Cutsey Couples

Suga High
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I feel as though I am lecturing two eight-year-olds walking into the restaurant. I know I have a few minutes to set the rules because Yoongi texted me that he would be running a few minutes late again. This time it worked to my advantage.

 

“Don’t call me any weird names, don’t bring up any embarrassing stories, don't do anything!” I say to them. They mope in response.

 

“But Jimmnie, I’ve known you since we were five! I have sixteen years of good stories to tell! I know Yoongi will love them! Who could forget the time when we were ten and that girl beat you up and you cried? I love that story!” Tae whines.

 

“NO! Especially not that one! Besides, I cried because I got hurt. She only won because I was enough of a gentleman to not fight back! You know my mom’s strict rules and morals.” I defend.

 

“But what about the time when-“ 

 

“NO STORIES!”

 

Tae sulks. Jungkook puts his arm around him to comfort him. I knew I didn't have to say too much to Jungkook because I’d only known him for a year. He didn't have any stories to tell unless they were ones Tae told him.

 

We sit down at our reserved table and wait for Yoongi to arrive. My legs bounces with anxiety and my heart races. I’ve only met him once but I can’t help but feel this way. We’ve texted plenty the past four days and meeting definitely changed how we spoke and our personal feelings towards each other. He was more flirtatious and brave with his texts, and I blushed plenty in response to them. Though, it earned endless teasing from Frick and Frack sitting across from me. 

 

My phone buzzes and I see a message from Yoongi. 

 

Suga: Hey beautiful, just got here, see you in a second ;)

 

My face burns and I can hear Jungkook and Tae giggle. I text back ok and try to get my face color back to normal. I straighten my light blue collared button-down shirt and see that my black dressier pants and shoes still looked nice. We were all dressed a bit more formal because this was a nice restaurant. It was agreed one person from each couple would pay for themselves and their partner. I already knew I would pay for Yoongi and I, I’m refused to have him pay.

 

His teal hair is easily seen from the front of the restaurant and he shoots me one of his beautiful smiles as soon as he sees me. I can’t help but smile too.

 

“You’ve met the guy once and you’re already whipped,” Jungkook chuckles. I shoot him a clear look to tell him to be quiet, and he takes the cue. I stand up to greet Yoongi.

 

He walks up to the table and hugs me before anything. I’m taken back by his quick kind gesture and hug him back. There is a chorus of ‘aws’ erupting from behind me. I released the hug and gesture to the chair next to me, and we both sit down.

 

“Yoongi, I’d like you to meet my friends Tae and Jungkook, they’re the ones who got me on the app that led me to you.” I introduce.

 

“Ah, so these are the angels looking out for me! Thank you guys so much, I would never have had the lucky chance to meet Jimin if it weren't for you.” Yoongi says graciously and shakes both their hands. My face tinges pink. This guy and his words…

 

“Ah, you’re both like this, huh?” Tae laughs.

 

“Like what?” Yoongi asks.

 

“Crazy about each other I guess,” Tae explains, “You both seem to care about each other a lot already and you say and do the nicest things. We thought it was just Jimin getting all lovey-dovey but I see it’s a two-way street.”

 

I shoot him a glare. I decide to quickly change the subject.

 

“How about we order?” I suggest. 

 

“Good idea.” Yoongi agrees.

 

Just then we are instantly greeted by a happy looking waiter. “Hello guys, my name is Jin and I’ll be your waiter this evening! I hope that you will enjoy the food we will prepare for you tonight and feel free to leave any comment or concerns in the box up front as you leave!” He says. We all smile and nod, saying our pleasantries and hellos.

 

We all open up a menu and skim the contents. Quite similarly enough, Yoongi and I both order stew kimchi jjigae, it’s both our favorites, Jungkook orders pork soup rice, and Tae orders Japchae, along with a basket of breadsticks for the table. The waiter happily takes the order and heads into the back. We’re all once again left with trying to make conversation.

 

“So, what do you two do for a living?” Yoongi asks Tae and Jungkook. I was relieved he could think of something good to break the ice.

 

“Well I was able to finish college early and so now I just have a part-time job working at the grocery store a few

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter