Obviously Oblivious: Part VII

Polaroid

[PART 7]

 

     It was the night of the same day that the incident was happened. Momo sat with his back rest on the head board, staring outside the window of his room. Variety of thought invaded his mind and it was like a virus. Literally, a Myoui Mina virus.

    Many questions have been asked in his mind. Like, why does he feel guilty? Why did his body acting weird when he was only with Mina? And why he suddenly feel protective when he hugged Mina earlier in the club room? Momo wondered why.

    All of these question was making his throat dry. He need water. Walking out his room, he stepped into the kitchen downstairs. In his way, he met with his father. Great.

    “Momo,” The old Hirai called as Momo stopped in his track. He turned and faced the old man of his, not giving any expression.

    “H-How was your day?” Momo frowned. Never in his life that his father ever throw him such a question. Oh, wait. He never ask anyway. Just order and order. Momo scoffed mentally.

    “Such a weird question you had there.” Momo replied. He was being straight-forward. Momo dislike beating around the bush.

     “Is it a wrong question to ask?” Kazama said. “I’m trying to make our relationship better.” He mumbled but Momo barely heard that. He didn’t bother to ask him to repeat anyway. To him, it wasn’t important.

      “No, but it just weird hearing it for the first time in years of my existence.” Savage. Momo shrugged. Kazama sighed as he asked Momo to join him at the couch.

     “Can we talk?”

     “We’re already talking, for your information.”

     “Momo…”

      He took a deep breath. “Fine. What is it? Are you going to make me do something again?”

     Hirai Kazama was caught off guard. He cleared his throat as he fixed his position on the couch. “No, not that.” He said. “How are you with Mina?”

     Momo blinked as his thought invaded again with the disgusting scene earlier. “We’re doing just fine. Just small matter happened and it already solved.” He replied.

     “W-What happened?”

     “Why do you want to know?”

     “I’m just asking.” Kazama said. “Y-You’re my son. I-I should know about you better.”

    Momo scoffed. “Stop it. Its weird hearing that from you, you know?” Momo let out a bitter laugh. “If there’s no anything else, I’m going to my room. Night.”

     Hirai Kazama could only watch the back of his son ascending the stairs to his room. He released a heavy sigh. “I made a mistake, Momo. You finally made me realised that.” A small, but bitter smile appeared on his old face. “I should’ve know it sooner.”

     Meanwhile at the Myoui residence, Mina was having her time watching her reflection through her bathroom mirror. The bruise is there and the cut too wasn’t heal yet. After the crying session in Momo’s embrace, the latter helped her disinfected the cut and applied cream on it. She remembered how awkward the situation was in the club room.

     However, a small smile was made to her lips as she blushed at the thought of Momo wiping her tears earlier. His touch was so gentle and his hugs… Mina had never felt so insecure in her life before. Momo’s hug is warm and whoever was hugged by him would feel calm in any other way. Mina was happy that she is one of them and she wondered that if Momo ever hugs other girl.

     Mina shook her head at the weird thought. Why would she think about him anyway? She better clean her wound again and go to sleep after that. Right, she should sleep so she won’t think about Momo. That’s the right thing to do for now. Tomorrow, she should prepare her heart to meet Momo in the morning.

      The very next day, Mina woke with numb on her face. She treated her wound once again before get ready because Momo is going to come in thirty minutes. She should be fast if she don’t want to meet with grumpy Momo in the early morning.

       Awkward.

       It was damn awkward.

      As soon as Momo arrived with his motorbike, there’s no word exchange between both of them. Momo just passed his helmet to Mina and she quickly wear it before Momo brought them to the college. Twenty minutes later, they arrived.

      Mina once again embarrassed herself in front of Momo as she struggling to get off the helmet from her head. Is her head getting bigger or what? Momo bit his lips in order to hold his laugh as he witnessed the cute scene before him. Since when Momo found this cute?

     “Come here,” he gestured the pity girl to move closer as he helped her getting off the tight helmet. “Phew…” She sighed in relieved, breathing some air.

      “Sorry.” Mina apologised. Momo bit a smile and replied with a hum. They stood there in awkward silent. Mina was about to excuse herself for her class but Momo pulled her wrist and made her halted in her step.

       “Y-Yes?” Mina asked nervously.

      “How was your lips?” Momo asked. His hand delicately removed the hair that had cover his view of Mina’s face as he inspected the little cut from yesterday. “Did you put the cream?” He asked. Mina nodded shyly as Momo retreated away. “Good then.”

       Momo opened his mouth again to say something but nothing comes out. He thought for a second and finally said something. “Come at the club room at lunch.”

        “Why?”

        “Don’t ask and just come.” Momo said finally letting Mina go to her class with fluttering heart. Hirai Momo is really something.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry for making it short TT