Chapter 13

New Girls on the Block
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 13

Hyomin was walking peacefully by herself to eat lunch. She cheerfully strolled, not expecting to run into anyone, however, there was the girl who she least wanted to see right in front of her. She took a glance at Jiyeon before walking away.

“I didn’t say you could talk to me,” Jiyeon peered her eyes to the side, talking to Hyomin without facing her. “However, I didn’t say you could ignore me either.” The atmosphere was a bit awkward between them ever since their unprecedented first kiss. Jiyeon walked over and stood in front of Hyomin.

“What do you want?” Hyomin plainly asked. In Jiyeon’s eyes, Hyomin sparkled more brightly than she had before. She looked cute, especially when irritated.

“Uh…I…” Jiyeon stuttered. She couldn’t handle using her usual cold attitude after all that happened between them. She tried her best to remain tough.

“Whatever, I don’t have time right now,” Hyomin didn’t wait for Jiyeon to finish her sentence. In the distance, a figure could be seen running closer towards them. “Ah Dani! You look like you’re feeling better.” Dani came up to her and gave her a hug. Hyomin laughed and the smile on her face warmed Jiyeon’s heart. Jiyeon really loved seeing Hyomin happy. She only wished that she could be her source of happiness someday soon. Suddenly, Areum walked by and saw the group. She greeted Jiyeon, Hyomin, and Dani.

“Dani-ah, why don’t we hang out today,” Areum offered, “It will be fun!”

“Really?” Dani’s heart skipped a beat, would she really get a chance to go and hang out with her crush?

“Yes! I owe it to you,” Areum gave a pleasant smile, grabbed Dani’s hand, and the two were off, leaving Jiyeon and Hyomin staring at each other awkwardly once again.

_____

“Come on, let’s go!” Areum held Dani’s hand and led her to a place where they could eat lunch. Dani felt her cheeks burning because of her blushing. However, in the distance, Dani saw someone that made her heart sink. At the table they were walking to, Qri was sitting down, waiting for the both of them. “Ah Dani! You’re here!” Qri said cheerfully.

“Don’t worry, she’s not going to beat you up,” Areum promised Dani, “I’ll beat her up if she touches you.”

“Omo! Why are you so mean Areum? I’m not going to hurt our Dani.” Qri laughed. Dani sighed, she thought she would have time to spend alone with Areum. She had almost forgotten that Areum and Qri were a couple. Areum and Dani joined Qri at the table and each of them brought out their lunches. Before they started eating, Qri wrapped her arms around Areum and asked, “Give me a kiss Areum~”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter