Chp 17 Divulge

Forbidden

The next morning after breakfast, Hyeri walks into her room and sits down on her bed. The night before plays over in her head: the news, the heartache and the yearning, wishes that can’t come true. As she looks over the room her eyes landed on the book that sat on her desk. An idea pops in her head as she rushes to grab the book. “There has to be a love sickness spell.” She flips through the pages. As she went through the book she fell upon a potion. “Janhag?” she read through the spell

Janhag (cruelty)

Effect: Person who takes the potion will come to not know what love is.

Uses: Lovesickness, heartache

Duration: Possibly forever – instant effect

Reversal: Unknown

“Where would I ever get this ingredients?” As she reads the ingredients of the potions she realizes that the majority of them were rare or exotic. “I’ve never heard most of these herbs before.” She marks the page

“Hyeri?” she closes the books and looks at the maid at the door.

“Yes?”

“Mr. Kim is here.”

“Is he looking for me?”

“He is looking for everyone and he doesn’t seem quite happy.” Hyeri got up and walks downstairs. As she walks down the stairs she saw the three boys standing in front of their father. Everyone looked scared and was quiet.

“Hello Mr. Kim.” He looks at her with sharp eyes that sent chills down her spine.

“You.” His voice was stern

“Abeoji.” Jin spoke up

“Quiet!” he shouted, “I am talking to her. I don’t want anyone of you to talk.” He looks at her “Hyeri-ssi I want to know what your intentions are for coming into my home?”

“I don’t understand your question, sir” he slams his hand onto the arm chair making her jump.

“You’re as clever and wicked as they come” Mr. Kim chuckles, “I knew there was something about you that day when I met you. I just never thought that you’ll be a hybrid.” She was frozen and he walks towards her. “You shouldn’t exist. You are an abomination. I should kill you.” His hand quickly went for her neck but Jimin grabs his wrist, “You!”

“Abeoji please stop this.” Jimin pleaded with his father

“You are fighting for this thing.”

“She isn’t what you think.”

“That is what you think now, but what about in the future? Even Jin will not be able to predict that far into the future. You don’t know what she is capable of.”

“You don’t either abeoji.”

“Abeoji.” Jungkook steps in, “You have my word Hyeri will never harm anyone. I swear on my life. Please spare her life, she didn’t chose to be born this way. No one did.” Mr. Kim was in disbelief at his sons’ action. Everyone was putting their life on the line for her, an abomination.

“Has she cast a spell on all of you guys or something. Why are you guys so incline to protect her?”

“She is just a friend that we are trying to protect.”

“Abeoji.” Jin spoke up, “NamJoon Hyung always told us that those who breaks the rules are scum, but those who abandon their friends are worse than scum.” Mr.Kim’s eye light up, “We get it that what hyung has done is unforgivable, but if we abandon her we are worse than hyung because we abandon his daughter when she needed us the most.” Mr. Kim took one look at Hyeri. He couldn’t believe his ears. “He was like a son to you and a brother to us. You cherished him so much. Abeoji please rethink about your decision. ”

“She is only allowed to live if she leaves this house.” He turns away for her

“We can’t do that.” Jimin objects

“Waeyo?”

“She is here under our protection. She has nowhere else to go. If she leaves she can be attacked.”

“That is not my problem.” Mr. Kim walks and sits down, “I will not sit here as the Vampire Elder’s son and let you guys let this monster live here in my home.

“Abeoji please.”

“Mr.Kim.” everyone was silent, “I’ll leave.” Hyeri said quietly, “I don’t want this strife between your family just because I am here. I know that I am not even supposed to exist but I happened anyways.” She walks and kneels in front of Mr.Kim and bow, “Thank you for letting me stay here all this time, I am grateful.” She looks at the brothers, “Thank you guy for all your teaching and protection. I will never forget it.” She takes one last bow and walks to her room to pack.

“Abeoji!” all the sons said in unison

“She is only a girl.” Jungkook yells, “She can’t live on her own.”

“I’m considering NamJoon that is why I will not kill her, I don’t know about the others.” He looks up at her, “She is none of our family’s concern now.”

“Are you going to kick me out too then, like mother?”

