Chp 3 History

Forbidden

            Jimin is in the kitchen cooking for lunch. Luna sitting around waiting for scraps looking up at him. Jungkook walks into the kitchen.

            “What is with the food?” he walks towards and grabs a wine bottle. “You don’t ever really cook…unless.” He grabs a cup from the cabinet, “Is our little human coming?”

            “I’m inviting her for lunch because of the incident yesterday.”

            “Oh.” Jungkook sit down on the stool, “You are talking about when you had the rush.” Jungkook smirks, “I was wondering why you ran home.”

            “shut it Jungkook.”

            “I don’t understand why you invited her for lunch, we barely eat human food.”

            “Well,” Jungkook through some meat into the pot, “We are tonight.”

            “Do you even know how to cook?”

            “It is called YouTube bro.” Jimin smiles, “You are more than welcome to eat with us.”

            “No thank you.” Jungkook stood up with his glass in his hand, “Have fun on your little ‘date’” Luna ran off.

            “Hello?” her voice froze Jungkook, “Baryu, let me in.” she walked through the kitchen door with a yellow dress with her hair down, “Hello Jungkook ssi.” Jungkook notice a different smell that came from Hyeri. It was a unique smell but faint.

            “On second thought hyung,” he spoke without turning back, “I will be dining with you and Ms. Hyeri this afternoon.” She walks up next to Jungkook

            “What are you making?” she asked

            “Nothing much just some stew, tteoboki and bulgogi.”

            “Can I help you?”

            “It is okay I got it.” he smiles at her. “You and Jungkook can set up the table, arraso?” he looks at Jungkook.

 Jungkook rolled his eyes but got up anyways to grab plates. Hyeri follows Jungkook to grab the plates and the silverware. She set the plate down at the island that Jungkook sat down at. After they set the table she sat down next to Jungkook nervously. He tried to mind his own business but was bother by the scent of her.

“Jungkook!”

“Huh!” he looked at Jimin

“Do you want some food?” he cleared his throat and regain his posture

“If I didn’t want food, why would I be sitting here?”

“Then hand me your plate.” Jungkook handed Jimin his plate. Hyeri waited for them to be settled down and ready to eat. Jimin sat down on the other side of Hyeri, “I’m not the best cook so hopefully it is to your liking.” She took a bit of the bulgogi and smiled, “how is it?”

“It is pretty good.” She smiles, “You’re not a bad cook.”

“That is a relief.” She took a bit of the spicy rice cake. The guys observe her and she began to turn red. She grabs for her glass of water but ended up grabbing Jungkook’s glass and gulped it down. The boys were both surprised and scared. “Are you okay?”

“It was good, it was just a lot spicier than I imagine.” She notices the look on both of the guys’ face, “Is something the matter?” he points at her hand with the cup

“You just down Jungkook’s wine.” She looked at her hand and was so embarrassed, “Are you feeling okay?”

“What?” she was still dazed, “It is just wine.”

“The wine we make for the family is special. Most people that drinks it either becomes nausea or passes out from the taste.” Jimin was worried, but Jungkook became quite curious

“I feel fine.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yea, I wasn’t thinking and grabbed the glass.” She looks at Jungkook, “I’m sorry I thought it was my glass of water, I didn’t think it was your wine.”

“Just be careful next time.” he said sternly. Jimin saw the beaded bracelet on Hyeri’s wrist, “That bracelet seems kind of old. Did a kid at the orphanage make that for you?”

“A kid did make it for me about 12 years ago.”

“Who?”

“My friend, he is actually the son of the doctor that volunteers at the orphanage. When I was at the orphanage wondering when I was going to adopted he gave me hope.” She smiles and started to blush, “He eventually became the reason I didn’t mind staying at the orphanage.”

“Seems like you like him.” said Jungkook

“I do but my feelings are one-sided.” Her smile faded.

 

            Jimin walked Hyeri to the car after walking Luna around the block. As the car left the premises Jimin couldn’t help but worry as he walked back inside. Jungkook was sitting on the couch with another glass of wine on the table.

            “Hyung.” Jimin stops, “How was she?”

            “She looked fine to me.” Jungkook gets up and walks over to Jimin

            “Do you not find it weird that she didn’t notice the taste nor did she pass out?”

            “What is it to you?”

            “Remember the last time, that dog sitter we found on the kitchen floor, we had to take him to the emergency. And he wasn’t the only one.” he smiles, “Also if you haven’t notice she has a rather unique smell about her; one that seems familiar yet different.”

            “What are you saying?”

            “I’m saying she might not be who we think she is.” Jungkook walked to his room with his glass in his hand. When he got there Luna was laying on his bed keeping an eye on him. He set his wineglass on his desk. He pulls out a book from his bottom shelf and a secret passage open. Jungkook walks into the room and sits at his desk. He opens a big leather book and flipped to a page with his ancestors’ history written all over it.

 

 

Hyeri lays down on her bed. The weird thing was that she felt like she had a lot more than energy than she usually would have. She spread her body over her bed and felt a box. She gets up and looks at it. It was a small jewelry box. She opens it and sees a necklace with the sign of the trinity on it, it was made completely of silver. She felt like the necklace was familiar to her. When she touches the necklace, she felt a surge of energy go through her body; she drops the box.

            Hyeri had the box in her hand looking for Minah all over the orphanage. She finds Minah in the library reading.

            “Sister?” Minah looks up and sees Hyeri, “Can I come in?”

            “Come on in.” Hyeri walks in and sits next to Minah, “What seems to be the matter?”

            “I found this box on my bed.” she shows Minah the box. Minah took the box in surprise, “Does it belong to you?”

            “Actually, Hyeri this belongs to you.” Minah picks up the necklace, “This necklace was with you the day you came here.”

            “Why did you not give it to me earlier?”

            “Hyeri…” she hesitates, “I’ll tell you another time it is getting late.”

 

            “I’m surprise you still read that.” Jin walked in with Jimin behind him, “What got you interested in reading that old thing suddenly?”

            “Why are you two in here?”

            “Because I can, you don’t own this house you know.” Jungkook just sighs, “So answer the question?” Jin crosses his arms waiting for an answer.

            “I was just looking up about the forbidden rule.” Jin smirks and chuckles

            “And why would you want to know about that?” Jungkook was annoyed, “You could have asked me, I would have told you. You know I’ve been around a lot longer than you, fifty years to be exact.”

            “You don’t have to tell me I will look it up for myself.” He keeps flipping through the pages.

            “The rule is that you are to only marry your own kind and human only, since they don’t have any special power, if anyone was to break this rule they will be executed.” A lady walks in.

“Luna.” The boys were surprised to see her in her human form. She had tan skin that made her greyish white hair seem to glow. She had blue crystal eyes.

 “This rule was made with all the elders of each clan: the witch, werewolves and vampires at that time.” She stood between all the boys, “The rule was made in fear that one nation might get stronger than the other if there were going to be hybrids.”

“Has it happened before?” She looks at Jimin

“I’m not sure if it has, but I heard that about a century ago the daughter of a wizard and the son of a Lykan met at the annual peace ball and fell in love. But due to the rule, they kept their feelings to themselves. Especially with their status it would have gotten both clans into trouble. Apparently when things died down they both disappeared. Many people say that they eloped, other said they were like Romeo and Juliet and committed suicide.”

“What do you think?” asked Jin.

“It doesn’t matter what I think. What I know is that if it really does happen the clans involved will be punished and the individuals will be either be executed or separated.” She looked deep into Jin’s eyes.

“Luna,” Jimin asked “what do you think about Hyeri? Do you notice anything off about her since you’ve been with her?”

“As you already know,” she scoffs, “I can’t remember much when I am in that form.” Her face saddens, “All I know is that when I see her I feel some sort of fear yet warmth inside. Her scent is different, not just from human but everyone else. But I don’t think she is any kind of threat to you guys…yet.”

 

 

            Jimin and Jungkook sat in the living room with their legs up on the table. Jungkook starts chuckling.

            “What is so funny?”

            “Nothing.”

            “It sure seems that something is funny.” Jungkook avoided his gaze at all cost, “Are you curious about Hyeri?”

            “What if I am?”

            “What are you planning on doing?”

            “I’m very curious to why she is so different.” Jungkook stood up and pats his brother on the shoulder, “Let just say that I might find Ms. Go a little interesting.” He walks up the stairs towards his bedroom and saw Luna and Jin hugging.

 

 

            Luna was sitting by the window as Jin walks up behind her. He places his hand on her shoulder. She places a hand on his.

            “I miss you.” Said Luna

            “I miss seeing you in this form.” He smiles

            “Did you forget that tonight was going to be a full moon?” she sounded upset

            “I will never forget a full moon ever, it is the only thing I look forward to.” He places his head on her shoulder, “When will this end?” he sighs, “I can’t stand the fact that you have to be with Jungkook most of the time.”

            “That was a part of the deal.” She sighs, “If we were to be together this is the only way. I stay in my wolf form until the night of the full moon and until then I must protect your brother. I don’t and won’t remember anything. But I can tell the curse is wearing off slowly. I’m starting to remember small things.” She stands up and hugs Jin, “Like every single time I promise you that I will never forget you.” Jin lift her chin to look into her eyes.

            “I will wait til the day we can be together.” He looked like he was about to cry. She slowly closed her eyes and he kisses her on the forehead and then hugs her. Jungkook saw everything through the crack of the door and was continues to walk towards his room.