Valentine's Day

Suga High
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I wake up to an empty bed. I slowly open my eyes and see a large space the bed that should have a sleeping Yoongi, and I shiver at the lack of body heat. Where could he be? I wanted to wake him up well, it was Valentine’s day after all. I sigh and sit up, stretching ready to start my day. I’m sure Yoongi is slinking around somewhere.

 

I get out of bed, freshen up, and head out to the kitchen. It’s silent in the apartment, the only sound being the slight hum coming from the refrigerator. I look around and finally find a post it on the table, covered in Yoongi’s scrawled handwriting.

 

‘Hey, I had to get up early to do some things in the studio, won’t be back until later tonight! Love you! You can hang with one of the boys today, give Hobi a call, he’d love the company!

    -Yoongi’

 

I can’t help but sigh reading this. Did he not know what today was? I wanted to have this Valentine's day be special, it’d be our first one together, and here he was, gone off to do work. Maybe he does know, but it’s not a big deal to him? I have these questions floating around my head as I get dressed,  deciding to take up Yoongi on his idea to hang out with Hobi for the day. 

 

I shoot Hobi a quick text and head out the door, ready to take the short walk to his apartment down the street. The air is cold, so I quicken my pace to escape it. A few minutes later I walk into Hobi’s building, welcoming the heat. A short elevator ride later, I’m knocking on his door.

 

The door opens and I have Toby jump on me and Hobi smiling. “Hey Jimin! How are you?” He greets, gesturing me to come in. I give a weak smile and walk in, settling onto his couch after taking off my jacket. “To be honest, I’m a little bummed,” I answer back truthfully. “You know what today is, right?” I ask.

 

He thinks for a minute, checking his phone for the date, and suddenly his face shows realization. “Oh jeez, it’s really Valentine’s day already?” He asks, and I nod and sigh.

 

“I was excited to spend the day but in the note he left, it just said you wanted to hang out, and that he wouldn’t be back until late, don’t get me wrong I love hanging out with you, but I was just looking forward to us having today, especially because he’s been having many late days working lately,” I vent, and he nods. He sits down next to me on the couch and Toby lays on his lap, taking no time to fall asleep. 

 

“Jimin, he might have just gotten the day wrong and forgot, you said yourself that’s he’s been busy with work, right?” He asks, and I nod in response. “Well,” he continues, “Make sure to tell him when he gets home, and maybe you can do something tomorrow,” he reasons, giving me a big smile. I can’t help mirror it, his smile being the straight sunshine to anyone’s heart. 

 

“I guess you’re right…” I say, and he puts a hand on my shoulder. “Of course I’m right!”

 

I chuckle and pet dozing Toby as he sleeps and continue to talk to Hobi. We catch up on life, the others, anything in general.

 

“Yeah, I haven’t seen Tae and Jungkook in a while, I last saw them about two weeks ago, left my good warm jacket there, but I haven’t had the time to run buy,” he says as we talk about the others. I feel bad, but I decide I want to help since I had nothing better to do today anyway.

 

“Hey, would you like me to visit their place and get your jacket for you? I’d love too, pop in and visit the two, making sure they’re not getting into too much trouble today,” I chuckle, and he smiles brightly.

 

“Really? That'd be great, it’s been so cold lately,” he says. I smile and stand, grabbing my jacket. 

 

“I’ll be back later with your jacket! I’m happy to help.” 

 

He thanks me again and with a friendly bar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter