Chp 5 One-sided

Forbidden

            Jungkook fell back down onto his couch in rage. His head going through how Hyeri could just leave him behind. “This girl is out of her mind. How can she talk to me like that?” He scoffs, “Does she think she is all that great or something? She nothing but a dogwalker and she dear speak to me like that.”

            “Jungkook.” Jin came down with card

            “What?”

            “We got invited to a wedding.”

            “Who’s?”

            “Lykan clan.”

            “Do we have to go?”

            “We HAVE to show our faces, because we will be representing appa. The one that is getting married is the grandson of the Elder and we-.” He gets cut off by Jungkook

            “being the grandsons of the Vampire Elder, we have a duty to keep the peace.” He sighs. “I know; that what I’ve heard for the last 40 years.” He gets up.

            “The wedding is in a week or so.”

            “Got it.”

            “So…I notice that you were walking Luna home.” Jungkook avoided Jin’s gaze, “What happened to Hyeri-ssi? Did you get into a fight with her?” no answer, “Did you her blood and left her on the side of the road somewhere?”

            “Hyung!”

            “Guess not.” He sighs, “Please don’t do anything stupid to make her quit. Or you’ll be walking Luna.” He notices the ring on Jungkook, “Make sure to take care of that ring too.” Jungkook took off the ring and place it on the coffee table.

            “Mianhae, I just grabbed a ring, I didn’t notice it was your umma’s.” he walks up to his room.

 

 

            Hyeri took Minah’s spot in the exam with Dr. Kim. She helped him with vaccine and taking care of the children.

            “Hyeri-ah?” he writes down something in his records for the kids

            “Ne Ajussi?”

            “Have you ever thought about becoming a nurse or doctor?”

            “Ani, why?”

            “Because you seem really good at it and you seem to know a lot. Even without training.”

            “You know ajussi I get that a lot.” He looks up at her

            “Really?”

            “Yes.”

            “I understand animals and I get things quickly when it comes to medicine. I don’t know what to do with it.”

            “When you get the chance, you are more than welcome to help me out at my location.”

            “Thank you, but I think that is a little too far from home.”

            “If you don’t explore you’ll never know the world Hyeri.” He smiles as he packs up his things, “You may have to leave home but that is all part of growing up.”

            “I’ll keep that in mind.” She smiles

            “So am I going to see you next week?” She stops, “For the wedding?”

            “Of course.” She tries to smile, “I wouldn’t miss it.”

            “Hyeri-ah.” She looks at him, “Are you okay?”

            “Why wouldn’t I be?”

            “I notice that the bracelet you always wear is missing. The one that Myungsoo made.”

            “You never miss the little details ajussi.”

            “That is what make me a great doctor.” He chuckles, “There is someone out there for everyone. He was probably not the one for you.”

            “How long have you known?”

            “Let just say for a while now.” she chuckles

            “I wish he caught on as fast as you.” She sighs, “I’m still happy for him. Congratulations on the marriage of your son Ajussi. Have a safe drive home.” She went to the front of the building to help pack up the tools.

            “Hyeri ssi.” Jimin was waiting at the gate.

            “Jimin ssi.” She walks over

            “Are you okay?” he observes her facial expression, “You look kind of down.”

            “I’m fine, just a little tired.” She tried to smile

            “That good.” He took a deep breath, “I heard that you and Jungkook got into some misunderstanding earlier today.”

            “A little one.” She sighs, “Nothing serious. He is just really rude.”

            “Yes, sorry about that. Being the youngest of the three he tends to get his way without any type of scolding.”  Dr. Kim walks out of the building and sees Hyeri talking to Jimin.

            “Park Jimin-ssi.” Jimin tilt his head and sees Dr. Kim.

            “Dr. Kim Myung Min.” Jimin half smiles, “What are you doing all the way out here?”

            “I come out here twice a year to do free checkups and vaccines. What are you doing here?”

            “I’m just here to check on Hyeri.” He smiles, “So I heard that Myungsoo is getting married. Congratulations.”

            “Yes. Will your family be attending?”

            “As of the moment, we aren’t too sure.”

            “Hope to hear your answer soon. I got to get going.”

            “Have a safe trip.” Dr. Kim got onto his truck along with Myungsoo and his fiancée.

            “Hyeri don’t forget to come to my wedding next week.” He waves as they drove off. Hyeri waved sadly.

            “I won’t.” Jimin observed her expression.

            “He is the one, isn’t he?”

            “It’s that obvious huh?”

            “I guess you saying that your feelings were one-sided was correct.”

            “If there is nothing else for you to say or do here, I’ll take my leave.” Hyeri went inside. She laid in her bed with her arm over her eyes. “I’m so stupid.” She heard footsteps enter the room.

            “Hyeri-ah.” Minah sat down on the bed across from her, “Let it all out if you are going to cry. Don’t hold it in, it isn’t good for your health.”

            “I’m fine Sister. I’m just tired.”  She tried to keep her tears down, “Please just allow me to sleep.” Minah gets up and leaves.

 

           

            Myungsoo draws the symbol of the necklace on the way home. His father glance over and looked at the drawing. Dr.Kim was surprised at the picture.

            “What is that you are drawing?”

            “Hyeri said that she was left a necklace with this symbol on it. I told her I would look at grandma’s old books. To figure out this symbol.” He looks at his father, “Do you know what this symbol is?”

            “I don’t know.” He focused back on the road, “But whatever you find out, let me know before you tell Hyeri.”

            “Arraso Abeoji.”

            “Oppa,”

            “Hmm?”

            “Does Hyeri-ssi always look like that? The way you describe her she seems to be cheerful but she seems kind of down today.”

            “It was probably because she got into an argument with her employer before coming home.”

 

 

            Minah closed the door to the boy’s room. She walked to her office and pulls out a box from the shelf. She opened the box and pull out a journal from the box. On the journal was the trinity sign.

            “What can I do?” she sighs, “I should give this to her.”

            “I see.” She jumps and looks at the door. There stood a woman about the same age as Hyeri standing at the door, “So what I was told was true.”

            “Who are you?”

            “My name is Kwon Yuri.” She takes sat down across from Minah, “I was told that I would be able to find my cousin by coming to you.”

            “There are many children that comes to this orphanage, I cannot possibly find who your cousin is.” Minah places the lid back on to the box, “If you want to ask those questions please come back in the morning.”

            “The trinity symbol is a sign that my aunt created, who disappeared about 20 years ago.” She stop Minah, “My grandfather and father told me that my aunt was pregnant before disappearing. This is the only orphanage close enough around here.”

            “Kwon Yuri-ssi.” She sighs, “How do you even know that your cousin is alive or not.” Yuri pulled out a blue orb from her pocket. Its blue-purple glow was alluring and beautiful. Minah realized something then and there, “You are a witch.”

            “We prefer to be called wiccans.” Yuri smiles, “Yes I am. And if you know that, then you also know when a Wiccan child is born an orb appears near the place the child is born. It is like our life source, when we die the orb’s light fades out.” Yuri put the orb away, “This was found not two miles away from here in the woods. Also, only the Kwon line has this blue glow.”

            “I’m sorry but we’ll have to talk about this in the morning. It is getting late.”

            “I’ll stay here and wait for you.”

            “Ms. Kwon,” she sighs, “You are more than welcome to sleep in my office, we are all out of beds here. We’ll talk more in the morning.”

            “Thank you.” Minah took the box with her to her bedroom and places it on the table next to her. She sat looking at the box.

            “Boa, what should I do? Even if she doesn’t walk down that path, it seems like it gonna catch up to her.” She sighs

 

­­

            Hyeri washed up and gotten breakfast ready for the kids. Mela ran to help her setup the tables.

            “Unnie.” She looks up at Hyeri, “Are you gonna go to that ajussi’s house again today?”

            “Yes,” Hyeri answered without looking at Mela, “I have to take care of his doggy and take her for a walk. Waeyo? Did you need something?”

            “Unnie,” she tried to act cute, “Can you take me to go and meet HaNeul? I haven’t seen him in a while and I want to play with him.”

            “Mela, has so many other friends to play with here. Why do you need to play with just HaNeul?” Mela sighs,

            “I miss him.”

            “Mela, HaNeul isn’t someone you can just meet whenever you want. His parents are really busy people.” Mela refuses to look at her, “How about this? I’ll ask Sister Minah if we can call his umma to bring him over, arraso?”

            “Jinja?” Hyeri nods and Mela hugs her, “Gomawo unnie.”

            “Now go and finish setting up the table so everyone can eat.”

 

            After breakfast Hyeri went and hung the bedsheets outside. From the corner of her eye she saw a shadow behind one of the sheet.

            “Who is there?” the shadow runs off. She runs towards it, “Come out!”