Chp 10 Change

Forbidden

            Jin stayed by Luna’s side the entire time. He watched her every breath and would flinch at the tiniest movements she made. Jin heard a knock at the door and saw Jimin standing there. He walks over to Jimin with a heavy heart.

            “What the matter?”

            “Sister Minah just called and was wondering if we happen to have seen Hyeri?”

            “What happened?” Jin was confused, “Don’t tell me JungKook did something?”

            “Sister Minah didn’t say anything about that but she sounded very anxious. She wanted us to go and look for Hyeri if we could.” Jin and Jimin looks at Luna lying on the bed. He put his hand on Jin’s shoulder, “It is okay if you don’t want to, I’ll go, and you stay here with her.”

            “Make sure Jungkook hasn’t done anything stupid yet.” Jimins nods and leaves his brother.

            Jin walks back to sit by Luna’s side. He pets her on her head and a tear drops from his eyes. Luna’s eyes slowly open.

 

 

            Hyeri was walking slowly in the street with all the strength she had in her. Her head was banging, and her vision was almost blurred. Hyeri walks towards the woods by a park near the orphanage. As she ventures deeper into the woods it gets darker and more dangerous for her. She hears the animals crying and the trees rustling through the wind. She finds herself near a cave and safely enters and sits by the opening. The cave was dark, dirty and cold.

            “I’m…a…witch.” She laughs through her pain, “a vampire, and a wolf.” She cries a little and looks at her hand, “I’m a monster.”

 

 

            “Hyeri-ah!” Minah and Julia checks around the orphanage and close neighborhoods for Hyeri, “Hyeri-ah!” Minah becomes worried. “Where can she be?”

            “Hyeri-ah!” Yuri and Jimin checks closer to the Kim’s Mansion.

            “Where are you Hyeri!” Jungkook, Myungsoo, and YeEum checks the parks around the nearby neighborhoods. Myungsoo is most worried. “Hyeri, can you hear me?” Jungkook walks side by side looking but feels it is unnecessary to be yelling for her. Myungsoo becomes worried for her safety.

            “We’ll find her.” YeEum encourages him. She looks around for any sign of Hyeri.

            “Why don’t you just use your sense of smell to find her?” Jungkook said

            “What about you?” Myungsoo was a little ticked off, “Why do you use your sense for blood to find her? At least I’m trying to look for her instead of just walking around like an idiot.”

            “I’m only looking for her to make sure what they say is really true.”          

            “Hyeri will never harm Luna. She loves animals and she will never hurt her.”

            “That explains a lot.” Jungkook mumbles under his breath.

            Everyone is running around looking but no one can seem to find her. Everyone met up at the orphanage as soon as it got too dark to find her. Minah waited anxiously for everyone to get back, but everyone returns empty handed.

            “Where can she be?” Minah paced around the room, “It already dark outside.”

            “Minah, relax.” Julia tries to calm her down. She turns her head to look at Myungsoo, “Are you not able to smell her out?”

            “I’m not like my father.” Myungsoo sounded upset, “I can’t turn by will. I never know when I will turn. I can only have those ability when it gets close to time.”

            “So, you are of no use?” Jungkook commented

            “And you are so helpful? You haven’t done anything except for complain about every single little thing like a little girl!” Myungsoo stood up to his face, “People…correction creatures like you are the reason why I despise your kind. Just because you lived longer and are supposed to be the most beautiful, you think you can look down on others. Maybe it is because your kind…don’t have a beating heart.” YeEum pulls Myungsoo to sit down.

            “Let stop arguing and figure out how to find Hyeri.” Minah yells

            “Can’t you find her?” ask Jungkook, “You apparently know so much.”

            “I can only know a person by seeing them face to face.”

            “Luna can find her.” Jimin volunteers Luna, “She is weak, but she can.”

            “Hyung, no.”

            “Jungkook, it isn’t time to argue about these things. If Hyeri is as powerful as Sister Minah says, then we need to find her before she can harm anyone.”

            “Luna is in no condition to be up walking around.”  Jimin’s phone goes off

            “Hello, Jin hyung.”

            “Have you guys found her yet?” Jin said from the other side of the phone

            “No luck.”

            “Luna and I are on our way to the orphanage right now.”

            “Arraso hyung.”

 

 

            Hyeri’s body felt less heavy and she was a lot more energized. She walked out of the cave. She was still afraid to even touch anything. She took slow steps and was careful with every movement she made. The moonlight lite her pathway as she walked through the woods. The gentle breeze rustles the leaves on the trees.

            “It already night time?” she said softly to herself, “I’m must have slept for a long time?” she hears a twig snap from behind her. She turns quickly and sees glowing yellow eyes looking at her “Who are you?” she backed up slowly. The dark silhouette walked out from the shadow, there was a wolf and not far from him was his pack. In panic she picks up a thick branch next to her “Keep away!” she swung at the pack but instead of running they surrounded her. One ran to attack her, “Ahh!” she swung with her eyes closed and her heart beating 1000 beats per minute. She heard more steps running in her direction. “Please someone save me.” She prayed. Another one lunges at her.

            “Hyeri watch out!” someone shouted and caught her by surprise. Luna tackled the wolf and stood in front of Hyeri with her teeth baring at the wolves. Yuri, Myungsoo and the Kim brothers run out from the shadows and surrounds her. Yuri hugs her, “Are you okay?”

            “Yuri-unnie.”

            “No time to speak, we need to hurry and get out of here.” Myungsoo held a bat in his hands.

The wolves began to lunge at the group and soon it was an all-out battle. Hyeri stood in the middle helplessly watching everyone put their lives on the line. She kept her eyes on Luna especially. Luna was getting attacked by two wolves. Hyeri felt her blood boil and her heart race at the sight of her friends getting hurt. As soon as another wolf tried to jump on Luna it was thrown to the side with a great force, hitting another wolf. Everyone noticed how different the tension of the place became, even the wolves knew and ran off. Everyone’s eyes were on Hyeri, her eyes were a deep blue, her hair was sliver, she had fangs like a vampire and her hands were like claws. No one dear approach her.

“Hyeri?” Yuri walked up to her slowly, but she stops as Hyeri gaze was place on her. Luna slowly approaches her and looks at her in the eyes. Hyeri got down onto Luna’s level and bow her head. Luna sniffs her, and she returns to her human form.

“Hyeri.” Jimin said softly. Hyeri fell over next to Luna. Myungsoo runs to her side and picks her up.

 

 

            All the guys sat out in the living room waiting for Minah to come back with news. Luna slept on the couch next to Jin, exhausted from the fight. Julia had already gone home. The girls walk into the room catching everyone’s attention.

            “How is she?” asked Myungsoo

            “She is fine.” YeEum told Myungsoo, “She is just resting from exhaustion.” Everyone had a sigh of relief.

            “So, does anyone else wants an explanation to what the heck was that she turned into out there?” Jungkook said

            “It was her true form.” Said Yuri, “That is the only way I can explain it. Every supernatural being has a true form and that was what Hyeri’s looked like.”

            “Hyeri can’t control her powers yet so we can’t be so sure as to when she will turn into this again.” Said Minah, “I’m going to need everyone’s help to keep this as a secret. Hyeri is going to need lesson from all three clans. I alone cannot teach her.”

            “I think Hyeri should stay with someone else for the time being.” Jin suggested, “Being at the orphanage isn’t safe for her or the other children. She can unintentionally harm someone.”

            “What do you suggest?” asked Minah

            “Since Myungsoo can’t take her for now and Yuri can’t take her back to her clan, I as the head of the household will take Hyeri into my home.”

            “Are you sure that is okay?” said Minah

            “Hyeri is no stranger to my family. We’ll do our best to help her learn to control her powers.”

            “I object.” Yuri said, “She is my family and I should have the rights to take her.”

            “I agree with her.” Said Myungsoo

            “I disagree.” Said Jin, “If I remember correctly it was the Wiccans that were trying to chase her family, was it not? If you don’t go to the village where else would you go?” he looks at Myungsoo, “Everyone know Hyeri in your village and would be curious about why she is staying there. Plus, you are supposed to be on your way to your one-month honeymoon, what is she supposed to do til then.”

            “Hyeri is part vampire too, what makes you think she will be safe there?”

            “In my home there are only my brothers and servants. Only we will know about Hyeri’s situation. I also think it is safer since we still don’t know who attacked Hyeri and Luna.” He looks at Minah, “Don’t you agree?”

            “Take her with you.” Minah took a deep breath, “Please take care of her.”

 

 

            Minah awoke the next morning not in her room. The room was beautifully decorated with antiques and designer pieces.

            “Where am I?” she said to herself. She quickly remembers what had happened the night before and jumps out of bed. She rushes to the door to be tackled by Luna. Luna and crawls all over her “Luna.” She smiles, but it faded quickly, “If Luna is here then that must mean…”

            “Good Morning Hyeri.” Jimin offers his hand to help her up

            “Jimin-ssi, what am I doing here?”

            “Let’s talk after breakfast, okay?” Hyeri followed Jimin with a good amount of distance between them. At the dining table sat Jin and Jungkook with their glasses of wine. A plate of food sat at Jin side. Jin smiles at her as she walks in, he notion for her to sit next to him. She walks to the seat next to him and sits down. She looks down at the food in front of her then looks at everyone else.

            “Go ahead and eat comfortably.” Jin said, “After you eat we’ll talk.” Hyeri ate like she hasn’t eaten for days. After she was done eating they all sat at the table getting ready to talk.

            “So… the reason why you are her is-.” Jin got cut off by Hyeri

            “Because of my situation, isn’t it?” she said awkwardly

            “Yes, Sister Minah told us to look after you and teach you how to control your powers. It going to be hard since your powers have been sealed for so long, but it will work little by little.”

            “Is there a way for me to get rid of my powers?”

            “There has never been anyone that has gotten rid of their powers before. So I don’t think I’ll be able to help with that. The only thing I can help with is to control what powers you already have.” Hyeri stood up

            “I’ll like to have some time to think about this.” She bows and leaves the table. She walks outside and sits on the porch. She looks at her hand, “Why? Why must I have this?” Jungkook goes and sit next to her.

            “When I was younger I always hated being a vampire, because I could never be friends for long. My powers were also a problem because I couldn’t control it and I feared hurting others too.”

            “I’m just afraid that I won’t be able to control my powers.”

            “If you believed that supernatural creatures can live together in harmony without harming humans then you must believe in yourself too.” Hyeri looks at Jungkook, “I can be the one to teach you if you want?”

            “You be my teacher?”

            “Hey, take it or leave it.”

            “Thanks.” Her smiles make Jungkook cold heart tremble

 

            Hyeri went to her room, everything was already unpacked and set up in her room. She lays on her bed and closes her eyes. She remembers the way she looked when her true form was revealed. She opens her eyes and sat right up, her heart beating fast. There was a knock on the door. “Come in.” Jin walks in with Luna.

            “How are you feeling?”

            “Better now.”

            “That is good.” He hands her the book in his hands, “Sister Minah said that this was your mother’s spell book, she wanted me to give it to you.”

            “Thank you.” She takes the book and holds it closer to her

            “I’ve met your mother before.” She was surprised, “She was a beautiful woman and kind hearted just like you.”

            “How did you meet my mother?” she was curious. Jin looks up at her with a sigh.

            “I knew your mother because your father was my cousin’s fiancé.” He tries to smile, “Your father and I were friends, but your father disapproves about how vampire lived. After the arranged marriage was set your father didn’t come home all night. I remember the day he finally came home…” he sighs, “That was the first time in a long that I saw a genuine smile on his face. He had told me that he meet the most beautiful creature in his entire lifetime. But the relationship between them was forbidden. I meet your mother for the first time when she was 18 and again when they both disappeared.” He was saddened by the memory

            “If you don’t mind me asking?” he looks at her. “What was my father like?” Jin thought about it for a second. Flashes of memories went through his mind.

            “You father was a strong, brave and honest man. Someone that is not easily forgotten.” Hyeri study his face.

            “Gomawo.” She smiles. Jin looked confused

            “For what?”

            “For keep his memory alive.”