subjects

            “Nothing much. She is actually very difficult to read, but she gives off a different energy that I have never sense before, it is almost as if she has a barrier around her. It is actually quite strong when she becomes emotional.” Luna sighs, “Hyeri isn’t bad you just got to stop being a jerk.”

            “Me? A jerk?” he laughs,

            “You ever wonder why we became ‘friends only’?” he thought about, “There was reason why I choose him over you. The room was extremely silent as if every living thing was waiting for this moment, “It not that I wanted to purposely hurt you, but when you were with me, you never wanted to admit to your wrong doing. You always play the victim, so I went along with it and broke up with you and made myself the bad guy.” Luna walks to the door, “You want her to feel your pain of when I broke up with you, but the difference is she is much stronger than you were.”

            “Luna,” she stops in her tracks, “Mianhae…for everything.”

 

­­­­­

            Hyeri hangs up the dress in the closet and goes to her bed. She sat down on her bed and felt something hard. She pulls the blanket and sees a book and a note on it. The front cover was the symbol that was on her necklace.

Keep this book with you and never lose it, nor let anyone know of it.

            She was looks around before opening the book. The pages were blank, it was just an empty book. She was confused.

            “Why would someone give me an empty book?” she flips to the end of the cover and there was some writing embedded into the back cover.

Let what was lost be found

With this book on these grounds

With the wiccan blood flowing through my veins

Give me the powers that remains

            As she read this out loud the ground she stood on shook, and she drops the book. She ran outside to see what was going on. When she got outside it seems as if nothing happened and only she felt it. Minah was confused to see her out of breath as she did her rounds.

            “Is something wrong Hyeri?”

            “Did you not feel that?”

            “Feel what?”

            “You didn’t…you didn’t feel that earthquake just now?”

            “Earthquake?” Minah shook her head, “No…are you okay?”

            “I’m fine.” She walks back inside and picks up the book. When she looked at the book again there were pictures and writing in the book that wasn’t there before. She flipped through every page in disbelief.

            “Hyeri-ah.” She quickly closed the book and places her blanket over it, “Are you okay?”

            “Yes.” She pushes her hair behind her ear, “I think it was because I read a scary book before I fell asleep.”

            “You aren’t a kid anymore.” Minah smiles, “Put the book away and sleep. Good Night.” She walks out the room.

            She uncovers the book once and again. She hesitates to open the book. She slowly opens the cover and see the pages. “What is going on?” She closes the book and places it in the closet with the dress and went to bed.

            Luna walks onto the patio. “It has begun.”

 

 

            Hyeri goes and takes Luna out for a walk but notices eyes looking at her. She felt gazes all around her. She didn’t notice at first but there was someone following her. As she was walked Luna to the gate of the mansion she suddenly felt a pain. She froze in place and she became scared. Luna started barking. Jin notices all the commotion and ran outside. He saw Hyeri standing outside the gate but not moving and Luna barking at someone behind her. He runs towards the front gate.

            “Luna.” Hyeri muttered out. Luna kept barking as she notices a stranger approaching from behind. Luna growls, with a sudden force Luna was thrown against the gate. “Luna!” Suddenly Hyeri broke free and ran toward Luna. Jin ran as fast as he could. The stranger disappeared but Luna was in pain.

            “What happened?” Jin asked

            “I don’t know.” She was in shocked, “Jin-ssi.” He picks up Luna and runs inside. Hyeri stood frozen at the front gate. She runs back to the orphanage.

            Jin places the unconscious Luna on his bed praying that she was going to be okay. Jimin and Jungkook rushes through the door. Jungkook ran to the other side of Luna.

            “What is going on?” asks Jimin

            “I don’t know.” Jin replies while examining Luna, “All I heard was Luna barking at the front gate, so I thought something happened to Hyeri so I rushed there. When I got there Luna was in Hyeri’s arm.” He saw a purplish symbol on Luna’s side

            “Isn’t that a wiccan symbol?” Jimin blurted out

            “Why is there a wiccan here?” Jungkook wondered, “Who is it really after?”

 

 

            Minah stood in front of Hyeri’s closet staring down at spell book that had been released. Hyeri runs into her room and sees Minah. “Sister.” She muttered. Minah looked at her with a horrified expression and the book in her hand.

            “Did you read the spell at the back of this book?”

            “What?”

            “Did you?” Hyeri nodded and Minah was in disbelief.

            “What is going on Sister?” she was scared, “What is happening?” Minah grabs Hyeri.

            “Follow me.”

            “No.” she pulled her wrist loose, “You have to explain everything to me right now, if you know something!” she took a deep breath, “I was just frozen in the middle of my walk and force threw Luna against the gate.”

            “Hyeri, listen to me.” Minah connect eyes with her, “Calm down and I’ll explain everything.” she helps Hyeri sit down. “Stay put and wait as I call someone.” Not too long after Julia shows up. By then Hyeri had already calm down.

            “I came as fast as I could.” Julia was out of breath, “What is going on?” Minah gave Julia the book and she opens it.

            “Hyeri read the power releasing spell out loud and released the book’s power and hers.”

            “Can someone explain to me what is going on?” Hyeri was agitated and still scared.

            “Hyeri, honey.” Julia sat down next to her, “This is going to be a lot to take in.” Hyeri observed Julia’s and Minah’s scared faces

            “What?”

            “Hyeri, you weren’t left at the orphanage by mistake.” Minah sighs, “You were left here for your own safety. You were born in the orphanage.” She was lost. Julia held her hand

            “You are the product of forbidden love.” She sighs, “Hyeri, you are no ordinary human…you are special.”