“You!” Jungkook walks up the stairs after Hyeri.

Hyeri placed her suitcase onto her bed and started packing. Jungkook stops at the door and they both look at each other. Hyeri had a sad expression as she looked at the annoyed Jungkook. She finally looked away and started packing. Jungkook walks up to her.

“You don’t have to go.”

“I do.”

“No you don’t.”

“I do.” He grabs hers wrist and turns her to look at him.

“No.” he said softly, “you don’t have to.”

“Everyone hates me because my family messed up and had me. I’m not even supposed to exist as your father said earlier. He was kind enough to let me go. So I’m going to leave.” He lets her go and she continues to pack.

“You don’t have to. I don’t care what my father says.”

“I do Jungkook!” she was upset, “You grew up with a family that cared about you. I…I had none of that. So I actually care about what happens to you guys. You three have taken care of me for the last month and a half. Now it is time for me to repay my debt and leave for your safety.”

She grabs a couple more articles of clothing, the spell book and puts it in her suitcase and walks downstairs. Mr.Kim was still in the living room with the other two. Jimin and Jin were both silent as they look up at her.

“Hyeri.” Jimin and Jin both walk up to her. Jungkook not too far behind her.

“Jin, Jimin and Mr. Kim.” She bows, “Thanks for letting me stay her for the last month and a half. I’m really grateful. I’m sorry for the trouble I may have caused you guys. I’ll never forget your generosity.” She starts to walk out the door.

“Hyeri.” Jimin and Jungkook follows her out the door. She shut the door with a wave of her hand. “Hyeri!” they tried to open the door but couldn’t. “Release this spell Hyeri.”

“Don’t worry it is going to only be for a couple minutes.” She ran out the front gate and disappeared quickly.

As soon as the spell wearied off Jungkook was able to open the door and was about to run out. “STOP RIGHT THERE!” Mr. Kim shout making him stops, “If you run after that hybrid I will no longer claim you as my son.”

“You abandon my mother a long time ago, it was like you abandon me.” He said with a stern voice, “So if I choose to leave or stay it is none of your concern, but I will not abandon her like the rest of the people that she knew.” He walks out the door

“Jungkook.”

Jungkook ran out the gates but he had no idea where she had gone. He followed his instinct and ran.

 

 

Yuri was happily cooking a concoction in her tavern when she heard a knock at her door. She goes to open it to find Hyeri with her things.

“Hyeri, why are you here? With your things.” She looks up and notices Hyeri’s red eyes, “Have you been crying?”

“Can I come in?” Yuri nods and Hyeri walks in,

“What is wrong Hyeri?” she drops her stuff and hugs Yuri and starts crying. “Why are you crying?”

“Unnie, you must promise me no matter what happens you won’t abandon me.”

“I promise. I promise.” She comforts her by patting her back, “Tell me what is wrong and why did you bring your stuff here?” Hyeri took a step back and calmed down

“I left the mansion.”

“Why.” Yuri was surprised

“Mr. Kim found out about my lineage and was furious. The brothers begged and begged in hopes to calm him down but he didn’t. They almost got into a fight over me. So I told Mr. Kim that I would leave the house.”

“Why did he let you off so easily if he was that angry?”

“I don’t know.” She had the sniffles, “As soon as they mention my father’s name it was like it light something up. He just let me leave after I packed my bags.”

“Did they not follow you after you left?”

“I cast a lock spell on the door so that they wouldn’t be able to come after me. Then I cast an aura spell to suppress my aura so that they wouldn’t sense me. I gave myself a ten minute head start so even if they do find me it will take a while.”

Yuri took her hands and held it with a sigh, “Hyeri-ah, you only begun to live your life and yet you have ran into so much trouble already.” She sighs, “So what are you going to do now that you are here.”

“This might just be quick stop for me.” She sighs, “I didn’t know where to go so I came here instead.”

“So you have no plans for the future.”

“As of right now, no I don’t.”

“Arraso, as you stay here you can practice potions and spells with me.” Yuri tries to perk her up, “We can go and collect herbs and other ingredients for spells. I’ll show you all the spots. There are only a few ingredients that can be picked here in the Wiccan lands. ” Yuri picks up her basket, “We’ll put your things away when we get back. Kaja.”

Hyeri rips the page out of the book and follows Yuri.

 

 

A handful of people sit in a room talking loudly and drinking. The room is filled with tension as more people gather. Many had scars over their bodies other were equip with weapons, some rusted other brand new or refurbished. At the end of the room there sat a man with a leather jacket and blue jeans.

“Everyone!” The many stood up and everyone else quiet down, “Thanks for gathering here.” He step down and walks on to the aisle. “We all know why we’ve gather here today.” He walks down the aisle boldly, “By now everyone has heard that there is a hybrid amongst us. I don’t know if the stories are true or not but we are getting to the bottom of this. Whoever finds more information on this let me know. You’ll be given a heathy reward.” Everyone was happy.

“GREAT! Lets get rid of those traitors.” Everyone shouted at different time.

“Tonight we start our hunt.” He raise his fist in the air and everyone went out shouting. The man went back and sat down with a smile.

“I like what you’ve done with the place.” He heard a voice that echo through the room. He wasn’t even startled, instead he smiles

“Minah.” He chuckles, “It nice of you to show up. I wouldn’t use magic here if I were you though.”

“Oh really.” He heard the chuckle in her voice, “Why?”

“You know how they feel about it.”

“Well, you’re one to talk Yeon Seok. Aren’t you a supernatural being as well?” His face look as if he was disgusted with himself. “Did I hit a soft spot?”

“Minah you are a traitor yourself. I suggest you leave while I am still being nice.”

“Oh? How exactly are you going to do that?”

“I have my ways.”

“I’ll be waiting.” Minah voice faded from the room.

 

 

Hyeri followed Yuri up the hills. As she walked the pathway she notice two tree that came together as an arch. Yuri walks I between the two trees and disappears. Hyeri was surprised and walks towards the entrance slowly. As she reaches her hand out to touch the barrier it bounced a little. Yuri’s head pops back out from the other side.

“Ahh!” Hyeri jumps back a little

“Are you gonna come through or just stand out here.” Yuri pops her head through the barrier. Hyeri slowly walks through the barrier and it was as if she went to a whole different world. It was almost like a fairy world, flowers bloom, birds fly and insects buzzing.

“What is this?” Hyeri was speechless. Yuri walk towards a bush of blue bells to smell them. “Unnie, what is this place?”

“This.. ” Yuri had huge smile and walks towards her. “ is the place your mother made she called it Moonlight realm. She place this place in a different dimension. Even though she is gone the magic of this place has stayed. Appa told me that only wiccans can enter this place. Those who aren’t wiccan walks through the trees but will never enter this place.” She walks farther away, “At least that is what I’ve been told.”

“Do you know why my umma made this place?”

“There are some herbs and things that can’t be found in the other world, so your mother made an enchanted place were certain plants can grow. But once you take something from here you must use it within three days or it will die.”

“So the plants that grows here are only those that can’t be found anywhere else.”

“All the plants here are either extinct or exist somewhere far away.”

“How did umma get the plants that are extinct? If they no longer exist than it would be impossible for her to even get her hand on things like that.”

“Your mother was a powerful witch. She could make anything grow from nothing. In the potion and spell book there are tons of pictures and drawings with description in them. All that your mother needed was to see the picture and the description of the plant. Appa said it will take her all day sometimes to create the plant but she would be able to do it.” Yuri sighs, “After she made the plant she would disappear, days at a time.”

Hyeri walk around and finds a little hut. Even though it looks as if it has been years since the hut has been made it was still in good condition.

“She stayed here.” Hyeri whispers as she glided her hand over the hut, “she would stay her and rest” she walks around the hut and sees dusty pots, pans, dry herbs, blankets, ladles and clothes laying around. As she walks into the hut, the inside was bigger than she could imagine. The ceiling was high. There were was a bedroom that had a desk and silk blanket on a bed. In the center of the tent there was a fire and to the left was a dining table and some books. She walks over to the bed and sees a some baby clothes laid on top of the bed. Hyeri picks it up. She didn’t even notice but a tear slip from her eyes.

Dal.”