Thank you, Next

Polaroid

In 2012, Momo was excited.

She made a big decision to become an entertainer and came all the way from Japan to Korea alone. Dancing has always being part of her, and been given an opportunity to shine brighter is something that she never imagine. However, she made it into JYP and trained herself hard alongside the other trainees. She met Sana, who she never know that will be her best friend forever. Momo was tired for the upcoming years but giving up was never in her dictionary.

 

2014, Momo was happy.

Three years later, JYP accepted another trainee from Japan. The other Japanese trainees were excited, some were unhappy as this means that they will have new rival, but Momo and Sana was very happy to meet the new face, especially the older. The trainee was name Myoui Mina, and Momo have to say that she really, really pretty. She was never the talkative one with new people, but Sana was the opposite. If it wasn't for Sana, maybe they will never click with each other. But Mina is a great dancer. She managed to make Momo's jaw dropped 1 cm for every seconds her body sways with the beat. The three of them becomes best of friends.

 

2015, Momo was tired.

She was happy at first when her name was listed as participant of SIXTEEN, JYP new survival show. But as times goes on, she was tired and dreadful. She tried so hard giving the best but the netizens will never notice her talent. Her confidence crumbled badly and she was low on self-esteem. Aside from that, Sana and Mina who were also the participants of SIXTEEN never let her down. Despite being rival in the show, they were still best friends. And that happened. When Momo's name was announced as the person who will be eliminated, she felt her world was crumbling in front of her eyes. She was disappointed with herself. She questioned herself if she never did enough to be part of TWICE. She did everything she could. 

But miracles happened.

JYP himself announced that he personally wanted Momo to be part of TWICE, as she will be perfecting the dance and performance of the group. She is talented, and she deserved to debut with the other eight girls, including Mina and Sana. Momo found this unacceptable, but seeing Mina crying and happy for her, she came to believe that it was real. 

 

2016, Momo was confused.

Everyone knows about the 'Mimo Pepero kiss' incident that happened in one of TWICE's fanmeeting. After Sana playfully pushed their head together, Momo can felt the soft lips touched lightly with hers. Though she played it cool, but none of them knew how confused Momo was with her feelings that night. Mina kept insisting that it was an accident, especially on radio and Momo also thought so, but the feelings betrayed her. Right from the kiss, Momo realised, that she have fallen for their J-line maknae even before that. Momo remembered that during her elimination from SIXTEEN, she wasn't sad because she can't debut, but it was because she can't be with Mina. It was the core reason for her break down.

 

2017, Momo was nervous.

Since TWICE has become popular, they gained more fans. But they also know the consequence of having haters too. Nearing Mina's birthday, a photo that caused havoc among the netizens was uploaded. Mina was caught in a what they called as 'Bed selfie' with one of a boy group members of the same company. Despite the hates threw upon the younger girl, Mina tried hard to not show that she was affected by the threatening comments. Momo knew it better than anyone in the group that Mina was having a hard time. Therefore, Momo stayed. She didn't act sympathy on the girl instead, treated like nothing ever happened. She knew so much that what Mina needed at the time was comfort, but not in a form of empathy. Momo was so whipped.

 

2018, Momo was thankful.

Ever since they became popular, the number of schedules increase. But TWICE is happy, as long as ONCE stays beside them. Momo is very thankful for everything, from the supporters, their own family and finally, Mina herself. A little bit into the new year, Momo found her courage to confess her feelings towards Mina, but she just need a little push. And there was Sana, practically drag her best friend into consultation, giving wise advice. She's been saying that nothing is there to lose. Mina will definitely won't be mad at her. Mina is sweet girl after all.

After the two best friend's hang out (where they actually ate dinner at a jokbal store doen the street) and Momo was drunk after finishing one and a half bottle of soju by herself, she found their way back staggering on the street. Luckily, there was Sana who is pretty much sober to keep Momo on balance. Somehow, Sana thought that maybe it better if Momo is  drunk while confessing. 

 

When she stepped inside their dorm with Momo hanging on her, she was greeted by the sight of worried Mina on the couch. The beep sound from the door locking finally gain the latter's attention and she quickly rushed towards the drunken figure.

 

"What happened?" Asked Mina with so much worried in her voice. She tried to help Sana carrying the heavy Momo. 

 

"She just had a little drink, nothing bad happen." Sana replied after that. They brought the oldest girl towards her room. Luckily, they were on a small vacation and most of the members went to their respective home including Jeongyeon. After dropping Momo on bed, Sana sighed heavily.

 

"She should stop inhaling every food that she can see with her eyes." Sana complained. "Minari, can you please take care of her? I'm tired already."

 

"Sure, Sana-chan." And Sana left.

 

Mina was left with Momo lying on her bed with her hair scattered messily while she sat beside her. Mina moved her hand to caress Momo's head lightly, feeling the soft silky strands of hair. 

 

"Is everything okay, Momoring?" Mina asked subtly, while watching how peaceful Momo's face while she remained asleep. Momo flinched and that almost made her shock. However, Momo didn't wake up but just mumbling something incoherence for Mina to hear. 

 

"Imissyou..." 

 

Mina slept beside Momo that night.

 

When they wake up, Momo sat up almost immediately after seeing Mina sleeping peacefully beside her. Her sudden jolt had made her head spin. She groaned in pain while holding her head in her hand. Mina who was a light sleeper opened her eyes when she heard Momo's voice. She sat up immediately.

 

"What's wrong? Are you okay?"

 

Momo shook her head. "N-No, nothing." Mina sighed exasperately. 

 

"You're pretty drunk last night. Is everything okay? What made you drink so much?"

 

Momo started reminiscence the last night event. From hanging out with Sana and eventually ended up having a talk with the latter while drinking. She remembered venting her frustration on Sana, because the latter kept saying that she should have confess to their Japanese maknae. Ah right, confess.

 

She didn't blurt out something weird last night, right?

 

"Umm, Minari?"

 

"Yes?"

 

"I didn't say anything weird last night, right?"

 

Mina looked at her in the eyes. "From what I remember, no. Not at all."

 

Momo was so relieved. She thought that she might did a drunk confession last night. Curse Sana for not stopping her from drinking so much yesterday. Things might went out of hand.

 

"But..."

 

Momo looked up to Mina, who was now fidgetting with her fingers. Ugh, what now?

 

"You did say something but I couldn't catch it. Sorry..."

 

Momo nodded. "It's nothing. I'm so drunk yesterday so I didn't mean anything at all." 

 

Momo didn't notice the disappointment on the latter's face after the last word.

 

Even after that, nothing have change between them. There are still the members of TWICE and sisters not by blood. Momo tried her best suppressing her feelings for the younger girl, cause it might cause them troubles. And also, she don't want Mina to hate her. She tried her best to avoid Mina.

 

But Mina wasn't being a help at all. Everyday, she smiles that made Momo's heart beating so fast. She always do things that made Momo fall for her everytime. It almost sound suspicious. Did Mina knew her feelings already?

 

One night, Momo was alone in her room because Jeongyeon went out with Seungyeon. She heard knocks on the door and called for them. And Mina appeeared from behind the door.

 

"Oh, M-Mina-yah. What's the problem?"

 

Mina came and sat beside Momo. She stretched her hand and held Momo's hand.

 

"What did I do?"

 

"Eh?"

 

"Why are you avoiding me?"

 

"..."

 

Mina sighed and pushed her hair back in frustration. "Ever since that night where you were drunk, I noticed you have been avoiding me. W-Why?"

 

Momo was speechless. She had nothing to say.

 

"No, I don't. It must be your imagination."

 

"No, it's not. You clearly avoiding me, for two months. Just tell me what did I do, please? Are you mad at me? Am I crossing the line?" Mina said as tears welled up in her eyes. She almost on the urge to cry.

 

"I don't understand, Mina? What line?"

 

"I-I've been trying to get your attention. I tried my best during dance practice so you would look at me. I cut my bang so you would call me pretty. I tried to look pretty in front of you so I even wear make up in our house. I-I..." Mina couldn't even finish her sentence as her tears started flowing.

 

"M-Mina..."

 

"I know I might sound stupid and selfish, but I just want you to notice me... and my feelings."

 

"..."

 

"I-I like you, Momoring. I'm sorry." Mina kept crying. While Momo, well, she was shock.

 

"Y-You like me?" Mina nodded.

 

Momo retracted her right hand from Mina's and put her palm on Mina's cheek. She used her thumb to caress her cheeks and wiping all the messy tears coming out from her pretty eyes.

 

"I'm sorry, Mitang. I was so oblivious."

 

"... You don't have to return back my feelings. I just want you to know. Sorry, things might get awkward from now on." Mina said, sobbing.

 

"How could you say that? Nothing will change, Mina." Momo carressed her cheek. "Instead, I'm so happy right now. Because my crush like me too." Momo said, smiling.

 

At that, Mina looked up to see Momo smiling ever so sweetly at her.

 

"I want you to know too, Mitang. I like you, ah no, I might love you already."

 

"Y-You like me too? Really?" 

 

Momo nodded. Mina tears came out again as tears of happiness. "Idiot," She muttered and Momo laughed it off.

 

"Can I kiss you?" Momo said, hoping. "If not then—" Mina tightened her hold onto Momo's hand. She shyly her lips and looked everywhere but Momo herself.

 

"Please do so."

 

Momo's lips break into a smile, as she leaned in and captured the younger girl's lips with hers. The soft feeling from Mina's lips mixed with love made Momo's heart pounding. She fixed her hand knto Mina's waist, while the latter circled them around her neck, deepening the kiss.

 

The kiss was breathless, but Momo was thankful for that. It was the best thing that she ever did. 

 

2018 almost end and Momo finally get herself a girlfriend. 

 

In 2019, Momo wishes the next happy event will come to them. 

 

Thank you 2018, next 2019.