FIVE

Wither, Wane, Grow.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-JUNE 8-

[TW]

It’s a solemn day for everyone related to Sowon, or rather to Kim Sojung. The members were all in their dorm, ready to head out to Sowon’s funeral. Yerin was in a black dress, laying in Sowon’s bed, she started to tear up a little, as she remembered everything about the leader, absorbing her scent before it gradually leaves the the bed overtime. Everything felt like a blur, it didn’t feel real at all to the members. They refused to accept the fact that their leader was truly gone. 

Yerin’s sobs were heavy and sad, but little did she know that Sowon was in the room, watching Yerin and feeling helpless as ever, knowing the fact that although she was right beside Yerin, Yerin would never be able to know that all these while, Sowon has been just watching the members silently, protecting and guarding them. 

At that moment, Sinb walks into the room.

 

“Sinb ah…”

 

Sowon called out to the second Maknae. Without any words, Sinb walked over to Yerin as she laid on the empty space beside her. Her arms hugged her from behind as her face buried in the second eldest’s back. She listened to Yerin’s sobs as she hugged her even tighter. They stayed like that for a good fifteen minutes, as Sowon watched them cry. She has never seen the members in such a vulnerable state. Her heart heart tore looking at the people she was supposed to protect with everything she’s got, looking like they’re barely alive. Soon after, Yuju walked in to get the members.

 

“Unnie, Sinb, let’s go. Manager-nim is waiting for us downstairs…”

 

Yuju said lifelessly as she gently shook the members on their shoulder, but it took awhile for the both of them to finally leave the bed. Both wanting to stay a little longer.  

 

“No, no, no. Why can’t I do anything!”

 

Sowon screamed, having that glimpse of hope that at least one of them would respond to her calls. But, obviously nothing happened. 

The girls were all having their own moment. Their manager, dressed in a black suit also stayed silent throughout the drive. After all, he was there even before GFriend was formed. He watched every single one of them grow up to where they were now, but knowing he had one less person to look after made his heart wrenched in pain. He himself was holding his tears back, afraid of looking weak in front of the members. The girls were absorbed in their own thoughts, but all feeling the same. The van was unusually empty. Sowon’s seat had been left alone. 

Yerin stared out the window, as she recalled how much fun they used to have in the van, like this was their third home after their practice room. She turned to her right, hoping that she’d get delusional and she’d see Sowon next to her. Empty. 

 

“Unnie…”


Her broken heart called out to the empty seat beside her, to her one and only leader Unnie. 

 

“I’m here Yerin, I’m here…”

 

Sowon said as she was sitting on her seat. She prayed and wished so hard that the members could see her, could tell that she was still around. For a good second, she regretted having made the wish she made then, because the pain of watching the members like this, was something she never wanted to experience. 

 

“Yerin I’m so so so sorry, Unnie made yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter