Obviously Oblivious: Part III

Polaroid

[PART 3]

    It was fifteen passed four than what Mina had told him to wait for her at the parking lot. Yes, Momo did came to fetch Mina and send her home, but he didn’t intend of bringing her for a date. The dinner had passed for a month already, and Momo heard no news of calling off the marriage. He didn’t know what to feel. Mina made him thinking twice a few times, and literally making him confused of his feeling.

   He was sure it’s not love. Momo had never been in love. But… attraction? Yes, maybe. Mina is pretty and Momo admitted it. It might be of her beauty attraction only. Momo won’t backing down his pride.

   Momo glanced at his phone screen, catching the time. Another five minutes passed and Momo couldn’t wait. The sun was blazing hot today and he’s sweating. Later, he heard the sound of footsteps running and it becoming nearer as he turned to face the source.

   “Where were you?! I waited for almost thirty minutes!” Momo scolded. His voice was a pitch higher than usual and Mina looked down. Her hand trembled in fear. She supposed to be at the exact time here but her professor just called her before she can walk out from the class. He was asking for help from her and she couldn’t reject.

   “I-I’m sorry…” She said in a soft voice. Momo almost had it passed his ears if he didn’t paid his full attention on the girl.

   “You asked me to send you home and now you’re being late.” Momo said with a firm voice. Mina opened to say sorry when Momo cut her off. “Don’t say sorry when you don’t really meant it.” He said.

   Mina felt her lips trembled as well and her hands turned cold. It was before Momo could sigh when she collapsed right on the spot before Momo could retaliate. Thanks to his fast reflex that he managed to catch Mina in his arms before she could smash her head on the ground.

   “Mina?” Momo tried to pry Mina away and looked at her face, but her body was heavy while unconscious plus with her hair covering half of her face, it made the things difficult. But still, Momo saw Mina’s face as it already pale. Not thinking twice, Momo glanced from side to side looking if there were any other people looking in their direction, before lifting Mina up in his arms bridal style.

   It was a little to reach five, so Momo should be rushing to the sickbay before it closed. He noticed the empty hallway and took the opportunity to run to the nearest nurse room. Each faculty should have one. It was exact on the time when he finally saw the nurse in charge was about to lock the door close. He immediately called for the latter’s attention and rushed over.

   “Please help this woman.” He said breathlessly as he upon reached the nurse. The nurse had this worried look after seeing Mina in Momo’s arms, eventually unlocked the door again for the girl. “Put her on the bed.” She instructed. “Please wait for a while. I still need to do the check-up.”

   Momo nodded and made himself comfortable on the couch near Mina’s bed. His eyes watching every movements the nurse made. He cleared his throat when the nurse coming over his direction and gave him a bottle of water.

   “Drink this first.” Momo grabbed the bottle and chunked out the water in a few gulps. The nurse watched in amused but retaliated when Momo asked about Mina’s condition.

   “What’s wrong with her?” Momo asked. “She’s dehydrated. From the colour of her skin, she might be skipping her meal too. Do you know whether she’s taking up her lunch today?”

   Momo shook his head. “I-I don’t.” The nurse nodded and walked to reach for something on the medicine racks. After a while, she came back with two bottles of small white tablets and passed it to Momo. “This is vitamin for her body. Make sure to give her this after she eat a proper meal.” She said. Momo nodded in understanding and diverted his attention to the unconscious Mina on the bed. It was fifteen minutes later, when he saw movement coming from the latter. Momo called for the nurse.

   “Oh, you’re awake.” The nurse said to Mina after the girl adjusted herself on the bed. “Where am I?” She asked. The nurse smile while saying, “The nurse room. You were collapsing a while ago and this kind man brought you here.”

   Mina looked up and saw Momo stood not so far away from her bed. She immediately hung her head down in ashamed, realising that she once again troubling the latter. She just made the man pissed off again instead of cooling him down.

   “You’re dehydrated and I assumed you to skip your lunch too. Am I right?” The nurse asked and Mina nodded shyly. She could felt the piercing stare coming from Momo. The nurse turned to face Momo. “You saw that? Bring her to eat after this.” Momo was too shocked of the nurse’s words and nodded without processing the whole thing. A minute after that, he just realised that he will be stuck with Mina after this.

   “Thank you very much.” Momo bowed to the nurse. The latter nodded and resumed to close the nurse room door. It already exceed her time working anyway but Momo was thankful that she’s willing to help. After the nurse left them, Momo and Mina stood up in awkwardness. But then, Momo was back of being the cocky person to Mina.

   “You little—*sighed* you always troubling people.” Momo scolded. Mina clenched her hand on the hem of her skirt and shuffled her feet uncomfortably. She knew it that Momo would be mad at her.

   “Enough. Let’s just get you home.” Momo sighed and walked passed Mina to his motorbike while the latter trailing behind. And so, they didn’t really went straight to Mina’s home. Mina had learnt that Momo actually stopping by the street food stall and gestured Mina to follow him.

   He ordered two plates of teopokki and other snacks while Mina keeping herself shut at the seat in front of Momo. She had her head down, afraid to look up and possibly saw Momo’s angry face.

   “Listen. I’m not doing this because I care about you. I just don’t want you to trouble me again.” Mina nodded.

   “Are you listening?” Mina nodded but continue staring at the ground. She heard Momo sighed.

   “When I’m talking, look at me.” He said with a familiar cold tone. Slowly, Mina lifted up her head and saw Momo still staring through pierce on her. “Stupid.” She heard Momo mumbled after that but it was cut off after the food arrived.

   “Eat and take your medicine. I will send you home.”