Obviously Oblivious: Part VI

Polaroid

[PART 6]

      This is one fine day of Momo enjoying his time alone in his room. Typical weekend. He was playing game in his phone earlier and getting bored an hour later. He was struck, not knowing what to do now. He caught the sight of his black acoustic guitar lying against the wall near his closet, smiling immediately.

      Momo rest his back on the head board of his bed, fixing his guitar position and strumming into some random tune. These days, he couldn’t think of what song he should play and he was so damn frustrated of his numb mind. He was thinking to write his own song, maybe for the band, but nothing came out. He threw his gaze outside the window.

     From his room, the view of the whole park was fascinating. You can see almost everything and it was the most beautiful when it was spring. The cherry blossom trees were blooming and Momo couldn’t be any happier to witnessing a nice view. Suddenly, his mind was brought to a certain someone and you know who it is.

      Momo smiled unknowingly as he remembered how cute Mina was in her oversized sweater after he excused himself from the Myoui’s residence last night. He didn’t remember what colour the sweater was but he definitely remembered how warm Mina’s smile and he could even sense sincerity in her dark coloured eyes.

     Momo giggled and immediately felt stupid after that. Did he just think about that girl? Oh my God, did he just blushing at the thought of Mina’s pretty smile? He must be crazy already. Yeah, definitely. Momo jumped off his bed and grabbed a pen and a piece of paper, pouring all his soul in writing words describing what he felt. Sooner, it might turn into a beautiful song.

     Meanwhile, in Myoui’s residence, Mina was working her off on finishing the assignments. All sorts of paper was spread across her table and creating a messy view. However, Mina didn’t care as her focus was more on the task.

     ‘Do this for me.’

     ‘Finish this off. I want it to be all right answer and no objection.’

     ‘Don’t make me say it twice.’

     Mina sighed. She totally didn’t wish for this. Sure Mina is a hardworking student but doing other people assignment was not in her list. Certainly, a few days ago, some unknowing student came at her and shoved all the papers onto her desk and demanding her to finish all the task. Mina was not usually a person that can no to anything. She was timid and people always taking advantages of that.

      Mina shook her head and resumed her task.

     The next day, Momo came to fetch Mina from her class, except that Mina was a little bit late than usual. Mina was waiting to be scolding by Momo but it never came. Instead, Momo just passed her the helmet and they went to eat before sending Mina home. Momo noticed that Mina’s work has become increasing day by day. Is it something within the business course Mina was taking? Only one way to know. Momo retrieved his phone from his jacket pocket and dialled a number.

      Another week came across. Mina had noticed that these past few days, the students weren’t coming for her to ask her doing their assignments anymore. Mina was slightly relieved and was expecting a calm and nice day but today definitely not that day.

     The students came again. They were four girls in total. The blonde one was what Mina believed as their leader of their so called gang. She was dragged by them to a secluded area of an old building in the college and was pushed against the wall harshly. A hard slap came across her face soon after that.

     “Was that you?! The one that told him about this and threatened me?!” The blonde shouted at her face.

     “W-What are you talking about?” Mina didn’t understand. What is this girl talking about? Tell what and who?

    “Don’t act all innocent, . It must be you who told Momo sunbaenim about us. Right?!” The blonde remarked. Mina trembled in fear. Why is this related to Momo?

    “Tell what? No, I don’t tell anyone…” Mina said in fear getting a slap again on her another cheek. Her cheeks were flushed in red. The girl scoffed.

    “What a . You flirted with Momo sunbaenim and dare to lie to us.” She mocked. Mina felt her tears welling up in her eyes and was threatening to fall in any ways. The blonde laughed like a witch.

     “Look, girls. She is going to cry!” The other girls laughed evilly. They lunged forward and grabbed Mina’s hair harshly, pulling it with no mercy. Another girl held her hand behind, while the other one jabbed her chest.

     “P-Please… stop…” Mina whimpered. Her tears rolling down her cheek as she holding the urge to scream.

    “What? You say that again? Stop?” The blonde laughed. “Never, ! Serve you right!” She slapped Mina’s face again and this time, it made a small cut at the corner of her lips. Mina winced.

    “What? Nobody is going to heard you, baby girl.” They mocked. Suddenly, a deep voice invaded the area and all of them caught a sight of a calm Momo standing while shoving his hand in his pocket pants.

    “Hands off,” He said. The girls scurried away as Momo stood between them. He glanced at the sight of frightened Mina and he noticed the red mark on her cheeks and the little cut at the corner of her lips. Momo gripped his fist into a ball. Taking a deep breath, he returned to face the bullies.

     “What are you doing?” He asked in a deep calm voice but anyone can know that tension filled the area.

     “S-Sunbae-nim… We—“

    “Shh.” He hushed. He turned around and faced Mina who was hiding her face with her hair that had fallen over her shoulder. He glanced at the other side and gestured another person standing at the empty hallway, to bring Mina away.

    “Nayeon… Take her to our club room.” Momo said. Nayeon nodded and helped Mina walked her slowly to the said place while her mind invaded with various thoughts of what Momo will do to the bullies. She hope for nothing severe that can made him called to the upper man. After the two of them lost from his sight, Momo turned to glare at the now frightened girls.

     “And you…” Momo trailed. Eyes piercing in red as he held his rage in. If only they were not girls…

     “Didn’t I had warned you before? All of you?” Momo gritted. “I said clearly last time to not disturb Mina, didn’t I? And what have you done?” The girls shivered in fear. Momo’s face was scary and they almost pee in their skirt.

      “W-We just—“

      “What she had done to you that make you hate her so much?” Momo asked.

     “She’s a loser. She didn’t deserve all attention from the lecturers. Sunbae-nim, why do you care so much about that ? She clearly just flirting to you and—“

    “You!” Momo raised his hand, almost slapping the girl talking if not for another person came and held his hand. “Momo, stop.”

     “Jeongyeon? Let me go. I need to teach a lesson!” Momo frantically pulling his hand from Jeongyeon’s grip but failed.

       “Enough, Momo. She’s not worth it you know that. We better take this matter to the upper man. I will take care of it. You go look for Mina. She’s a mess right now.”

      Hearing Mina’s name, Momo’s heart soften. There’s no more flares in his gaze. The fire is dead. He slowly pulled his hand from Jeongyeon and faced the girls.

      “You’re considered lucky that Jeongyeon is here to stop me.” Momo scoffed. He nodded to Jeongyeon and pushed his way to the club room, where Mina was at.

      When he reached the club room, he caught a sight that Mina was crying in Nayeon’s arm on the couch provided. Nayeon noticed Momo’s presence and showed a worried face. She rubbed a small circle on Mina’s back. The girl looked so broken in Momo’s eyes. A sudden guilt rushed over his veins. If only I was fast enough…

      “Mina,” Momo called with his softest voice ever. The said girl jumped at the sudden call and fixed her position on the couch though Nayeon is there holding her hand in order to calm her down. Momo sighed and stepped over towards them. He threw a look at Nayeon that asking to give them privacy and she understood it right away.

      “Mina, I need to go.” Nayeon whispered and Momo saw how Mina shook her head, pleading at Nayeon to not leave her alone in the room, moreover with Momo, someone that she wanted to avoid the most right now. Momo held his breath.

      “I just want to talk. I promise.” Momo said. Mina finally nodded and Nayeon threw one last glance at both of them, hoping for the best before leaving them for privacy. In her way to somewhere else, she met Jeongyeon.

       “What are they doing?” Jeongyeon asked.

       “They’re talking inside. Let’s not disturb them.”

       Meanwhile in the club room, Momo stood still in his place while Mina sat uncomfortably on the couch. She can felt Momo’s gaze right on her and that doesn’t help her at all. She was nervous. Is Momo going to scold her for being a weakling?

      “Are you okay?” Mina jumped at the sudden question from Momo that felt so near with her. Since when Momo sat on the couch beside her? Mina was nervous. “I-I…”

     “Shh… Relax. I’m just asking.” Momo’s voice was calmer than the cold one that he always used on Mina, and she found it soothing. Without realisation, a tear dropped on her cheek and before she could wipe it away, another hand already did it for her. Mina looked up and their eyes met. Momo…

     Mina found herself became weak again and one by one the tears won’t stop rolling on her cheeks. Momo closed their distance and engulfed the pity girl in his warm embrace. Mina was shook while her head rest on Momo’s broad chest as she silently crying.

     Why this girl, always make me want to protect her all again? Myoui Mina, why…?

 

____________________________________________________________________________________

I promised you guys an update. So, here it is. Peace yo!