Chp 18 Empty

Forbidden

Jungkook comes back home devastated, his expression was that of a dead person who had lost all hope. His brother ran to the door to meet him. Luna follows his every step.

“Any sign of her?” Jimin asked. Jungkook just slowly shook his head and walked straight to the couch and sat down.

“Appa has already left.” Jin talked softly, “He said he’ll be back some other time.” Jungkook gaze was endless, it was empty but at the same time filled with worry. He couldn’t help but feel panic and uneasy. “I know you’re worried about her we all are.”

“How was appa able to sense Hyeri but not Luna?” Jungkook was upset, “Luna was right here with us he didn’t even look at her. All these years we always had to hide her because of appa. He didn’t even look at her or notice her.”

“Hyeri’s aura suppressing spell.” Jin said sadly, “She told us that the spell would last a couple of days.”

“I’m gonna go and look for her again.” Jungkook stood up quickly. Jimin grabs a hold of him and stops him.

“No.” Jimin objected, “I’ll go and look for her. You’ve been at it all day and you are tired.”

“Let go.” He pulled his arm away from his brother. His heart was unsteady, “If I don’t know that she is safe, I will not rest.”

“Jungkook, I’ll go.” Jimin pushes him back down onto the couch.

“Hyung get out of the way.”

“Both of you stop it.” The two younger ones stop bickering at the sound of Jin’s voice, “If it wasn’t for the fact that I know Hyeri well, I would agree with abeoji that you guys are both bewitched.” Jin sighs at the fact that his two brothers were being childish, “Have either of you notice that you can’t sense her anywhere?” Jimin and Jungkook closed their eyes and concentrated on her aura. They were both surprised that they didn’t even notice it at all. “Hyeri is most likely using the aura suppression spell so even if you tried your hardest at the moment you won’t know where she is.”

Jungkook gets up and drags himself towards the stairs. Luna walks right beside him with worried eyes. She kept looking at him and then back at Jimin and Jin standing in the living room. Jungkook took about two steps up before slipping. Luna barks at the sudden movement.

“Jungkook.” Jimin ran to help him up, “Are you okay?” Jungkook stood up at the bottom of the stairs and brushed his brother off.

“I’m okay. I just misplaced my step.” He walks back up the stairs with his hand on his back.

“Hyung, should we make sure he is okay?” Jin shook his head

“Our Maknae is experiencing something he doesn’t understand.” Jin turns his head away from his book, “I suggest you stay away from her also. If something was to happen, things will get ugly.”

 

 

Dal.”

Hyeri turned around as she heard it. All she saw was Yuri walking around looking at some books.

“Did you say something?” she asked Yuri

“Ani.” Yuri looked confused, “What happened?”

“I thought I heard a woman’s voice just now.”

“What did you hear?”

“Dal. Is there an significant to that.”

“I don’t know. Maybe you’re just hearing things.” Yuri walks to her, “Let get going before dark.”

“Unnie is there an inventory or some kind of record of the type of plants in this place?”

Yuri walks over towards the desk and pulls out a book and flip to a page. It was an outline to the garden. It was much bigger than Hyeri had expected. “This is a map of what type of plant is in which location. Over here where the wooded area begins, I don’t know what is there. Appa has always told me not to go beyond the garden perimeters.”

“So this place is much bigger than it looks.” Hyeri was surprised

“It could be endless. No one knows.” Yuri saw the curiosity and light in her eyes, “Hyeri,” Hyeri rose her head to look at Yuri, “nothing is ever allowed to leave this place besides the plants arraso?”

“Arraso.” She looks through the books “Unnie, is it possible for me to spend the night here?”

“I don’t see why there would a problem. But are you sure?”

“I just want to get to know the place a little more.”

“You are more than welcome to. Just don’t burn the place down.” Yuri grabs her basket of herbs, “There are some dry food and fruits in the kitchen there, I’ll be back tomorrow with some fresh food. Don’t stay up too late.”

“I promise that I won’t unnie.” Hyeri waited for her to leave before she pulled out the piece of paper from her pocket. “Please do forgive me for this though.” She read the list of ingredients and looks them up on the page and numbers them down.

 

Myungsoo’s Home

Myungsoo sat down and looked through his father’s clinical finance. Ye Eum sets some fruit and water on to the table. She walks over to Myungsoo with her hand on her stomach. He looks up and smiles at how she glowed.

“Why are you walking around for?” He gets up and walks towards her, “You should be sitting and resting.” He wrap his arm around her and guides her back to the couch.

“I’m only about a month pregnant. I can still do things like walk and give you some drinks and snacks.” Her smile slowly fades at the thought of something.

“What is wrong?”

“Oppa,” she was hesitant, “I don’t know if I should ask this. I notice that the last couple of times that we’ve been around Hyeri she was acting weird. Like she was sad or something. I also notice that it is always when the three of us are together. Is there something going on between you and Hyeri?”

“It’s nothing.” He brushes it off

“Really?” she wasn’t satisfied with his answer

“What is the matter?”

“We’ve known since we were younger that we were arranged to be married. During that time you had the choice to object the arrangement but you didn’t. You also knew that I had no power to support you and my arrangement to you was for my safety, yet you didn’t disagree. You’ve always talked about someone you wanted me to meet. I never realized that person would have such impact on your life.”

“What are you saying?”

“I know that you and Hyeri have strong feelings towards each other and I interrupted that.” Her eyes began to tear up, “I saw the way she looked at you and her sad eyes when we told her everything. So you can’t just sit here and tell me that there is nothing going on between you two.”

“YeEum-ah.” He squat down in front of her and wipes her tears from her cheek, “Hyeri and I were only friend til this day, and we still are. I admit that I did like her but we never gone pass that line.” He hold her hands, “When we got married I promised to love and cherished you, I won’t break that promise for nothing.”

*RING RING*

Myungsoo picks up his phone, “Yeobosaeyo?”

“Soo-ah.”

“Ne appa.”

“I have task for you?”

 

Dr. Kim was in his office looking at reports when he heard a knock on the window. He looked but there was no one there. He went back to what he was doing. Not too long later he heard a knock again. He looks up and once again there was nothing there. He went back to looking at the reports and once again he heard a knock. He gets up and opens the window but no one was there.

“Who has the nerves to keep bothering me?” he closes the window. When he turns around he sees Minah sitting in his chair. She was in perfect health and nothing seems to be wrong with her, “Minah.” She smiles back at her, “Where have you been?”

“I’ve been everywhere.” She gets up and greets him, “Thanks for keeping an eye on things during my absence. I can see that the kids love it here.”

“Minah,” she looks up at him, “I’ve been told that you are a Hunter.” She smiles and nods, “If you are, why are you here? Why are you not giving up Hyeri?”

“I left the Hunters because of Hyeri.” She smiles

“Why?”

“You probably know by now, all the Hunters are not human as everyone thinks. It made up of a mix of humans and supernatural beings. My family was special we had the power of the shaman, which meant we could cast enchantment and barrier. I grew up with Hunters and other supernatural beings and learned their ways. We killed many of those who we saw was a danger to the human race.” She sat up and looks at Dr. Kim, “I went undercover as a nun, because many beings, who turns away, comes by for hiding but some uses it as a cover. I remember the night that Boa and Namjoon came through, it was storming and they were both tired and she was heavily pregnant. She was going to give birth soon. Namjoon left after she told him something, not too long after he left she gave birth to Hyeri. I already knew that they were the couple that were on the run for breaking the rules. After Boa passed away that night, my plan was to take care of the child and end her misery.”

“You were going to kill her.”

“It was my job as a hunter. I would have just lied that she die at childbirth. When I went to look at her I saw an ordinary child. As I reach to end her fate, a barrier appear to protect her. I couldn’t get through even if I wanted to.” Minah smiles as she reminisces, “All of a sudden she opened her little eyes and the barrier disappears. As I reached out my hand for her neck, she touched my hand and I had a vision of her. I knew then that I had to protect her. After taking Boa’s body NamJoon didn’t return for her. I knew then that it was my duty to take care of her, so I tried my best to seal her powers.”

“What was the vision?”

“That is why I am here.” She sighs, “I need your help…I can no longer protect her on my own. The Hunter society knows that I’m hiding something. I need you to keep an eye on her until I recuperate.”

“What am I supposed to do?”

“I just learned recently that Kim HeeChul learned of her true identity; but he has not given her information up due to the fact that she is NamJoon’s daughter. I don’t know of her current whereabout but she isn’t safe out there by herself. I hope that you can use your resources to find her. I know Myungsoo is her friend too, maybe he might know.”

“You know that I am a descendant of the first Lykan Elder’s , so why are you asking me to do this.” A smile appeared on her face.

“I know that you knew about Hyeri’s lineage a long time ago and you aren’t into the Lykan politics.” She smiles, “When she was a kid and her power leaked you were the one that found her and brought her back to me. Why would a Lykan related to the great elder not be able to tell something was off?” he smiles, “I’m pretty sure by now you also know that she is somewhat royalty.”

“I’m well aware of the situation.” He sighs, “I’ll take care of her until you can get back onto your feet. But you still haven’t told me what your vision is about.”

“Hyeri will come to a trial that will change the fate of our world.”

 

 

Yuri walks into Moonlight realm with a basket in her hand the next morning. The birds were chirping and the fog was still on the ground. She picks up some herbs before heading into the tent. She notice there was smoke coming from the tent and goes there. When she enters the tent the fire was still going and Hyeri had laid her head on the desk to sleep. She places the basket in the kitchen and rocked Hyeri awake.

“Hyeri-ah.” The books were still open on the desk, “Hyeri?”

“Hmm?” Hyeri yawns

“I brought breakfast.” She notices the pot, pestle and mortar that were on the table, “Wake up.” Hyeri stretches

“Good morning unnie.” Her eyes were barely open

“You stayed up late didn’t you?”

“Sorry.” She yawns, “The books were too interesting.”

“So interesting that you decided to make your own potion I see.” She wore a proud smile, “Don’t do it so often or you’ll tire yourself out.”

“Arraso.” Hyeri walks to the basket, “What is there to eat?” Yuri tried identifying the plants used but no potion came to mind.

“What were you making?”

“ I was just trying out a potion that mom had.” She took a piece of bread out of the basket and took a bit.

“Which one?” Yuri looked through all the herbs on the table

“Healing.”

“Really? I’m not familiar with that one” she lied

“It didn’t work anyways.”

“How do you know that?” Hyeri raised her arm that had a bandage on her finger, “What did you do?” Yuri freaks out and runs to her

“It isn’t a big cut. I made a small cut on my finger and tried out the potion but it didn’t work.” She shrugged her shoulder

“Hyeri-ah!” she sighs, “Why are you harming yourself?”

“I have to try things out to make sure they work. You don’t think that umma they didn’t try the same thing?”

“I’m pretty sure she wasn’t as reckless as you.” Yuri sighs in anger, “Hurry up and eat. We’ll head out to the tavern afterwards.”

“Mianhae unnie.” Hyeri tried to act cute, “I won’t do it again.” They ate breakfast in silence but Yuri was still not convince that Hyeri was making a healing potion.

 

Jungkook stood in front of the tavern as he waited for the girls to return. He was going crazy waiting for them. He paced back and forth. He heard some giggling turns his head towards the path. He spotted the two girls walking towards his direction. For a moment he felt his heart beat for a second. He places his hand over his heart.

“Jungkook.” Yuri walks over, “Why are you here? How did you find us?” Jungkook looked over Yuri’s shoulder and see Hyeri not too far behind her.

“I used my abilities to find you guys.” He smirks, “After Hyeri left that day I’ve been trying to find her.” Hyeri stood behind Yuri without making any eye contact with him. “I knew it wasn’t safe for Hyeri to be out alone. So my first thought was that she was going to see you. It wasn’t easy but I found you.”

“You’re ability is super hearing.” Yuri smirks, “How is it that you were able to find us?”

“I listened for Hyeri.” Hyeri was surprised, “What I listened for is a secret. But I have to admit I have never been wrong.”

“What took you so long if you were looking for her?”

“The Aura repression spell.” Hyeri spoke up, “It repressed not just my abilities but everything anyone would use to find me.”

“Is it that powerful?” Yuri was surprised, “Did your umma make that spell?”

“She did, but I altered it a little bit to make it more potent.” She walks towards the door not even sparing Jungkook a second look. Jungkook was at lost for words.

“She still a little off.” Yuri tries to make up an excuse, “Please come inside.” Jungkook followed Yuri inside. Hyeri’s bag still laid unpack in the living room. Hyeri was in the kitchen putting the herbs away. Jungkook walk towards Hyeri

“Hyeri.” He said softly

“I’m forgot to grab something I’ll be right back.” She walks right pass him towards the door.

“I’ll go to make sure she is safe.” He follows her out leaving Yuri in the tavern by herself. Hyeri walked quickly with Jungkook right behind her. “Hyeri.” He walks quicker to catch up to her. She was picking some herbs. “Hyeri.” He sighs, “will you let me speak to you for a second?”

“You go ahead.” She was still picking herbs, “I’ll keep my ears open.” He was frustrated and grabs her arms to make her look at him.

“I know that you are upset, but please.” He sighs, “Listen to what I have to say.” There was no wavering in her eyes. “I know that you don’t want to return back but I promise to take care of you and protect you.” She sighs, “What?”

“I don’t need your protection anymore,” she closes her eyes, “I wanted to thank you and your brothers for taking care of me. But I’m a big girl that can take care of herself now. So after lunch you can return back to the manor…and hope that our paths don’t cross again.” She slides his hand off of her arm. “Let’s go back to the tavern.” As she walks back without him she felt a pain in her chest.

 

 

A woman sat in a nicely decorated chair and looks out the window. Her eyes were kept on the green field that laid beyond that window. Her hair were ash gray and her skin pale as porcelain. Her wrinkle hand reach out the window, she felt the wind between her fingers.

“How I wish to be free just like you.” She smiles, “Freedom is only something I can dream of.”

“Madam.” A maid walked into the room with a tray of food, “Here is your breakfast.” The maid left the food on the small table and leaves the room.

“You.” The maid stops, “What is the thing you cherish the most in the world.”

“Me?” the maid pointed at herself,

“Yes you.”

“I would say love, ma’am.” The old lady laugh at her answer

“Love?” she chuckles, “aw yes, a sweet feeling so it seems.” She dismissed the maid with a wave of her hand. “Yet it can leave a bitter feeling in your heart.” She took a sip of her tea and soon starts to cough. She grabs a napkin and starts to cough. She looks and sees the blood drenched napkin in her hand.