Chp 27 Worth

Forbidden

            Hyeri was walking down the street looking at the sunset. Her heart feeling heavy because no one understands her. She walks pass the orphanage and enters the gates. The grass around the building were overgrown as if no one lived there for years. The flowerbed was full of weeds. She feels a strong urge to enter the building. She walked over to the back where the empty clothes line swayed with the wind.

            “Dal.” She heard a voice call to her, “Dal.” She didn’t know why the voice kept saying Dal, but she felt like it was talking to her. She followed the sound of the voice to her old room. The voice faded as soon as she got into the room. She was about to leave but her eyes caught onto something shining from her old bed. She walks over and look under her bed to find the necklace.

            “I was wondering where this was.” She wipes the dust off the necklace. As soon as she puts it around her neck a chill went down her spine.

            “Dal.” The voice came from behind her. She slowly turns around and there was no one there.

            “Hello?” she said quietly. She looked around the room, there was no one. She starts to second guess herself if she was actually hearing things. She walks out the building, it was getting dark. The moon was high up in the sky and it reminded her of her Luna. “Luna unnie, I promise I will help break your curse.”

            “Don’t go trying to break someone’s punishment,” She jumped away as she heard the voice and looked around but saw no one, “if you can’t even handle yours.” The voice echoed around her.

            “Who is there?” Hyeri was on high alert. “come out.” She began to frantically look around but saw no one.

            “Oh little one,” the voice tease, “be careful for what you ask for. It might just come true.” Hyeri closes her eyes and tries to focus. The energy that the voice was producing was strong, “Are you scared?” the voice laugh, “Oh ho ho, that is so precious.” Hyeri couldn’t pin point where the voice was coming from. “You can try all you want little one. You won’t be able to get me.” She opens her eyes

            “If you are so confident in yourself why don’t you come out?” she shouted

            “When time is right we will eventually meet.” It sounded confident, “Its not time for us to meet yet. I just came to give you my greeting Go Hyeri.”

            “Who are you?” she was surprised it knew her name

            “A hunter.” The voice said confidently

“Are you the one that trying to hurt me?”

“Hurt you?” the voice sounded offended, “Why would I do that? I want to get to know you.”

“You call this getting to know me?” she pointed at her injured arm

“Oh that, that was a misunderstanding. My colleague got a little too excited.”

“You think that I’ll believe in any of that crap.”

 “if you don’t believe me then I’ll wait til we meet, to give you a proper introduction.” The voice began to fade, “until then Go Hyeri.”  Hyeri stood there for a second making sure the energy was gone. She ran out the gate.

“Arf, Arf.” Hyeri stops and see Luna next to the gate.

“Luna what are you doing here?” Luna walks to her and pulls her by her pants leg, “Ok, ok, I get it. You want me to return to the mansion.” Luna let go of her, “Let’s go.” Luna walked ahead of her.

As they began to head their way back, Hyeri heard the sound of footsteps running towards their direction. Hyeri felt her heart race, after the incident at the orphanage she was still a little shook. She was almost frozen in her spot. She slowly took one step at a time. The sound got closer and closer. “God please just let it be someone taking a night jog.”

“Hyeri,” the voice made her felt relieved, “Is that you?” she looks up and see Jungkook almost breathless.

“Jungkook, what are you doing here?” he walked closer to her. Luna began to back away a little.

“Looking for you.” He sigh in relief, “It been almost three hours since you walked out the house. Everyone is looking for you.”

“Really?”

“C’mon.” he grabs her hand, “Lets head back.” He drags her along. She felt that something was off. Hyeri stops in her track. He turns and looks at her, “What the matter?” Hyeri pry his hand away.

“You aren’t Jungkook, are you?”

“What are you talking about?” he was confused, “If I’m not Jungkook, who am I supposed to be?”

“I don’t who or what you are, but you aren’t Jungkook.” She took a  couple steps back, “Who are you?” Luna began to growl.

“I underestimated you.” He shapeshifted into a whole different person, “You saw right through me.” His smirk sent a chill down her spine, “There is no use in hiding my identity anymore. You, Hyeri must die.” Luna barks at him viciously.

“Who are you?”

“I guess it doesn’t matter if I tell you who I am, because you’ll be dead either way.” He smirks and walks towards her.

“Stay away.” She backed away

“I thought you wanted to know who I was?” he got closer to her. She her heartrate was getting faster. Luna felt her nervous energy and went after him. “Ahh!” she bit his leg.

“Luna!” Hyeri scream

“Stupid dog!” the man kicked Luna making her let go, “That what you deserve.” He focused on Hyeri, “It your turn now.” He charge towards her. Hyeri first instinct was to run, but she saw how Luna struggled to stand. She closes her eyes and tried calming down.

“Levo.” She whispered under breath and with a flick of her wrist the man went flying into a tree. Hyeri ran to Luna and picked her up and ran towards the mansion, “Luna just hang in there alright.” Luna’s eyes were barely open. As they got closer to the mansion Hyeri heard the footstep again. “No.” she tried her best to run faster but failed. The man grabs her shoulder and swings her around. She ends up dropping Luna and got swung on the ground in the other direction hitting her back.

“You little piece of crap.” The guy had blood dripping down the side of his head, “I thought of you as a girl so I was going to make it quick and easy,” he pulled out some kind of weapon, “But now I’m going to have a little fun.” He walks towards her. She looked over to check on Luna and saw her unconscious on the ground farther away from her. She tries to lift up her arm but it stung. She looks and saw blood coming from the old knife wound.

“Please someone.” She cried under her breath, “If not me, someone save Luna.” She looked in the direction of Luna, “I won’t let anyone else get hurt because of me.” She told herself. She looks around and realizes that she was two house down from the mansion. She picks herself up and rings the neighbors’ door bell and runs in the other direction. The man chases after her. “Please someone save her.”

 

Kim Mansion

Yuri was making dinner with one of the maids. Jimin and Jin sat in the living room discuss ways to protect and help Hyeri. Jungkook sat in his room dazed about the situation he was in. The grandfather clock in the mansion rang, and knock him out of his daze. He looks at his watch.

“Its already eight o’clock.” He stood up from his be, “ I should go and apologize to her. She must have been surprised.” He walks towards her room but the light were off. He heard cooking so he head into the kitchen and saw only Yuri and the maids. He heads into the living room and saw his brothers. He heads into the basement, but there was no sign of her. He walks back into the livening room. “Have you seen Hyeri?”

The brothers looked at each other, “Not since she left earlier.” Jimin replied

“You didn’t see or heard her come back in?”  they both shook their head.

“Baryu!” the butler came running in

“You called sire?”

“Have you or anyone seen Ms. Hyeri?”

“Not since she left earlier sire.” Jungkook scratches his head

“So no one has seen or heard from her?” Jungkook was anxious. Yuri walks in with an apron on.

“What is going on?”

“Did Hyeri call you or anything?”

“No. Why?”

DING DONG

            Baryu excuses himself to go open the door. Jungkook looked around, “Where is Luna?”

            “She left with Hyeri on her walk.” One of the maid responded. Baryu runs back, his eyes filled with fear. He couldn’t even hold his composure.

            “What is the matter, Baryu?” Jimin asked

            “It- it,” he pointed at the door, “Lady Luna.” Jin jumped onto his feet, “the neighbors found Lady Luna in front of their house unconscious.” Jungkook walked out first followed by everyone else. The male neighbor held a limp Luna in his arms. Her breathing was shallow.

            “Luna.” Jin was frozen in his spot when he saw her there. Jungkook walked over to the man and quickly examines her over.

            “Do you know what happened?”

            “We found her laying in front of the house, we brought her over after looking at her collar.” The male spoke. Jungkook took Luna from the man. He could still hear her heart beating steadily.

“ We suspected it was hit and run.” The female told them, “Someone rang our doorbell and when we came out she was laying on the ground in front of our fence. They probably thought she was our dog.” As the neighbors explained their story, everyone else was wondering about Hyeri.

“Thank you very much for returning her to us. We will look into it.” Jungkook bows and they closed the door. Jungkook walk into the living room with Luna and places her in the couch, “She is fine.” Jungkook spoke up, “Her heart everything sounds fine, she is just unconscious.” Jin walk over and caresses Luna, but suddenly stops.

“If Luna is here, where is Hyeri?” Yuri wonder. Jin suddenly falls onto his knees.

“Jin!”

“Young master!” Jin looks at Jungkook and grabs his sleeve. Jin’s gaze was filled with fear and tears.

“What is wrong Hyung?”

“Hyeri is in trouble.” Everyone’s ears perk up, “You have to hurry and save her or it will be too late.”

Somewhere

Hyeri ran down the street holding onto her arm. She had scratches on her face and her hair was a mess. The man was following close behind her with minor injuries. “Why don’t you stop running girlie? You are just prolonging your fate.” She tried run, but her legs were getting tired.

“I just need to get a little farther away.” She turns a corner hoping that she lost him. She puts herself in between two buildings and uses her levitation powers to pick up boxes to hide herself. She tried to calm herself down. She reaches into her pants pocket and pulls out a little red pill and puts it in .

            “You can’t hide from me.” The man’s voice was close. “I know you are here somewhere.” He looks around and tried to sense her, but her aura was slowly fading. “You said you wanted to know who I was earlier,” the man scoffs and spot her trail of blood, “ I guess I should answer that question now.” Hyeri closed her eyes and listened, “I am an assassin sent by the Wiccan elder to get rid of you. You would think that they would protect their own, but they have turned their back on you.” He walk closer to the spot Hyeri was hiding, “So even if I don’t kill you, someone will always be there to hunt you down. If you don’t die, the one around you will eventually take your place, one by one.”

