Chp23 Choices

Forbidden

            “I am Kwon JiWoo.” Everyone was in disbelief.

            “You are joking right?” Hyeri sighs, “How do I know that you are telling the truth and not kidding around?”

            “Mee trusted her daughter with you for a reason. That means that I can trust you too.” Hyeri didn’t really believe her “Why did you think I helped you guys when you were in trouble? I had to make sure you guys weren’t Hunters looking for information on the two.”

            “Anyone from this village would have known that.”

            “She has a scar on her hand. It from when we went up the mountain to gather herb.” JiWoo was stern, “She would have probably told you that I was so scared that I cried, when she was bleeding so hard. I thought she was going to die.”

            “So why did you hid your identity from us?” She asked

            “Anyone would have claim different identities to get information on them. I had to make sure.” Jiwoo sighs, “Since you have their child I can only think the worse.” Everyone avoided eye contact.

            “We were ambushed right after she had given birth and told us to escape with the child.” Jin spoke up, “ Mee told us where to look for you. She wanted you to take care of her daughter as your own.” JiWoo just nodded and turned around. The room was filled with the sound of sniffles.

            As Hyeri lays down with Boa in her arms, she caresses the infant’s face. A tear slips from the corner of her eye. “Umma, I’ve brought you to your safe haven.” She tried to fight the tears back, “I’m glad I could do something for you, as your daughter. I hope you find dad and live a happy life. I love you umma.” Boa grabs onto Hyeri’s finger, it made her heart jump. “I love you, umma.” With the blink of an eye she wakes up in Jin’s room wiping her tears away. There she notices two strings that were tied to her hand. She followed the other string  to her side and sees Jungkook still fast asleep next to her. As if for the first time she noticed his beauty and the soft look on his face. His high nose bridge and flawless skin, yet he still had a masculine side to him. She clutches at her chest and sits up, trying to breathe.

            “Hyeri-a.” Yuri finally notices she was awake and walks over, delighted, “Hyeri-a.” she noticed something was off. Hyeri was trying to breathe through the pain, “Hyeri, what is wrong?” Hyeri  took some deep breathe to calm the pain in her chest.

            “Hyeri-a.” Jungkook sat up, “what is the matter?”

            “I’m fine.” Hyeri removes the strings from her hand. She kneeled by the side of the bed and tries to wake up Jin, “Jin-ssi.” She shook him a little bit, “Jin, wake up.” Jin’s eyes opened slowly. Hyeri was relieved. “That is great.”

            “Hyeri-ssi.” He turns his head to look at her

            “Hyung.” Jungkook moves over to the bed, “How are you feeling?”

            “I had the weirdest dream.” His voice was very soft and hoarse from being dry, “I had a dream you, Hyeri and I saved a couple in the woods.” Jungkook and Hyeri just chuckles

            “It was  somewhat of a dream.” Hyeri chuckles, “You gave everyone else a scare.  We should let the others know that you are awake.” She tries to stand up but her foot was asleep make her stumble.

            “Hyeri.” Jungkook caught her, “Are you okay?”

            “I’m fine. My foot just fell asleep.” She tries to stand up again

            “Don’t move.” She looks at him as he stand. He swoops her off the ground.

            “What are you doing?” she had her arm around his neck,

            “I’m just helping you out, since you apparently can’t walk.” He puts her down on the armchair that was by the door. “Stay here until your feet is awake again.” He joked with her and walks to get everyone else.  Footsteps can be heard coming up the stairs and closer to the room. Everyone rushed to the bed surrounding Jin.

            Myungsoo walks towards her. “Great job.”

            “Thanks.” She took a deep breathe. Even though she technically was asleep for a couple hours she was exhausted.

            “Are you okay?”

            “I’m fine.” She sigh, “Just tired.”

            “You’ve been at it for a bout 6 hours. I would be surprised if you weren’t tired.” He smiles, “You had me worried there.” She leans back into the chair, “What the matter?”

            “Nothing.” She smiles as she thought of her mother.

 

 

            Hyeri and Yuri were packing up all their things and putting it away in the car. Jungkook walks over to her and grabs her wrist. Hyeri was surprised by the action.

            “What?”

            “I’m going to take her away for a little bit.” He told Yuri as he pulls Hyeri away toward the library. Yuri smiles and shakes her head. Someone walks up to the car next to her.

            When they finally reached the library they stop.“What wrong?” she asks

            “Are you okay?” she realizes he was talking about the dream. “You haven’t said much since we came back.”

            “I was glad to have met her even though it was just for a little bit.”  She smiles a little, “I’m glad that I was able to help her with something.”  She remembers the hand that wrapped around her finger.

            “You did a great job.” He gives her a pat on her shoulder. “when you get back to Yuri’s place take a good rest, arraso. You’ve been working too much, especially because it was your first time.” He smirks at her. She felt her heart palpate and winces a little.

            “Arraso.” She rubs her chest, “oh, before I forget.”

            “hmm?”

            “Thank you for coming to help me too. I don’t know what would have happened if you didn’t appear.” She hugs him, it surprises him. He could feel hisheart going a mile a minute and his cheek heat up. “Thank you so much.” She smiles, “rest up too.” She walk back to the car with Jungkook following her. Yuri and Jimin stood next to the car talking, when the two finally walk out from the house. Myungsoo and his father was packing up their car too.

            “There you two are.” Jimin smile at the two, “What were you two doing?” he smirks as he walks up to Jungkook.

            “ Talking.” Myungsoo was observing from the distance.

            “Talking?” Jimin didn’t believe. His brother nodded but Jimin notice the way his face lit up, “Just talking, really? I don’t believe it.” Jimin smiled from ear to ear.

            “Will, what were you and Yuri doing?”

            “Talking also.” He had a sly smile, “I was looking for Hyeri and Yuri said that you ran off somewhere with her.” Jungkook kept silent, but the color of his face beg differ

            “Arraso, we are going to get going.” Yuri and Hyeri bids the boys goodbye and walked to the car.

            Hyeri notices something was off. She heard rustling from the trees and her eyes landed on Yuri, “Unnie be careful!” she runs and pushes Yuri out the way. As quick as lightening, something passes by, slightly bumping her.

            “Hyeri!” Jungkook runs toward her. Hearing all the commotions Myungsoo runs to check up on her also. Hyeri felt a burning sensation coming from her arm.  She places her hand there and felt something warm. She looks and sees red on her hand. It started to hurt too. “Hyeri, are you okay?” he notice the blood on her arm, “Pi.” A sudden urge came over him. Jimin runs over and checks to see if Yuri was okay.

            “Hyeri, are you okay?” Myungsoo observed her from head to toe. “You’re bleeding.”

            “Don’t worry about me.” The pain was barely bearable. She sensed more people around the area, but suddenly the aura of people began to disappear. When she notices that they were all gone she felt her legs give in and falls onto her knees.

            “Hyeri-ah.” Myungsoo helps keep her up, “Are you okay?”

            “They are gone.” She said softly. Her vision began to blur, she felt her arm began to throb. “Apa.” she wince in pain

            “Hyeri-a.” she looks over and sees Jungkook with a worried look on her face. “Are you okay?”

            “Molla.” She feels herself fall forward. Jungkook catches her.

            “Yah, Hyeri.” He shakes her up, “Open your eyes.” He began to worry.

            “What happened?” Dr. Kim runs over.

            “I don’t know she just fainted.” Dr. Kim notices the wound on her arm. He squat down next to her and rip her sleeve. The knife wound had begun to turn blue.

            “This isn’t good.”

            “What wrong?” Jungkook was so worried. The look on Dr. Kim’s face was no better.

            “No time, get her inside.”

            “W-what?”

            “Now!” he yells and Jungkook carries her inside. “Myungsoo grab my bag.” Dr. Kim follows them inside. Yuri and Jimin walks inside. Jungkook puts her on his bed. Dr. Kim takes a better look at her arm.

            “What is wrong with her?” Myungsoo runs in with the medical bag

            “Hyeri-a.” Yuri was crying, “What wrong? Open your eyes.”

            “Whatever they used to attack her it had poison on it.”

            “Poison!!!” everyone in the room was surprised.      

            “We have to get it out of her system before it spread.” He ties a tourniquet around her arm. He takes out a bottle of saline and flushes the area. “Myungsoo, go and grab more flush out from my car. Grab as many as you can. And also grab my emergency meds.” Myungsoo just stared, “MYUNG SOO!”

            “N-ne.” he runs out back to the car.

            “How else are we able to get the poison out from her system?” Jungkook asked

            “We have to first figure out what kind of poison was used. I can only help her then. For now I can only hope that I reduce the amount of poison that is entering her blood stream.” After flushing the area, he begins to examine it. Everyone in the room was antsy, no one stayed still. Myungsoo ran into the room with the supplies.

            “Appa, here.” He drops the supply next to his father, and opens another bag of saline. Dr. Kim flushes the wound out and gives her an injection.

            “What did you just give her?” Jungkook asked

            “I don’t know what type of poison they used on their blade, do I gave her something to slow down her blood flow along with some anti-venom.”

            “Will that do anything?”

            “I don’t  know. But it will give us sometime before the poison hits her heart and circulate through her body.”

            Hyeri was sweating beads and her arm was getting no better. It started to swell and beginning to turn purple. Yuri goes up to Dr. Kim, “What happens if we can’t stop the poison?” Dr. Kim gave her a dire look.

            “We will lose her.” Dr. Kim was scavenging through the medical supplies that Myungsoo brought up.

            “Don’t you know how to make potions, Yuri?” Jungkook asked desperately, “You would be able to make some kind of antidote for this, right?” Yuri shook her head, “You were able to help her last time.”

            “I only know spells and last time I did a ritual to help her regain her energy back faster.” She look powerless, “Hyeri was the one that made potions. Not every wiccan is talented to be able to do both. The only one known to have both skills was her grandmother.” Hyeri suddenly begins coughing and gags. “Hyeri.” Yuri sat Hyeri up to help her with the coughing. As soon as Yuri grab a hand towel for Hyeri, she coughs up blood. It went everywhere. Everyone freaks out and rushed over to the bedside.

            “Everyone calm down.” Dr. Kim shouts making everyone quiet, “I need everyone to leave right now. Everyone is way too emotional and that is not good for the patient.” Dr. Kim sighs out of frustration. “With her symptoms the poison is reaching her heart. If we don’t figure out what is going on soon…” he shakes his head.

            “Ajussi, is there really nothing you can do?”

            “This is beyond my expertise.” He sighs, “Those people who attacked were most likely Hunters. They try to kill supernatural beings with whatever they can.”

            “So that means you can’t help her.” His silence was the answer.

            “What is going on here?” A female voice come from behind them.

            “Minah.”