Chp 31 Ignorance

Forbidden

“Is there someone else with you?” Jungkook says nothing and looks behind him. Luna was in her human form.

“The barrier seems to have temporarily lift the curse.” Jungkook smirks at his brother. She looks at him and smiles. “Go spend some time with her. Comeback later.” Jin walks outside and Jungkook closes the door behind him. He walks towards the other three.

“I thought you wouldn’t be joining us?” Jimin smiles

“I couldn’t let you guys fight these creatures by yourself.” Jungkook had a cocky smile as he walks towards his room.

Luna and Jin walks back into the house hand in hand. Hyeri and Yuri were so happy to see her; they ran over to Luna. “Luna!” Hyeri hugs her. The girls were laughing in joy.

“Hey.” She smiled

“How is this possible?” Hyeri was speechless

“I don’t know. As soon as we cross the border onto the mountain I felt weird. It not like my usually transformation. I felt warm all over and then suddenly I became my normal self again.”

“It is because of the magic barrier.” Hyeri was shocked.

“That what keeps the monsters in and humans out. The barrier is supposed to suppress the creature magical powers, but not their strength. Who would have thought that it could suppress magical curses. ” Jin smiled from ear to ear and puts his arm around Luna “You guys don’t get too comfy. Tomorrow morning we head into the woods and start training.” Luna unwraps his arm from around her; it surprised him.

“You should start prepping for the training tomorrow.” She walks over towards the girl, “I’m going to hang out with the girls tonight and give them some advice.” Jin sighs in disappointment.

“Arraso. But don’t keep my student up too late.”

“I won’t.” He goes and gives her a kiss on the forehead. He grabs Jimin by the shoulder, “Kaja.”

“Why do I have to go with you?”

“Because she wants to ‘hang out’, with her girls. So we have to leave them alone.” He drags Jimin away.

 

The girls went and sat in the living room area. Luna brings over a laptop and opens up a page. She sit back and looks at the two girls.

“So, the reason why I wanted to talk to you guys was because you two have never been here before.” The girl stayed quiet, “As you probably know Red Mountain is a powerful and mystical place. This training ground is only open up to the supernatural. Humans, who somehow gets in, eventually gets lost and we have to guide them back out of the border. The creatures that we face out there are wild. They have little to no human contact, it is survival of the fittest out there. One wrong move and that could be the end.”

“Do you have an idea of what we are up against?”

“There are different levels, even the lowest level are hard to beat. That is why few supernatural beings come here. If you see one of the creatures, attack them before they get you. If you aren’t strong enough run or hide.” She hands them a spray bottle.

“What is this?” Hyeri ask

“This is to help cover your sense. These creatures don’t rely on vision too much. They rely on the their sense of smell more. When you go and hide spray it all over your body. Also, always stay in at least a pair. So that you can have each other’s back.”

“How do you know so much?”

“I trained here… before I was cursed.”

“Did you meet Jin here?” She thought about it.

“You can say that.” She smile at the thought.

“So you didn’t meet at the wedding?”

“We met each other here first. We didn’t know who each other was. We just passed by each other while training here. Just like back in town, everyone is neutral here. Everyone just mind their own business.”

“So you didn’t know each other at all?”

“Beside that he was a vampire and I was a werewolf.” She shook her head. “In the supernatural world everyone talked about Kim HeeChul’s son, Kim Seok Jin. Strong, intelligent and beautiful like his father. Subtle and proper like his mother. He never looked at women the way his father did.”

“That is kind of sweet and interesting.” Yuri spoke up

“What about you and Jimin?” ask Luna

“Me and Jimin?” Yuri face was turning red. Luna and Hyeri just smiled at her.

“Just because I am in my cursed form doesn’t mean I can’t tell what is going on.” Luna chuckles and Yuri avoid her gaze, “I see the way you two interact with each other and how you two look at each other?”

“I thought I was the only one.” Hyeri smiles

“I have no idea what you two are talking about.” Yuri stuttered. The two girls laugh at her.

 

The Next Day

Hyeri was packing up her backpack for the trip. She wore a jacket and boots, with a cap. She walks downstairs to join everyone else. “Sorry for being late.”

“Any later and we might not get there til dark?” Jimin joked

“Is it that far away!” Hyeri was sorry

“Ani.” Jin laughs, “But we should get going if we want to be able to settle down and make camp.” Everyone gets up and followed Jin’s lead to the door. He opens the door and sees a girl standing with her back facing the door, “Can I help you?” The girl turns around and smiles at him.

“Hello.” She smiles

“Isabell.” Everyone attention was on her. Jungkook looked annoyed, “What are you doing here?”

“Baryu said you guys came up here to train so I decided to come along too.” She walks pass Jin and walks right over to Jungkook, “Also, I didn’t want my fiancé training alone.” Hyeri watches as Isabell wraps her arm around his. He slips his arm out of hers.

“Why are you here?”

“Why can’t I be here?” she smirks, “This training ground is open up for anyone. Just not you guys.” She looks at the girls, “If these girls can stay around you, why can’t I? They aren’t even vampires.” She smirks and walk towards Hyeri, “What would happen if I was to let your father know that his three sons are hanging out with other supernatural beings?” she looks at Jimin, “He wouldn’t be too happy with that, now will he?”

“What the hell are you trying to do?” Jungkook spoke sternly

“Nothing.” She smirks

“It okay.” Hyeri spoke up, “Isabell should train with us. The more of us the better anyways.” Hyeri smiles, “We should get going before the sunsets on us.” Hyeri walks out first, followed by the other girls. She felt upset for some reason.

“Where are you going?” Luna stops her

“Just walking out first.” Hyeri looks at her trying to hide her feelings, “Luna since you know this area better why don’t you lead.” Jin walks out to the girls.

“Are you guys really okay with Isabell coming with us?”

“It fine.” Hyeri smiles, “It gives us a chance to know her better.” Hyeri continues to walk behind Luna.

Jungkook walks out the cabin with Isabell glue to his tail. “Why can’t you just go on your own?”

“I’ll shall let you know Jeon Jungkook, that no one and I mean no one dumps So Isabell.”

“Well, I guess I’ll be the first.” He walks away.

“You think I don’t know who you got your eyes on.” He stops and she walks up to him, “I maybe an illegitimate princess but I am not idiot.” She smirks, “I can tell that you like that Hyeri girl, I don’t know what she is but she is no vampire. You know that it also impossible between you two.”

“What are you planning?”

“Nothing.” She walks pass him, “I just want you to know that I am not someone you want to mess with Jungkook.” She leaves him behind.

 

As they reached their destination, everyone began to set up camp. Yuri used her magic to set up the girls’ tent. Luna went to fetch some water at the nearby stream. Hyeri walked back with fire wood and set it next to Jimin. Jimin was getting the fire started.

“Why did you carry so much by yourself?” He looked at the pile of wood that she places near him.

“It isn’t even that much.” She patted the dirt off her hands as she looked around, “Where is Jin?”

“He went off to find Luna.” Jimin smiles, “he can’t seem to keep away from her.”

“Give him a break.” Hyeri smiles, “It is only once in a while that they get to be together like this.” She place the wood in a neat pile, “Shouldn’t they be careful since Isabell is around.”

“They’ll come up with something.” Jimin was fanning the flame, “She never really pays attention to anyone else except Jungkook.” She looked around and notice that they were nowhere to be seen. Jmin notices her curiosity “What is the matter?”

“I just notice that they aren’t here.”

“He is probably helping her set up her tent.”

“Oh…” Hyeri was surprised, “She isn’t sleeping with us?”

“Ha.” Jimin laughed, “She will probably die first before she will share a tent with you girls.” Jimin notices the sigh in her voice

“So when do we start our official training?”

“We just have to wait for Jin and everyone.” The wind began to blow and then suddenly stops. Everything seems to become quiet, the chirping of the birds becomes silent.

“What was that?” Hyeri looks at Jimin

“It is a lot closer than I thought.” Jimin stands up and pat the dirt off his hand. Jungkook jogs over.

“Hyung.” He seemed panicked. Isabell wasn’t too far behind him.

“I know.” Jimin kicks some dirt onto the fire trying to kill it.

“Hey, what are you doing?” Hyeri shouted

“Close your eyes and listen.” Jimin spoke to her softly

“Listen to what?”

“Your surroundings.” Jungkook looks at her. She took a deep breath and closed her eyes. Within second everything became quiet around her; even the wind was silent. She tried hard to focus on one sound, but she heard nothing.

“I can’t hear it.”

“Try harder.” Hyeri closes her eyes, “Let everything fade around you and listen closely.” Hyeri tried again and still she couldn’t hear it. Her head was starting to hurt.

“I can’t” she took a deep breath

“Try harder!” Jungkook shouts at her

“I can’t.” she was frustrated, “I can’t hear anything.” Jungkook looks away from her in frustration. Jin and Luna walks over hand in hand.

“It no use.” Jungkook was pissed, “It already gone.”

“what is the matter?”

“Nothing.” Hyeri sighs, “Just having a difficult time trying use my powers.” She gives Jungkook the death stare. Jungkook just ignores her. Luna walks over to her and grabs her hand.

“Hyeri why don’t we leave the fire making to the boys. You and I will go and scavenge for things to eat and use while we are out here.” She hangs on tight to Hyeri.

“Let me go with you guys.” Jin walks towards her, “It isn’t safe for you girls to be alone.”

“Ani.” Jin stops, “Only Hyeri and I can go. You stay with your brother and watch over the camp.” She drag Hyeri back towards the wood and wave the boys goodbye.

 

Hyeri and Luna had a basket. Luna watched the way that Hyeri walked. Her steps were slow and her eyes stayed on the ground she walked. “Hyeri.” She spoke out, “Hyeri!” she look up at Luna “What is the matter with you?” Luna asked her.

“What are you talking about?” Hyeri picks a lead from the tree.

“Do you really not like Jungkook?” Hyeri stayed quiet and kept playing with the leaf in her hand, “Hyeri.”

“Hmm?”

“Do you remember when you and I met that assassin near the orphanage?” Hyeri stopped for a second as the memory came through her mind.

“yeah.” She answered quietly.

“How did you know that he wasn’t the real Jungkook?” Hyeri didn’t say a word, “Even I wasn’t really able to tell who he was by smell. How were you able to tell he wasn’t Jungkook?”

“His heartbeat.” She sighs, “Also by his hand.”

“Heartbeat?” Luna was confused. Hyeri nods as she looked around for more goods.

“When I first found out my ability the first thing I notice was everyone’s heartbeat. I didn’t know what I was hearing at first but I came to find out that it was the heartbeat.”

“But I thought vampire didn’t have a beating heart.”

“They do, their heartbeat are just a lot slower and quieter.” Hyeri stares at her hand. She remember the cold feeling that came from the assassin when he held onto her hand. It didn’t spark anything inside of her, nor did it give her butterflies- it was just empty. Luna notice the way that she looked at her hand. Hyeri felt a warm sensation in her chest that made her happy. “Unnie, can I ask you question?”

“Go for it?”

“How would you describe the way you feel about Jin?” Luna smiles

“Why the sudden question?”

“I was just wondering?” Luna picks up a flower and looks at it.

“A flame.” She smiles, “It is a beautiful thing that captures anyone’s attention, it shines brightly and it makes you feel warm inside.” She looks at Hyeri, “It is constantly wavering, sometimes it dies down and sometimes it grow strong.” Luna sighs, “But with one wrong move it can destroy everything you cherish.” She looks at Hyeri, “There are no exact words to describe how I feel, because it is constantly changing.” She hand the flower over to Hyeri, “For everyone it is different.” Hyeri stare at the flower.

“I hope I find that feeling one day.”

“Be careful with what you wish for.” Luna smiles at her, “Just as it shine brightly, once that flame go out all that you are surrounded with is darkness and a void.”

THUMP

“Hyeri!”