The thought of Luna and Minah came to her mind. Someone was always getting hurt because of her. “May I should just let him end it?” He knock the boxes down revealing the her. She didn’t move an inch as he came towards her. He ran to stab her with the dagger, “Goodbye everyone.” he was pulled away by a great force.

            “Get away from her.” She sees Jimin in front of her. “How dare you attack someone under the guard of the Kim household?” He had a sword pointed at the assassin. Yuri ran over to her.

            “Hyeri, are you okay?” She notices the blood from Hyeri’s arm right away, “You’re bleeding.”

            “Yuri, what are you doing here?”

            “We are here to save you, you idiot.” She yells at her. While trying to avoid the assassin’s strike, Jimin slashed him instead; taking off pieces of his clothes. The assassin realize he wasn’t going to win against Jimin ran towards the girls. Yuri notices it and pushes Hyeri out the way.

            “Andwe!” Hyeri yells. Jimin pushes Yuri away and gets stab in the chest with the dagger.

            “Ahh.” He had one hand on the dagger that was in his chest. He stumbles backwards into Yuri’s arms, dropping his sword.

            “Jimin.” She catches him, “Babo, why did you do that?”

            “I’m okay.” The assassin runs at him again. Jimin turns around and hugs Yuri tightly. Hyeri grabs the sword on the ground and runs towards the assassin.

            “I wont let you hurt the one I love and care about.” She runs towards him. There was a sudden bright light that emitted from her necklace. With one strike of the sword it blew the assassin into the brick wall. As soon as he hit the wall he fell onto the ground, motionless. Hyeri looked at her hand not knowing what happened.

            “Jimin.” Yuri yelled. Hyeri turns to see Yuri trying to hold up Jimin by herself. She runs over to help her.

            “Jimin.” Hyeri felt the blood dripping, “Why aren’t you regenerating?”

            “I’ll be fine.” He coughed, “Just get me back to the mansion.” When they turned to leave Hyeri notice that his body wasn’t on the ground anymore.

 

Kim Mansion

            Jin was sitting by Luna. Jungkook stood at the window, waiting for the three to return. “If you were going to be that worried why didn’t you go with them?” Jin walks over to Jungkook.

            “Hyeri can take care of herself.” He turns away from the window, “Also Jimin and Yuri can handle whoever it is.” His face told a different story. Jin could tell that his younger brother was troubled.

            “You want to know what I saw in my premonition?” Jungkook looks at Jin, “Hyeri dies in an alleyway as she hid in fear.” Jungkook felt a lump in his throat, “As she laid in her own blood her final words were, I am sorry Jungkook.” Jungkook look at his brother.

            “Are you messing with me right now?” He was angry

            “When I held onto you earlier, did it look like I was kidding around.” Jungkook looks away, “I felt her fear, her pain, and her loneliness. Is that how you wanted her to go?”

            “She will be fine.”

            “If I didn’t have the premonition, do you think she would be? If those two didn’t bring Luna here we would probably be seeing a dead body now and apologizing to Minah.” Jungkook’s knuckles turned white as he tried to hold back his emotions. Their attention was taken by the sound of an open door.

            “Help!” they ran to the door as they heard Yuri cry out. They saw Yuri trying to hold Jimin up, with the dagger still in his chest. Jungkook and Jin ran to help support Jimin but he stop Jungkook.

            “Go help Hyeri.” Jimin gesture towards the door. Hyeri sat on the other side of door with her head against the door barely conscious. “She lost a lot of blood.”

“Go, Jungkook.” Jin place Jimin’s arm over his shoulder, “I got Jimin .” Jungkook goes to her. Jin looks at his brother and notice how much blood there was, “Why aren’t you healing?”

“Molla.” Jimin shook his head

“This isn’t good.” He helps carry Jimin to the living room.

            Jungkook races over to the door, he felt he couldn’t get to her fast enough. “Hyeri.” She looks up at him, “Can you hear me?” her skin was pale and the blood on her arm was barely dry. The stench of the blood heighten his senses.

            “Jungkook.” She could barely keep her eyes open, “Luna.” His heart raced. “Is Luna okay?”

“She is fine. She is resting in the living room.”

“That is good.” She sighs and readjusts her position, “I feel dizzy.” He saw that her wound had reopened and she had a couple scratches all over her body and face.

            “Let me help you.” He tries to pick her up but she refuse.

            “I got it.” She uses the door and struggles to pick herself up. Jungkook takes one of her arm and puts it over his shoulder and a hand around his waist. She looks at him.

            “Don’t think anything about it.” He didn’t look at her, “I’m just helping you out.”