Obviously Oblivious: Part V

Polaroid

[PART 5]

     It was free day. Momo class was cancelled due to his lecturer absence, and he got all day in the practice room to play. The other members have class so he was alone. While plucking his acoustic guitar and humming to some random song, his mind suddenly was interrupted by a certain someone.

     Myoui Mina. He was certain that these days, he was slowly having a soft spot for that girl. He was supposed to be cruel and show no mercy towards the latter, but every time he did that, he will feel guilty after that.

    Momo sighed. He thought that he was turning crazy at any moment. Every of his action would ended up thinking about Mina, again and again. Her pretty eyes, her white porcelain skin… He wondered how soft it would be to touch and caress it. Momo shook the thought of her mind and cussed.

    “. Why did she effecting me so much?” Momo talked to himself.

    “Who?” Suddenly, a voice interrupted his moment alone.

    “Oh my God!” Momo fell off the couch. “Chou Tzuyu!”

    The said person grinned and helped Momo get up on his feet, before crashing himself the spot beside Momo. “Sorry, hyung.”

    “Nah, it’s fine.” Momo groaned. They fell into silence until Tzuyu brought up the question again. “Hyung, who was the girl that effecting you so much?”

    “Ah,” Momo replied. “Just someone. You don’t have to know that.” He said.

   “Is it Mina-ssi?” Tzuyu tried to guess and you know what? Bingo. The person he just mention is really the same person that Momo was thinking about. The freaking Myoui Mina. Momo remained silence, don’t really know how to react to that.

    “Hohoho… Someone is finally in love?” Tuyu teased. “I was right. It’s really Myoui Mina.”

    Momo groaned and threw a cushion into Tzuyu’s direction. “Shut up, kid. You don’t know anything.”

    “I’m not a kid and I totally knew everything.” Tzuyu replied. “Your behaviour making it so obvious.” Hearing that, Momo was confused. He turned to the younger and threw a question. “What do you mean by that?”

    “The way you act, is really like me when I first liking her.” Tzuyu answered with a smile, reminiscent a great memory of him a few months back.

    “Who? Sana?” Momo asked. Tzuyu nodded. Their love story was unique. It was not Tzuyu who was hot on his heels for Sana but vice versa. Sana was the one who had crush on the much younger boy and she totally made sure that it was obvious for everyone. Tzuyu still remembered that Sana always wait for Tzuyu after he finished practicing with the band and being clingy with him the whole day at the college. She was the one to initiate skin ship, and she was also the one who kept confessing her love for Tzuyu through messages. It was ridiculous, really, but it had taken Tzuyu a month to finally return the same feeling to Sana. It worth the time.

     “Okay, stop smiling. You’re creeping me out, geez.” Momo said after Tzuyu kept silence for a minute and so. Tzuyu laughed and then they was back at the topic.

     “But hyung, don’t be too harsh on her. You might broke her so bad.” Tzuyu said and that really left Momo stunned. It made him thinking until he can’t sleep that night. Also, he remembered Tzuyu’s principle in life; “Never make girls cry.” Other than that, Tzuyu is a perfect person to teach you the life lesson, such as; “Avoid bad people” and “If you fall, you had to stand by yourself”. Tch, that kid was matured.

     One evening, Momo was ready to fetch Mina and he was glad that she came right on time. She was holding a bag full of paper that he believed her notes or something related to college work. However, it does look too much that he started to wonder if the papers were really hers.

     “What is that?” He asked as soon as she stood beside him. Mina glanced at the bag in her hand and looked up to see Momo. She was smiling. “Ah, just my work.”

      “Really?” Momo frowned. “That much?” He was definitely uncertain that Mina was kidding. The amount of the paper was too much for a person to do all that. Furthermore, Mina was taking business course, not some crappy subject. The work should not be that much. He asked again for reassurance and Mina insisted saying that hers.

      “Whatever you are saying.” Momo said rolling his eyes. As always, Mina hop on the seat behind Momo and he drove her home. Mina was now getting comfortable riding with Momo as a week passed already. Momo also didn’t seem to care about Mina’s arms wrapping around his waist morning and evening.

      When they stopped in front of the Myoui residence, Mina hop off and thanked Momo for taking her home. Momo never replied, but he was smiling in his head. Having the chance to see Mina’s gummy smile was really a blessing. Eh?

        Mina was about to enter the gates when a deep voice greeted both of them. “Hey, you two.”

      “Dad…” Mina called, startled at her father’s appearance at the gates. Momo quickly stood on his feet and greeted Myoui Akira politely. He just don’t want to be rude to the older Myoui, though he was treating Mina like a .

      “Evening, Myoui-sama.” Momo bowed. Akira broke into a laugh at Momo’s seriousness. He walked to the younger man and pat his shoulder. “You’re being too formal. Aren’t we going to be a family too?” He ended with another chuckle. Momo awkwardly laughed.

     “Oh, why don’t you stay for a while? Maybe we can have a cup of tea or two?” Akira asked. Momo was dumbfounded actually but he quickly reacted by nodding his head. “Great. Let’s get inside. Mina, you go upstairs.”

      Mina nodded at his father’s command and bowed to excuse herself. Momo managed to eye Mina away disappearing behind the door.

      “Come on, young man.” Momo nodded.

     It was comfortable seating in the Myoui’s lounge room. Momo eyed the decoration inside the big mansion and noticed how it was close to the one at his home. It was classy yet elegant, giving an intimidate aura just like how Mina is.

     “How are you doing? I just heard only from your father and not yourself. It’s a good time to get to know you more since you’re going to be my son-in-law near future.” Myoui Akira said with a smile after sipping on his warm liquid in a tea cup.

       “I’m doing just fine. Attending class and doing some activities in college.” Momo answered and also took a sip from the cup he was holding. His eyes were sparkling as his taste bud finally made a contact with the seemingly delicious tea. Myoui Akira noticed that.

     “It is a jasmine tea. Mina’s favourite so we had plenty in the cabinet.” He said. “Oh, I heard from Mina that you joining a band in college?”

      “Oh yes. I’m the band’s guitarist. Well, since I took major in music study.” Momo explained.

     “Why? I thought you were taking business just like Mina at first and never knew it until your father told me. I would like to know the reason, if you don’t mind.”

       “Ah,” Momo placed the cup on the table. “It was just, my muse. My passion. I was doing something that I love and I wanted in my whole life. Music makes me sooth when I’m feeling down. It was… difficult to explain actually.” Momo rubbed his nape.

      “It’s okay. I understand.” Myoui Akira said, which much more made Momo startled. Myoui Akira just understand what he wants? And his father didn’t?

       “Then, how are you and Mina? I’m sorry, she was a bit troubling for you I guess. It has always been.”

       “E-Eh?”

       “Mina had anemia since she was a kid. She had always been the weak one in school that her friends always bullied her. She had to take a healthy diet and supplements since she was a kid. I sometimes feeling hurts seeing her swallowing all those white pills.” Akira said and heaved a sigh.

        Momo’s mouth was agape. So that’s explain why she is always seen pale. He gulped. “Is it bad?”

     Akira shook his head. “Not as bad since she had treatment from time to time.” He said then looked up to see Momo’s face. “I hope you can take a good care on her. She has no one other than me and I couldn’t be there for her all the time. I’m getting old.”

     “That’s why I’m planning to marry you two when you both have graduate later. I’m sorry for dragging you in this mess.”

        Momo blinked. “A-Alright…”

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi, guys. I'm back!

     First, I would like to apologise for not updating the new chapter of this story for these past three days. I was too cope up with my works and college activity. And here I am was going to tell you that I am not going to update in a week or so, because all of my subjects are having tests and quizzes for this upcoming week so I have to study. Damn, college life.

But for sure, I will update as soon as I can, okay? Love you guys! Thanks for showing your love for this story as well!

See you again when I update new chapter! Pyong!