Obviously Oblivious: Part II

Polaroid

[PART 2]

     It’s another day for Momo to wake up for college. Damn, he hates morning class to the core that he even thinking to ditch the class. But he remembered that his father always had his eyes on him and if he found out, he will totally make him change to the business college. No, Momo wouldn’t want that. After all, he strived so hard to make Hirai Kazama to finally say ‘yes’ to his option in education. Music is much closer to his heart than everything, that he even joined the college’s band and served the guitarist position.

   The band was a success in the college. Many students were treating them like some real K-Pop idols due to their success in bring their college’s name, JYP University to another level. The band consist of five members and a manager.

   Doing his morning routine up, Momo rode his motorbike to school and grabbing the girls’ attention as soon as he reached the faculty building. His talent was what people would admire, but at this point, more girls’ attracted to him because of his best look. Momo is such a manly guy and he is the definition of true man, according to the fan girls. Momo nodded to them, just to avoid the controversy of being rude but he never smile. He also rejected any confession from the girls and refused to accept their ridiculous so-called love letter.

    Momo entered the practice room with dishevelled look, greeting his band mates who were already arrived much earlier than him. “Morning.”

   Tzuyu the bassist of the band looked up from tuning his guitar gave a small smile. “Morning, hyung.” Tzuyu is the youngest of the member but his talent is beyond what people had expected. Plus, he is handsome but unfortunately was taken by the college’s cheerleader team leader (no pun intended), Minatozaki Sana. The girls groaned at first after hearing the news spread the whole college.

   “Finally,” Jeongyeon said. He’s the drummer and another definition of true man, also according to the fan girls. He is single but the rumour said that he is seeing someone right now. Momo wouldn’t bother to know his best friend’s playboy fortune.

   The room erupted with the vocalist of the band’s voice, as she warm up her voice for their morning jamming session. “Geez, Nayeon. Must you warm up your voice like that? It’s hurting my ears.” Momo said while sneering.

  “Just let her be.” Jeongyeon answering instead and Momo shrugged off, picking up his guitar. “What song for this morning?” He asked.

   “TT, remix version.” Chaeyoung answered. He is the band’s keyboardist and the same age friend with Tzuyu. Momo nodded and checking up his guitar chord. With Jeongyeon’s starting the beat with his stick, they started their jamming session. The song was reaching it middle part when Jihyo barged into the room with dishevelled look and looking so desperate. They stopped their play.

   “Why are you looking so dishevelled like that?” Nayeon asked. Jihyo panted a little bit for catching her lost breath and slumping herself on the couch in the room. “Your fans were crowding in front of the door. I took some efforts to enter this room without them squeezing me.” She said breathless. Well, if you guys wonder, Jihyo was the band manager.

   “Oh, too bad.” Momo said. “Momo, most of them were your fans. God, my ears. You guys know that they were apparently screaming into my ears for your name!” Jihyo complaint. “I didn’t sign up for this!”

   “Well, you did sign up to be our manager so bear with it.” Momo retorted and all of them laughed at Jihyo. The big eyes girl groaned in defeat. “Fine! You guys aren’t helping at all!”

    They enjoyed teasing their manager slash best friend for a while. The laughed soon left died as they heard knocking sound of the door. Jihyo’s ears perked at the sound first and asked them to slow down. “Who’s that?”

    The person said something behind the door but their voice were muffled of the sound proof room. Momo frowned in confused so Tzuyu relented to open the door for them. He seemed to talk something with the person behind the door for a moment before poking his head in.

    “Momo hyung, Mina-ssi is here to see you.” Tzuyu said and that grabbed all of the members’ attention. Momo cursed inside his head before leaving his position down the small stage. Jeongyeon frowned upon seeing Momo’s reaction to Mina’s presence.

    It’s true that all members acknowledge the forced relationship between Momo and Mina. They had nothing to say but from time to time, they noticed how cold Momo’s treatment to Mina. They wasn’t close to Mina so they didn’t know what in Mina’s side. Apart from that, they clearly knew that Momo isn’t going to agree with the set up by their parents.

    Nayeon once tried to be friend with Mina but Momo who knew it told her to not care about the younger girl. Nayeon insisted that if Mina is engaged to Momo, they also have something with the girl. She’s nothing to do with me, he said. And so, Nayeon failed to be friend with Mina.

    After a while, Momo returned and his face looked grumpier than before. “That little is testing my patience.” Momo grumbled as he slumped on another couch near Jihyo, lifting up his legs on the small coffee table in front of him while massaging his temple. Jihyo was about to scold Momo with his attitude but she’s holding it in, knowing how pissed Momo would be after that.

    “Why?” Jihyo asked instead. Momo cursed before calming his rage. “She purposely didn’t bring her car and asked me to send her home after class ended. She even used his father’s name for a so-called date.”

    “How can you be so sure? Did she say it like that?” Jeongyeon asked. Momo shook his head. “No, but I knew it. She had something behind her innocent look. I knew that she isn’t that pure. She just want attention.” Momo said groaning.

    The rest of the members shook their head. Momo just accusing without watching. He will totally screwed up in the future. Jeongyeon took toll to break the silence. “How could you accuse her like that? What if she was nothing like you said?”

    “No.” Momo replied, his voice was firm. “It must be like that. She had that aura of being intimidate.”

Again, the band members shook their head.

Hirai Momo and his pride.

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Boo! It's like four in the evening in my country here. My class was cancelled so I'm stealing time between assignment and posting this chapter. I know it's short but bear with me LOL.

What's your opinion about Momo's character in this story? Tell me something!

See ya in the next chap!