Obviously Oblivious: Part I

Polaroid

Warning: Genderbender, contain cursed words (sorry in advance)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

DESCRIPTION

Tsundere Momo getting annoy at the fact that his father engaged him to his friend's daughter at such an age that he believes was too young.

Myoui Mina is not really a rebel and she just goes with everything her father had set her up to, including engaged to a stubborn stranger.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

                                                                                 [PART 1]

     Momo doesn’t get it. Why his old man had so much power to control out of his life? Is it in the genes? Nah, Momo insist that he isn’t something like that. That is totally a bull for controlling other people’s life as if it’s your own. But he remembered how his grandfather took toll in controlling his father’s life sometimes ago, and now his own father had the power generated to him.

     “You’re going to do it, Hirai Momo.” Momo hates it. It was the simplest sentence coming out of his father’s mouth but took so much effort for Momo to go against it. He can never say no.

     A year ago, Hirai Kazama went up and told Momo to take business in college but he stood up and said clearly that his interest is not in some formality bull. Kazama was so angry at him for being wild and rude, but that didn’t make Momo to stop insisting himself to seek for music study. Through a whole week, the Hirai’s residence felt so cold. Even the maids were terrified of the on-going vocal argue between the two grown-up men. But after sometimes, Kazama agreed to Momo’s wanted, but he’s up for another thing. A very typical old Hirai, Momo thought.

    “You’re going to engage with my best friend’s daughter. You have no say in this.” Kazama said. His tone was firm, Momo couldn’t take it as a joke. But he did tried.

   “You’re joking, right? No way, you’re going to do that.” Momo said in disbelieved. His chuckled went dead as Kazama repeated his words again, with firmer voice.

    “I’m not joking. You’re going to meet her.” Thus, Momo found himself in a very classy restaurant booked by his father two days ago after the argument. In front of him is what he believed as his date, that also his father set him up to. To be honest, twenty three is quite early for him to think of marriage, moreover when he still seek for freedom in his life. But he knew that he will never be free from his father’s grasps.

      Momo eyed the woman sitting in front of him, dressed in an elegant red dress that showed her curves perfectly, if Momo could say. He admitted that the girl had this strange aura, the one made you intimidate just by looking at her. She was pretty, Momo wouldn’t deny. But after all, his ego was his pride.

     They ate in silence which Momo would found it comfortable, but also not. He hates silence, and he also hates to act classy in front of the lady. His father said to not ashamed his name and Momo couldn’t say no.

    “You don’t want to ask me anything?” Momo spoke up, after a while. The woman looked up from her steak and oh, her eyes were sparkling. Momo almost lost at word, but the lady then proceed to reply to his question.

    “Should I?” She asked in what Momo believed the softest voice ever he had heard. But Momo is being himself, not showing any mercy. His pride was everything he could show off.

    “No. I won’t answer anyway.” He said in the coldest tone ever and proceed in finishing his portion of steak, oblivious of the lady’s shaking pupil. She soon dropped her head and did the same. No words exchanged after that.

    “Did you bring your car?” Momo asked. They just finished eating and now heading out of the restaurant. It was still early, around 9 pm and so. The lady shook her head, answering to Momo. She heard he sighed. She totally know that Momo was a hard head type of person, and she don’t think he would offer her a ride to her home or rather take her to somewhere else for the so-called ‘date’. She spoke up in the midst of Momo’s rambling over incoherent words.

    “It’s okay. I will call my driver.” Mina took out her phone and called for her chauffeur to bring her home. Momo just stared. After the thirty seconds call, Momo rolled his eyes. It didn’t go unnoticed by Mina.

     The silence was slowly killing both of them. Mina looked up and finally said something to Momo to end their meet for today.

   “Thank you very much. I had fun today.” Mina said and it was came out sincere than she intended, but Momo continued rolling his eyes.

    “Don’t lie. There’s obviously nothing fun.” Momo mumbled but Mina didn’t heard it wrong. It was loud and clear to her ears. “Anyway, I knew that you don’t want this marriage too. You’re just obeying your father’s order just like me. They were nothing but trash. them.”

     Mina was so shocked at Momo’s unfiltered choice of words. How could he said something worse like that to his family? Momo noticed the uncomfortable look on Mina’s face and smirked. “What? I don’t want to be fake and it’s good to let you know the real me.”

      “I’m wild and seeking for freedom. I won’t let this stopping me in my life. If you don’t agree, you can call off the wedding and we don’t have to bear this trash. I believe that your father would listen to you more than mine.”

     With that being said, Momo left Mina for his car and drove away, obviously not showing any care for her. Mina stood up by the side of the street until his chauffeur came fifteen minutes later.

     “To home, please.” She said as her voice shook. She remembered what Momo had told earlier and clenched her fist tight.

It’s going to be tough in her journey, but she believes that it will be interesting.

Myoui Mina is a girl that doesn’t believe in ‘giving up’.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

HOLA! Yeah, you did see that 'part 1' written at the top of the story. So, this story sorta be a multi-shots actually. I hope you like the first chapter of this short series. Yeah, I'm still working on my writing styles especially introducing the characters. So many works to be done so I will not promise once a day but I will try to. 

Last but not least, I love you all ^^ See ya in the next chapter.

P/S: Oh yeah before I forgot. Do you like a 'man' Momo? I made it genderbender tho.

Leave a comment or two, guys! I really appreciate it.