NINE

Wither, Wane, Grow.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-AUGUST 23-

 

Sowon panicked as she followed Sinb who was on her way back to the dorm. She couldn’t stop fidgeting and all she could think of was how to get the pills away from her. Sinb felt that it would be a better idea if she kept the fact that she bought the sleeping pills from her members, thinking they may not be happy about it. However, Sinb believed that the pills can help her to get at least some sleep. As much as she missed Sowon, she needed her life back. 

 

“Unnie, I’m back.”

 

Yerin and Umji came out of their rooms upon hearing the girl’s voice. Eunha and Yuju had gone back for the week, as they felt that they needed a break from this and the dorm with many memories of them wasn’t necessarily the best place to recover their broken hearts. The members understood and knew that it was for the best. 

 

Yerin made her way to Sinb as she asked,

 

“Where did you go?”

 

“Well, I went to the Han River. Sat there and just thought about y-know.. stuff yeah…”

 

Sinb explained. She found it a little awkward to open up to the members, considering she had been bottling everything inside her for over the last two months. She felt sorry and guilty for feeling this way. Umji patted her friend’s shoulder as she gave her a warm smile with her lips curled up at the ends. 

 

“I’m glad you’re moving on Eunbi…”

 

Sinb didn’t know how to react but gave a half awkward, half guilty smile. Yerin’s eyes traced to the white plastic bag Sinb was holding. She pointed and asked.

 

“Whats that?”

 

Immediately, Sinb hid the bag behind her as she frantically shook her head.

 

“Uhh— it’s… nothing…. I just bought something from the convenience store.”

 

Sowon’s eyes widened, hearing the lie the girl made. She had to warn Yerin. She was standing behind Sinb as she shook her head while her index finger, continuously jabbed at the bag hidden behind Sinb’s back. Yerin quickly caught on and noticed the uncomfortable expression Sowon had. The leader repeatedly mouthed the words.

 

“Get it away from her…”

 

Reading the leader’s lips, she knew what she had to do. Yerin’s face quickly turned stern as she put her palm out and gestured the girl to hand the bag over.

 

“Sinb, don’t lie to me. Hand it over.”

 

Umji was really confused as her eyes travelled to Yerin and then to Sinb, and then back to Yerin. She knew her Yerin Unnie’s character and that eyes that Yerin had was a rare sight. She continued to observe Sinb, and could see Sinb grasping onto the bag behind her, as if her life depended on it. Something wasn’t right. 

 

“Eunbi what are you hiding? Just show it to us.”

 

Umji tried to plead her friend, because the eyes that Yerin had she knew it wasn’t going to end well. 

 

“Sinb, I’m being serious.”

 

Yerin taunted the girl for the last time before she knew she was going to lose it. Sinb knew very well she was going to be landed in huge trouble if Yerin knew what had in her hands. She scanned the hallway and decided to take the chance and run for it, to her room and lock the door. That was her plan. Her eyes aimed at the empty space beside Yerin and just like a bolt she dashed across the hallway.

 

“HWANG EUNBI!”

 

Yerin yelled out the younger girl’s full name. She caught Sinb’s wrist just in time before she could get past her. Sinb led out a shriek.

 

“AHH!!”

 

“Unnie! You’re hurting her!”

 

Umji hastily ran towards her friend and tried to separate Sinb and Yerin, but Yerin was simply too strong. 

 

“Unnie! Her wrist!”

 

Umji could see the pain in Sinb’s eyes, she was trying so hard to hold her tears back because Yerin was holding on to the wrist where her wounds were. Hearing their youngest’s words, she quickly let go but snatched the bag that Sinb tried to hide. Both Umji and Sinb were surprised and scared at the same time because this wasn’t the Yerin Unnie they knew, her eyes could tell it all. She’s changed. Even Sowon was surprised to see Yerin like that, she knew that Yerin would never treat her younger members who were li

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter