First Impressions and Coffee

Suga High
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I nervously look at my phone again to check the time.

3:15 pm.

 

Was ‘Suga’ going to really meet me? I’m starting to regret joining this app. Jungkook and Tae pushed me so hard to get this app because this is how they met about a year ago, and they were tired of me third wheeling. It took 2 months, but finally, their pestering paid off. Now here I was sitting in this average coffee shop in Busan.

 

I open my camera and take another look at myself to make sure I look ok. I run my fingers through my newly blonde hair and give my best smile. I liked blond slightly better than the brown I had before, it was softer. My black t-shirt is nice and wrinkle free, and I was pretty sure the ripped dark navy skinny jeans I was wearing made my legs look decent. Everything was purposely coordinated down my black converse. Physically, I was ready, mentally, not so much. I’m really nervous and ‘Suga’ was 15 minutes late. Not a good sign…

 

We talked a good bit through the app and he seemed really nice. We decided last night that after about three weeks of talking, it would be great to meet in person. I wondered about his name he used on the app. My username was pretty simple, just used my nickname ‘Jimmnie’ on there because I didn't quite know what else to put. I asked him about his but he said it would make more sense explained in person. ‘Okay!’ I had said.

 

My thoughts are interrupted when I hear the little bell on the front door of the coffee shop jingle. I see a young man, about my age with teal hair rush in. He stands and looks around. He looks flustered like he is unable to find someone. He takes his phone from his pocket and starts to text. Seconds later my phone goes off.

 

Suga: Hey, where are you? We probably should have been a bit more organized lol. I just got here.

 

Jimmnie: Are you the guy with the teal hair?…

 

Suga: Yes! Where are you??

 

I wave in his direction and he shoots a gummy smile. I can’t help but smile too. He was just too cute. I stand to meet him properly.

 

“Hey Suga, I’m Jimmnie, but you can just call me Jimin, it’s my actual name.” I greet.

 

“It’s great to finally see you in person Jimin. You can just call me by my name, Yoongi.” He smiles back, “My friends call me Suga because I have such pale skin.” I smile and nod, it is obvious. We both sit down and just observe each other for a moment. “I’m sorry for being late, I overslept and I looked a wreck, and had to try and look somewhat decent. By the time I was done I missed the bus so I ran all the way here, which is about two miles away so..” He apologizes, rubbing the back of his neck. 

 

“Oh no, don’t worry, it’s ok!” I assure him. He smiles looking relieved. “You do look great by the way,” I add. He’s wearing a black shirt as well but with a yellow and black flannel ed over it with some plain blue jeans and black converses like mine. 

 

“Thanks! You look amazing, really. You’r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter