EIGHT

Wither, Wane, Grow.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-AUGUST 21-

 

“I know I sound crazy, the fact that you can see me is crazy enough.”

 

“Uh-huh…”

 

Yerin replied, still stunned. 

 

“But believe me, Sinb is going to try and take her life, and you know what, I’m dead but I don’t want her to die with me. We’ve got to save her.”

 

“Unnie, I really don’t understand. How do you know she’s going to die?”

 

-----

 

-AUGUST 23-

 

“Unnie, I’m going out..”

 

“Huh? Where are you going?”

 

Sinb told Yerin who was lying down on the couch with her eyes closed. Hearing the younger girl’s voice,  Yerin sat up confused thinking what has gotten into Sinb. Sinb had gotten a little better ever since that meltdown she had two days ago. She was talking a little more, eating a little. Things seemed to be turning slighty brighter for Sinb. Sowon who was sitting beside Yerin on the couch, couldn’t be more relieved to see the girl moving on, even if it was little bit, it was still progress. 

 

“Not far, I’ll be back soon…”

 

Sinb said, as she wore her shoes and shut the door, quickly leaving. Just as she heard the door closed, Sowon placed her hand on Yerin's shoulder, she gave her a reassuring nod. 

 

“I’ll follow her don’t worry.”

 

The leader said as Yerin nodded and replied with a faint smile.

 

Meanwhile, Sinb was in a grey oversized sweater. She hated wearing long sleeves but she had no choice in order to hide the scars on her wrist. Every time she looked at what she done to herself, she would recall how each cut came about, every single one of them had a story and a reason behind why she did it. She basically came to terms with them and thought of them as part of her. As much as she hated it, she couldn’t help it, but to succumb to such resorts. But, for her members who were still alive and the one who wasn’t around anymore, she was going to attempt to pull herself together. She thought about what Yerin said the other night, she was right about protecting Sowon’s dream. However, deep inside she still finds it hard and is always in constant denial. There were just too many memories of Sowon in Sinb’s heart and mind and it was too difficult to just let that part of her memory go. 

She found herself walking endlessly towards nowhere, but something drew her attention as she stopped in her tracks. She lifted her head as her gaze shifted to the bench that was by the banks of the Han River. She walked over and planted herself on the bench. She slowly closed her eyes while taking a deep breath in, inhaling the breeze, the soft scent of the trees and the light aroma of the river water.  She couldn’t help but let out a smile, it was a first ever since the passing of Sowon. 

The leader followed the girl throughout her trip, eventually sitting beside Sinb. She knew why the girl decided to come here, to this particular bench. She watched and observed the girl, she could guess what she was thinking about because she was thinking the same things as her. Memories started flooding in for Sinb. She recalled during her trainee days, she was really impatient and impulsive, she still is now, but better than before. During one of their group’s choreography practice, Sinb messed up quite a bit which led her to be heavily reprimanded by their choreographer. She was really young back then and her impulsive character made her run out the practice room in frustration and in the heat of the moment. She sat right at this very bench and cried her eyes out. The leader on the other hand was calm and collected even back then. She didn’t panic at the situation, but instead followed the girl as she sat beside young Sinb and handed her a tissue but Sinb simply pushed Sowon’s hand away, refusing to accept that she was weak at that point in time. However, what the leader said next changed her.

 

“Eu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter