Goldilocks?

Suga High
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Goldilocks?

 

I can’t remember being so tired and hungry before ever. I’m sitting on a tree stump recalling the events that had gone on. My Appa had ground me for being out in the woods so late again. I couldn’t help it though, the woods were my home! I could sing as loud as I like and had the birds sing along with me. I tried to explain by Appa didn’t want to listen.

 

Hoseok was loved in our village and always kind, but I guess I drove him to his breaking point. He cast me out to be in the woods for two days because he thought it would serve me right and not want to be there so much. He gave me a small amount of food that I had eaten within the hour of being sent out, but that was it. He wanted me to be miserable.

 

He stood there after chasing me out the door, our dog yapping for me at his heels. “You will stay out for two days! Do whatever you want, but you will not be in this house until after then! After this, you will not be wandering those woods again!” He yells in frustration, his sunny smile nowhere to be found. I was happy at first and sang my heart out, happy to not have to worry about being home, but now, here I stood, early in the morning the next day, hungry, not seeing the fun in the situation anymore. I was also lost. Very lost.

 

I try to sing to get my mind off of it but the grumbles from my stomach are louder. The woods used to seem more beautiful but it was losing its beauty as I grew tired, hungry, and ready to go home. I knew I couldn’t go home though, even if I did know where home was. 

 

I comb through my blonde hair with my fingers, trying to get rid of the tangles and dirt from resting during the night. I wander through the forest, hoping to find some kind of shelter. It feels like hours of wandering I see a small cottage. I start to approach when I see the door swing open. Startled, I jump back and hide in the brush. I see three people come out of the cottage. There’s two older men together, one in a pink sweatshirt and jeans, the other in a red plaid shirt and jeans, straightening his hair into his beanie. Following them is a boy- and a grumpy looking one at that. 

 

“Why do we have to leave so early???” Whines the boy cutely to the other two men. 

 

“Because, Yoongi, you’re lazy, and we need to do something as a family. Your father and I are tired of you laying about doing nothing, today is a family day. Don’t you agree that this is much needed Namjoon?” The man in the pick sweatshirt asks his husband from I can assume, and Namjoon looks up at him startled while putting on sunglasses, breaking them in the process. He makes a face at his broken sunglasses.

 

“Yes Jin sweetheart, of course, your right,” he says, handing Jin a camera, “Yoongi, no use in complaining, you know your father isn’t going to change his mind.” Jin gives Namjoon a face to which Namjoon returns with a sheepish smile, and they walk out into the woods, the opposite direction that I am in right now. I hear Yoongi groan as he follows.

 

I chuckle at Yoongi’s laziness, it being kinda cute. I look back at the cottage and see the Yoongi, being the last one out of the house, didn’t close the door fully. My heart leaps. I could eat something! Surely they wouldn’t notice a little food missing, huh?

 

I check to make sure that the family is gone, and I stealthily make my way into the cottage, closing the door behind me. They wouldn’t want intruders, now would they?

 

Look around the cozy little cottage. There’s a fireplace, and couch with a giant quilt spread across the back, along with three reclining chairs along a wall in front of a television, and last but not least there’s a table with three chairs in an eating area. There are bowls on the table and my heart leaps.

 

I look and see some bowls of rice spread out, a bowl on each spot. They look fresh and untouched, Jin must have been really frustrated and left before they could eat! It smelled heavenly and I picked up the first bowl and shoved a spoon heaping with rice into my mouth, and I shout out in pain, it was scalding! I barely swallow the spoon, my mouth burning, eyes teary. That was way too hot! “Damn!” I can’t help but say out loud, grabbing a glass of water from the table.

 

I cool my mouth down for a moment and grab for the next bowl, hoping that it was cooled a little more. I put another spoonful into my mouth but cannot help but spit it out. It was ice cold, gross! I grimace at the mess I made, but my hunger erases the guilt. I huff and grab the last bowl. 

 

I shove in a spoon from that bowl hoping for the best, and I find it at the perfect temperature! I smile and let out a contented sigh. This was delicious, and just what I needed! I quickly eat the entire bowl, scraping it clean. When I’m done, I’m stuffed! I place the bowl and spoon back on the table and look around to find those chairs. They look enticing and I would really love to sit in a comfy chair, rather than a tree stump! I run over to the chairs, hopping in the one closest.

 

To my surprise, I’m bounced right off of it! I land hard on the floor. I stand up, rubbing my behind. That chair was way too tight and bouncy! I carefully walk over and sit in the next chair, fit with a big pink cushion to sit on. I sit down and my eyes widen and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter