Chapter 17

New Girls on the Block
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 17

The music was beating loudly, Soyeon and Qri covered their ears as they walked into the club.
“What’s wrong guys? Didn’t you both want to go to the party?” Jiyeon smiled and laughed at them. She wasn’t even sure if they could hear her talk. “Yah what’s wrong with you Hwayoung?” Jiyeon stared at Hwayoung who had her arms crossed. She had a bored expression on her face.
“I was perfectly fine hanging out with Eunjung!” Hwayoung pouted, “Why did you have to bring me to this boring party…”
“To get your mind off of things!” Jiyeon laughed. In fact, she was the one who wished to get her mind off of everything. The four of them talked and danced in a circle for about half an hour. Jiyeon decided that she needed to use the restroom. She definitely did not expect what was about to come next. Jiyeon walked into the restroom and went straight to the mirror to fix her makeup, right beside her was the person she least expected to see.
“J-jiyeon?” Hyomin said softly.
“Ah Hyomin!” Jiyeon was surprised. Suddenly, both of their hearts started to beat faster. If they were to compare their heart rates, they would have been in sync with each other.
Hyomin quickly brushed her hair nervously and asked, “What brings you here?”
Jiyeon quickly cleared and replied, “Just came here for fun.” The atmosphere was very awkward, their relationship was one that was too complicated, even they didn’t know if they were enemies, lovers, or friends. All they could do was keep small talk while their hearts yearned for something, anything, to happen.
“Want to dance?” Hyomin asked shyly. She looked at Jiyeon in the eyes for a second before looking down and away. She was surprised when Jiyeon grabbed it and said, “O-okay what do you want to do?” Hyomin smiled nervously and brought Jiyeon outside of the restroom.
The two of shifted through the crowd of people dancing, finally they found some space for themselves to dance. Jiyeon showed Hyomin some y dance moves which made her heart beat fast again. She thought she should show Jiyeon some moves too. She made a silly face and did her silliest moves, making Jiyeon laugh. They decided to go to the bar at the side to sit down and relax. “Oh your friends are here.” Hyomin found Qri, Soyeon, and Hwayoung dancing with each other on the dance floor. “You should go hang out with them.”
“But I want to hang out with y..” Jiyeon stopped herself before she realized what she was saying, “I mean, I just need to rest here.” She blushed. Hyomin was happy she made the mistake. She grabbed Jiyeon’s hand. “I’m glad we’re hanging out.” Neither of the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter