Chp 20 Trial

Forbidden

Jin laid in his bed with Luna sitting next to the bed. Jin is sweating beads and seems like he is having a nightmare. Luna whimpers because she can’t do anything to help him. Jungkook and Jimin sits outside the room not knowing what to do.

“When are they getting here?” Jungkook asked

“Myungsoo said that they were on their way.” Jimin looks back at Jin, “We have to be patient, it take a while to get here.”

“How much longer can we wait? We don’t even know what is wrong with him in the first place. No one does. I feel like if we wait any longer something bad might happen.” Luna suddenly barks getting the brother’s attention. The two barges into the room and sees Jin trying to climb over the window and Luna pulling him by his pants leg to stop him.

“Jin!” The brothers run towards the window to grab him but he jumps out. “Hyung!” When the two ran to look out the window, they saw Jin floating. They were both surprised and relieved. They see Hyeri struggling to levitate Jin’s body and Myungsoo running to catch Jin’s body before he hits the ground. The brothers ran to meet the guest in the living room. “Are you guys okay?” Jungkook goes and helps Myungsoo carry his brother back to his bedroom.

“Jin-ssi.” Dr. Kim had a serious look on his face, “What happened just now?”

“I don’t really know. Since the last couple of days he has been just sleeping but today he all of a sudden jumped out the window.”

“When did this start to happen?” asked Hyeri

“Just about a couple of days ago. Luna came and dragged me to the kitchen one night. When I got there Jin was standing with his hand propping him up from the edge of the table. When I called out his name he looked up at me, but it wasn’t him. His eyes were filled with terror and horror. Right before he fainted he said ‘keep running.’ As if he was possessed. ”

“What happened after that?”

“After he fainted, he hasn’t woken up. Even when he jumped, he wasn’t even awake. We started to worry about him that is why we called Dr. Kim.”

“Why did you contact Dr. Kim?” Hyeri was curious, “There are so many other doctors out there.”

“He is the only supernatural Doctor that has studied all of the supernatural beings and cured them. The vampire doctors refuse to study anything other than vampires but they couldn’t figure out what was going on. My appa refused to let us call Dr. Kim but we had no other choice. Jin’s condition was getting worse.”

“Rest assure, I’ll do my best to help him. Let’s go see what is wrong with him.” Dr. Kim walks up the stairs with the two following him. When they get to the room Jungkook and Myungsoo had to strap Jin down.

“What is going on here?” Jimin shouted

“Jungkook suggested that we restrain him, in case he decides that he wants to jump out the window again.”

Luna walks to Hyeri with sad eyes and whimpers. Hyeri squat down and comforts Luna. “Don’t worry Luna ajussi will do his best to figure out what is going on with Jin.”

As Dr. Kim worked on trying to figure out what was wrong with Jin everyone else sat in the living room. Hyeri sat on the couch with Luna laying her head on her lap. Jimin and Myungsoo sat at the kitchen island and chatted. Jungkook walks over with a water and sit next to Hyeri. He hands her the cup of water.

“Thank you.” She took a sip and sat the water down on the coffee table. At first it was awkward between the two of them. Jungkook finally spoke up.

“I saw that you are doing better with your levitation.”

“I almost didn’t catch him. It was all because Luna barked, I ran to the front gate and heard you two yell. I saw Jin trying to jump. By the time I knew it he had jump and I was levitating him.”

“So your hearing gotten better too.” He smirks

“You can say that?” she smirks at him. That is when she notices the bags under his eyes, “Have you not been resting?”

“What?”

“You have bags under your eyes.” Jungkook touched under his eyes.

“Since this happened, Jimin and I have not been resting too well. This has never happened before in the time we’ve been alive. This is quite shocking to either one of us.”

“It looks like Luna has not had any rest either.” Jungkook smirks as he saw Luna a sleep on Hyeri’s lap.

“To tell you the truth none of us three have been able to sleep since Jin been like this.” Jungkook took a long sigh. His eyes were so tired.

“I can call Yuri to bring some medication and herbs for you guys. It can help you guys relax.” She places a hand on his. He was shock by the action “Don’t worry too much. Ajussi will figure out what is wrong with him.”

“Thanks.” He smirks

“Hyeri.” The two looks at Myungsoo. He notice Hyeri’s hand on Jungkook’s. He straighten up his face, “Can I talk to you? Outside.”

“Excuse me.” She slide’s Luna’s head off her lap and follows Myungsoo outside. Myungsoo stood outside close by the gates. “What did you want to talk about?”

“I wanted to thank you for the herbal medication that you gave to me for YeEum. She has had a lot more energy the last couple of days.” His back was still facing her.

“Is that all you wanted to talk to me about?” she could sense that there was more to be said.

“Actually it is about that night. I wanted you to know that I only think of you as my sister. Even though YeEum and I are just part of an arranged marriage I truly care and love her. I promised to protect her for the rest of my life. I know you already told me that you just wanted to get the feeling off your chest, but I wanted this awkwardness to go away too.” He slowly turns to face her “I admit it, that I liked you. Since we were young I’ve always admire your independence. Even though you never had parents you always showed love to others and worked hard to help others. As we got older I thought that we were too different to be with each other. I didn’t have to courage to tell you because I didn’t want that to get in the way of our friendship.” Hyeri just stood there staring back at him. “YeEum also needed me. You on the other hand, I knew you were stronger than YeEum so I choose her and also because I didn’t know your feelings for me.”

“I know.” He was surprised “I had a feeling. I notices how fragile and weak she looks compared to other Lykans. I overheard ajussi talking to her when I came over to pick up HaNeul the other day. He told her to be careful and take it slow since she doesn’t have any Lykan powers. I was quite upset that as your friend you didn’t tell me you were arranged to be married and told me that you’ve been dating her instead.” She chuckles, “I guess I was more upset with that than anything else.”

“Mianhae.”

“There is nothing to be sorry about.” She sighs, “It already over, you can’t turn back time. Let go back inside.”

When they went back inside , Dr. Kim was walking down the stairs. They all rushed to him. He looked exhausted and tired. There was sweat on his brow.

“Did you find out what is wrong with my brother?” asked Jimin. Dr. Kim had an expression of fear on his face.

“I did.” He sighs

“If you found out what is wrong then why do you look distraught?”

“Your brother is stuck in his dream state. This is due to his ability to foresee things. Most people come out of it on their own but he seems to be stuck. I tried everything I know to get him out but I can’t. Something isn’t letting me take him out of his dream state.”

“Do you know what is keeping him there?”

“No.”

“Can you help him?”

“I’ve tried but I can’t seem to reach him.” He sighs.

“What do we do?”

“Maybe I can help.” Hyeri volunteered, “I’ve read in some of my mom’s book about being stuck in dream.”

“Can you really help?”

“I’ve only read it. But I can try my best to perform it. I’m gonna have to call Yuri to help me.”

The elderly woman sits by the window and looks out. In her mind she wonder what was going on in the world of hers. Why was she still alive? As she sat there wondering, she heard the sound of something unlocking. She turns her head and sees the door was slightly open. She walks to it and opens it slowly. She peeks her head into the hallway and saw that the guards that were watching the door were lying on the ground. She quickly and swiftly made her escape.

As she makes it outside the mansion that had been holding her captive someone appeared in front of her. She looks up and sees someone in a black cloak.

“I’m glad to see that you are still alive.”

“It takes more than keeping me captive to kill me.” The elderly lady tried to take a breath, “I’m guessing that you are the one that helped me escape?”

“All I did was make sure that the guard were gone and that the talisman keeping you was broken.”

“You think a mere talisman could keep me in there.” She chuckles, “those hunters had it easy. If it wasn’t for the fact that my health was deteriorating I would have already been gone.”

“With your weaken state I would say anything could have kept you in there.”

“Why are you here?”

“I need your help.”

Hyeri sets up some crystal around Jin’s bed, along with some candles. Everyone was in the room watching her and Yuri set up the room. Yuri sits next to the bed.

“Everyone else can leave. I will stay here and assist Yuri. When we are done we will let you all know.” Everyone left the room uneasy. Hyeri closes the door and return to the side of the bed. “Let’s begin.”

“Are you sure about this Hyeri?” Yuri was nervous, “You have never performed this before.”

“Even if I only read it I pretty sure we can do it.”

“What if something happens?”

“Nothing will happen. I will do this right and he will wake up.” She takes a deep breath, “Unnie, thanks for staying in here with me.”

“Are you sure that you want to do this alone?”

“Just be on standby. Even if it looks like something is wrong you must not allow anyone to disturb me until I am done.” Yuri nods her head even though she knew that it was unsafe. Hyeri tied a string to Jin’s hand and held onto the other end as laid down on the floor next to Jin’s bed.

“What is the string for?”

“It is will lead me to Jin.”

“When should I wake you?”

“Jin is probably stuck there because he need to find out something. So until then don’t disturb us. ” She closes her eyes, “I’ll come back, I promise.” she focused on her breathing and soon she drifted off to sleep.

When she awoken in the dream she was in the middle of an open field that was surrounded by trees. It was night time. Everything felt real. She notice a light feeling on her hand. When she looked at it, there was a luminous string leading her towards the woods. “He must have gone that way.” She followed the strings slowly step by step. When she deep into the forest she heard rustling. Her heart rate was speeding up. “What was that?” She hides behind some bushes and watches as a man carries wood into a cave. “Is this what Jin has been dreaming about?” she follows the man quietly.

From the outside of the cave she could see a the young man placing the wood in the fire place. A young woman that was heavily pregnant sat next to the fire. You could tell that they had been in the cave for a while. There were clothes hanged all around the cave. There was an area for the wood that they collected and a lot of small wooden furniture all around the cave, even a little crib sat by the wall unfinished.

She felt the tug of the string on her hand, when she looked the string lead away from the cave. She hesitantly follows the lead, but before leaving she marks the trees nearby so that she could find her way back. As she follows the string she is lead to a small river. The moonlight reflected beautifully on it, the sounds of the crickets and frogs can be heard all around. By the shore she notice a body there and quickly ran to check it out.

“Jin.” She rolled the body over. Jin was unconscious and shivering. She starts to freak out a little. She hears rustling from behind her and tries to find somewhere to hide.

“Are you okay?” she hears a man’s voice, “did you need help?” She looks behind her and sees the young man from earlier. He was masculine and well build. His hair reach down to his neck, you can tell he hasn’t shave for a while, he was starting to grow a beard that connect to his sideburns. He had bushy brows, almond shaped eyes and high cheek bones. He rushed over to them, “Is your friend okay?” he puts his water buckets down.

“I don’t know. I found him like this. Can you help me?” the man checks up on Jin and his expression was grim.

“We need to get him to somewhere warm quick. If we don’t he might die from this cold.” He helped Hyeri pick up Jin and she helped him put Jin on his back. He quickly carries Jin to the cave and Hyeri picks up the bucket and follows him. When they reached the cave, the pregnant lady stood up in surprise.

“What is going on?” she walks over to help him put Jin down. She was gorgeous, she had light brown hair that made her pale face glow. She had big dark eyes and a high nose bridge. Her lips had a pink hue to it.

“I found them by the river when I was going to get some water.” The man slowly places him on the floor. “We need to change his clothes out.” She got up and quickly went to grab an extra pair of clothes. Hyeri sat the buckets down by the entrance of the cave and went to help the young man out.

“Is he going to be okay?”

“As long as we can get his temperature up without him getting a fever he should do okay without needing anything major.” He hands her the wet clothes and she starts to hang it up around the fire place. The woman handed the man some dry clothes and put it on Jin. She walked over to Hyeri and handed her a towel.

“You should dry off also. We can’t be having both of you guys get sick on us.”

“I’m okay, I didn’t go into the river. I just got him off the shore.”

“Take it anyways.” She smiled at Hyeri. Hyeri took the towel from her. She didn’t know why but the lady seemed familiar to her.

“thank you.”

“What is your name?”

“oh.” Hyeri suttered, “My name is Go Hyeri.”

“Nice to meet you, my name is Mee. Kang Mee. The man over there is my husband Choi MinSoo.”

“Why are you two living here, especially in your condition? If you don’t mind me asking?” Mee gave Hyeri a suspicious look. “Sorry for asking.”

“We are one the run.”

“On the run?”

“My husband and I, we broke a rule. Now we are being chased.” Somewhere in Hyeri mind something was ticking. She notice a small scar on Mee’s hand. “What happened there if I may ask?”

“This?” Mee looked at her hand, “Ahh, when I was younger, my friend and I went up the mountain of our village to collect some herbs. I got this climbing some rock, I slipped and cut myself, it was bleeding pretty hard. My friend was so worried she cried because she thought I was going to die.” Mee chuckled at the thought, “I haven’t seen her since I left the village. I wonder how she is doing?”

“She must have been a great person.”

“She was awesome. We were like sisters, there was no secret that we wouldn’t tell each other. I even told her about Minsoo when everything happened even my pregnancy.” Her eyes watered a little, “I miss her.”


Thanks everyone for reading. I know that I am taking a very long time and the story probably is starting to drag. I am doing my best to make the story flow smoothly and get more action into it. Please keep readingsharing and support my story. I love reading your comments and thoughts on how things are going. It is very encouraging. I hope that everyone is having a great New Year so far. Stay warm and healthy.