Those Times We Regret For

Polaroid

Mina heaved a big sigh.

She dropped her phone on the kitchen table as she finished her drink in one go. 

Jeongyeon who was about to enter the kitchen witnessed Mina’s weird behaviour.

“What’s wrong?” The older girl asked as she poured herself a cold drink from the fridge. Mina picked up her phone back and continue scrolling the feed. “Nothing, unnie.”

Jeongyeon gulped the water and stood beside her. “I’m sure that’s the opposite.”

Mina locked her phone. “Really, it’s nothing. I’m going.” She stood up and about to leave Jeongyeon, before she remembered to wash her glass first. She finished the deed and resumed to her room.

Jeongyeon watched as the younger Japanese silhoutte vanished behind the door. Her conscience was telling that Mina wasn’t okay and there’s something bothering her. She stared into the silence when she realised it have been days of harmony without the members’ chaotic behaviour. There’s no one inside the dorm aside from Mina, Tzuyu, Dahyun and herself. 

 

Ping!

 

Her phone screen lighted up as a new notification entered. She has set the notification for a few social media, including Twitter. Jeongyeon unlocked her phone and scrolling for the newest feed.

‘Nayeon and Momo spotted at the Japan International Airport wearing couple clothes’ — They are on their way home to Korea.

Jeongyeon scoffed.

 

“No wonder Mina looked mad. Hirai Momo, you’re dead meat.” She mumbled and finished it off with a chuckle.

 

* * *

 

“We’re home!!!”

 

The silence that have been blessing TWICE’s dorm for a few days has finally been broke by none other the two trouble makers— Nayeon and Momo.

 

“Good bye, peace.” Mumbled Jeongyeon. She stood up from the couch and greeted the two members, while helping them with their suitcase. 

 

“Did you guys just bring the entire gifts from Japan? Why is it so heavy?!” Jeongyeon scolded. “Momo, you know that we don’t have many space in our room anymore.” 

 

Momo ignored the nagging as she stretched her neck, almost like a giraffe. She was looking for a certain someone or I should say, a certain penguin.

 

“Where’s Mina?” Momo asked Jeongyeon. The older girl sighed and turned to face the latter.

 

“She’s in her room.” She answered. “And Momo?”

 

“Yeah?”

 

“Good luck.”

 

Jeongyeon said and left the confused girl alone, taking Nayeon who was whining with her. Momo just shrugged.

 

* * *

 

With one hand placed on the door knob, Momo pushed the door opened as a dark room welcomed her. Momo thought that maybe Mina had already sleep. When she was about to leave the room, her voice could be heard.

 

“Did you have fun? With Nayeon unnie?”

 

Momo froze. This tone. She recognized this tone and she knew right away that Mina wasn’t in her happy penguin mode.

 

“Are you listening to me?” Mina asked again, almost piss off.

 

Momo gulped hard. You can do it, Momo! You’ve been through this a lot already! She mentally shout in her mind to give strength to herself. Closing the door behind her, she smiled guiltily.

 

“I thought you were asleep. Why are you sitting in the dark—“

 

“You didn’t answer my question yet.”

 

Momo sighed. There’s no word can sooth Mina’s burning heart already. Thinking of something quick, she made up her mind and want to play with Mina’s weakness. Her aegyo.

 

“Mitang~ I—“

 

“Don’t ever think to use aegyo on me. It doesn’t work anymore.”

 

Okay. This Mina is totally creeping Momo out. Maybe aegyo wasn’t the best choice. Momo had no idea left. All this time, if Mina was mad, she just used her aegyo to make the girl laugh. But guess it’s not this time. Momo finally made up her mind.

 

I will just go for it.

 

Momo walked towards Mina on the bed and pulled her into her embrace. Mina was totally shock, she didn’t expect Hirai Momo will hug her so suddenly. Mina was wriggling out from the tight hug but her effort was futile.

 

“I miss you.” Momo said.

 

“Liar. You look fine without me in Japan.”

 

“No, I really miss you.” Momo insisted.

 

The younger Japanese sighed and tried to push Momo away.

 

“If you did, you would have answered my call. Why did you ignored me?” Mina let out her frustration. “I called you three times but none of that was answered by you. You know what is the worst? You didn’t even call me back!”

 

“That was—“ Momo’s tongue was caught by the freaking cat. She actually does not know what to answer. She thought Mina was totally fine with it. She was about to reply when she heard a sniff.

 

Mina is crying?

 

“Are you even serious about me?”

 

Momo frowned. “What do you mean? There’s no doubt about you, Mina!”

 

“These days, I have noticed that you have been sticking around with Nayeon unnie more than me, your own girlfriend. I doubt that I’m your girlfriend or Nayeon unnie is.” Mina mumbled but it was heard by Momo.

 

“Mina! It’s not like what you think!”

 

Mina sniffled. “You don’t even call me Mitang anymore...” 

 

How can this thing become big? Had Mina hide her feelings for a long time already and just decided to let it off today? Momo thought about it a lot. 

 

Maybe it was her fault. She admit that she have been close with Nayeon lately, no scratch that, she have been close with everyone except Mina. Oh no.

 

Momo placed her palm on Mina’s tear stained cheeks, using her other hand to tilted the girl face up by the chin.

 

“Look at me.” Mina complied. “I’m sorry, I’m really sorry for being ignorant to you. I am a bad girlfriend to you. I shouldn’t have done those things.

 

“But I really love you. No doubt. It must have been a lot for you to handle yourself watching me with others, when I didn’t even spend my time with you. If you have anything else to say to me, say it now. I’m all ears.” Momo caressed Mina’s head.

 

“You’re so adorable.” She said at last.

 

“There are many things I want to say.” Mina replied.

 

“Then say it. I said that I want to listen to you. Tonight I will be all yours.”

 

Mina finally smiled. “Really?”

 

“Eung! (Yes!)” Momo nodded enthusiastly. Mina laughed at her childish girlfriend, hitting lightly on her chest. 

 

“Then be ready. It might takes hours for me to finish.”

 

* * *

 

Meanwhile...

 

Jeongyeon and Nayeon pulled off their ears from the door. 

 

“I’m glad that Momo made it alive.” Nayeon sighed in relieved.

 

“Really?” Jeongyeon said. Nayeon faced the latter. Her eyes were different from earlier and her arms were crossed.

 

“Did you have fun with Momo?”

 

Uh-oh!